Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

Get Offended and Feel Shame

47 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I should clarify, I agree I’m sure they didn’t do it on purpose, but that doesn’t make it OK.   I guess “perpetuating stereotypes” would probably be a better term than racist here.

I just want to say that, while I disagree with this statement, I’m glad that you started posting here.  You seem intelligent and your posts are well thought out.  It is good to have discussions between dissenting opinions — perhaps over time I will see some of your perspectives, and you will see ours. It is more interesting than posting in an echo chamber with an occasional troll.  :cheers:

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

I just want to say that, while I disagree with this statement, I’m glad that you started posting here.  You seem intelligent and your posts are well thought out.  It is good to have discussions between dissenting opinions — perhaps over time I will see some of your perspectives, and you will see ours. It is more interesting than posting in an echo chamber with an occasional troll.  :cheers:

Haha thanks.   Had mostly only been on the FF board in the past but had taken a couple years off of FF and now it seems like the FF board isn't as active as it used to be so figured I'd check out what was going on over here. 

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I should clarify, I agree I’m sure they didn’t do it on purpose, but that doesn’t make it OK.   I guess “perpetuating stereotypes” would probably be a better term than racist here.

Honestly, most corporations are so asleep at the wheel that some low-level workers probably snuck it in as a joke and it got past everyone.

25 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

McDonalds is being accused of being racist for adding a jerk chicken sandwich to its menu. SJWs are claiming it is cultural appropriation.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8986751/McDonalds-accused-cultural-appropriation-finest-new-Jerk-Chicken-Sandwich.html

I went to a restaurant a couple years ago and had some schnitzel. I enjoyed it so much I forgot whine about the cultural appropriation. :mad:

1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

McDonalds is being accused of being racist for adding a jerk chicken sandwich to its menu. SJWs are claiming it is cultural appropriation.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8986751/McDonalds-accused-cultural-appropriation-finest-new-Jerk-Chicken-Sandwich.html

See now that’s stupid.  I guess KFC/Popeyes/Bojangles are all guilty of cultural appropriation too then 

2 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

We can't have good food now unless it's invented by white Americans?

1 hour ago, nobody said:

We can't have good food now unless it's invented by white Americans?

Buffalo chicken wings!  :pointstosky:

I hate most people under 30 and over 60. They brought this garbage about. Boomers and Millennials. 

More book burning and shaming from the left today.

https://www.newsweek.com/kill-mockingbird-other-books-banned-california-schools-over-racism-concerns-1547241

'To Kill a Mockingbird,' Other Books Banned From California Schools Over Racism Concerns

By Samantha Lock On 11/13/20 at 12:09 PM EST

Schools in Burbank will no longer be able to teach a handful of classic novels, including Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird, following concerns raised by parents over racism.

Middle and high school English teachers in the Burbank Unified School District received the news during a virtual meeting on September 9.

Until further notice, teachers in the area will not be able to include on their curriculum Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird, Mark Twain's The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, John Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men, Theodore Taylor's The Cay and Mildred D. Taylor's Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry.

Four parents, three of whom are Black, challenged the classic novels for alleged potential harm to the district's roughly 400 Black students.

21 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

More book burning and shaming from the left today.

https://www.newsweek.com/kill-mockingbird-other-books-banned-california-schools-over-racism-concerns-1547241

'To Kill a Mockingbird,' Other Books Banned From California Schools Over Racism Concerns

By Samantha Lock On 11/13/20 at 12:09 PM EST

Schools in Burbank will no longer be able to teach a handful of classic novels, including Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird, following concerns raised by parents over racism.

Middle and high school English teachers in the Burbank Unified School District received the news during a virtual meeting on September 9.

Until further notice, teachers in the area will not be able to include on their curriculum Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird, Mark Twain's The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, John Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men, Theodore Taylor's The Cay and Mildred D. Taylor's Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry.

Four parents, three of whom are Black, challenged the classic novels for alleged potential harm to the district's roughly 400 Black students.

If they want to judge and ban writings and objects they say represent racism, why not wipe out the history of slavery? Can't get much worse than that. :dunno:

Well, except for maybe what the blacks are doing to each other in democratic cities these past many years that is.

Every time I read this thread title I think of this...

:dunno:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/college-student-stirs-controversy-refusing-173438554.html

College student stirs controversy after refusing to ‘pay it forward’ at fast food chain: ‘I don’t understand’
Emerald Pellot
Thu, December 10, 2020, 9:34 AM PST

A broke college student was labeled a “Christmas Scrooge” by everyone, including his mother.

He went on Reddit’s “Am I the A******” (AITA) forum to share what happened at a McDonald’s drive-thru one day. When he went to order breakfast, every customer before him had paid for the next customer’s food. But he didn’t want to participate.

“AITA for not paying it forward and buying the person behind me’s food,” the user wrote. “I (a broke college student) went to get breakfast at a Mcdonald’s drive-thru. When I went to pay, the cashier informed me that my food had been paid for. She said that this had been going on all morning without fail, everyone had paid for the person behind the in the spirit of Christmas and trying to uplift everyone during the quarantine. She asked if I wanted to pay it forward, I asked her how much the person’s bill behind me was and she said $24, which was way more than my Egg McMuffin and coffee. I told her no thank you and just drove off.”

The McDonald’s staff then expressed their disappointment.

“The workers were pretty rude and handed me my coffee and muffin all crumpled and literally say, ‘happy holidays, Scrooge’ to me. I called my mom pissed, even though it was in a joking manner it was pretty unprofessional to call me Scrooge. She was pretty upset at ME and called me cheap, it’s been bothering me all day,” he wrote.

Reddit users didn’t think what the student did was a big deal at all.

“I don’t understand at all,” one person wrote.

“Some people are not in a situation that affords them the ability to participate in something like this,” a user said.

“If everyone is expected to ‘pay it forward’ then it basically negates why the first person didn’t in the first place,” someone said.

7 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/college-student-stirs-controversy-refusing-173438554.html

College student stirs controversy after refusing to ‘pay it forward’ at fast food chain: ‘I don’t understand’
Emerald Pellot
Thu, December 10, 2020, 9:34 AM PST

A broke college student was labeled a “Christmas Scrooge” by everyone, including his mother.

He went on Reddit’s “Am I the A******” (AITA) forum to share what happened at a McDonald’s drive-thru one day. When he went to order breakfast, every customer before him had paid for the next customer’s food. But he didn’t want to participate.

“AITA for not paying it forward and buying the person behind me’s food,” the user wrote. “I (a broke college student) went to get breakfast at a Mcdonald’s drive-thru. When I went to pay, the cashier informed me that my food had been paid for. She said that this had been going on all morning without fail, everyone had paid for the person behind the in the spirit of Christmas and trying to uplift everyone during the quarantine. She asked if I wanted to pay it forward, I asked her how much the person’s bill behind me was and she said $24, which was way more than my Egg McMuffin and coffee. I told her no thank you and just drove off.”

The McDonald’s staff then expressed their disappointment.

“The workers were pretty rude and handed me my coffee and muffin all crumpled and literally say, ‘happy holidays, Scrooge’ to me. I called my mom pissed, even though it was in a joking manner it was pretty unprofessional to call me Scrooge. She was pretty upset at ME and called me cheap, it’s been bothering me all day,” he wrote.

Reddit users didn’t think what the student did was a big deal at all.

“I don’t understand at all,” one person wrote.

“Some people are not in a situation that affords them the ability to participate in something like this,” a user said.

“If everyone is expected to ‘pay it forward’ then it basically negates why the first person didn’t in the first place,” someone said.

He should have gotten back in line and ordered 100 egg McMuffins. :dunno:

Some kind of world we are living in. I would have said no thanks, paid my bill and got on with my day. I couldn’t imagine telling my mother that, never mind the whole world. 

This is hilarious and obviously not intentional but they prob just couldn’t find a black family with a father figure to use for the pic.

Democrats are shaming democrat leaders in California for replacing a woman senator...with a man AND that he is not black.  Being oppressed by male latinos!!!  How about we just make Trump and Pence prez and veep so they can keep Kamala in the senate????

https://www.yahoo.com/news/san-francisco-mayor-says-harris-234657608.html

San Francisco mayor says Harris’s Senate seat replacement is ‘unfortunate’

Mayor London Breed said the US Senate no longer having a Black woman in its ranks a ‘sad reality’

California Secretary of State Alex Padilla‘s appointment to fill Vice President-elect Kamala Harris‘s former Senate seat will make Padilla the state’s first Latino senator.

But his appointment also means there will no longer be any Black women in the Senate.

San Francisco Mayor London Breed spoke out against the replacement, calling it a real blow to the African American community and an especially “unfortunate situation” in light of the Black Lives Matter demonstrations that swept the nation this summer.

1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

Might need to start linking lefties who start shame threads in this forum lol

Good thinking.

On 12/26/2020 at 7:42 PM, JustinCharge said:

Democrats are shaming democrat leaders in California for replacing a woman senator...with a man AND that he is not black.  Being oppressed by male latinos!!!  How about we just make Trump and Pence prez and veep so they can keep Kamala in the senate????

https://www.yahoo.com/news/san-francisco-mayor-says-harris-234657608.html

San Francisco mayor says Harris’s Senate seat replacement is ‘unfortunate’

Mayor London Breed said the US Senate no longer having a Black woman in its ranks a ‘sad reality’

California Secretary of State Alex Padilla‘s appointment to fill Vice President-elect Kamala Harris‘s former Senate seat will make Padilla the state’s first Latino senator.

But his appointment also means there will no longer be any Black women in the Senate.

San Francisco Mayor London Breed spoke out against the replacement, calling it a real blow to the African American community and an especially “unfortunate situation” in light of the Black Lives Matter demonstrations that swept the nation this summer.

Black people need to stop worrying about the 11 black criminals a year getting shot while resisting arrest and start thinking about what they're going to do when the Latino community really gains ground and they can't claim oppression as much.  Because the hispanic community isn't stupid enough to let the black community falsely claim they're oppressing them.