Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Steelers/Ravens Game Postponed Until Wednesday....GAME ON!

Source: Tom Pelissero - NFL Network

Tom Pelissero reports, "The NFL is closely monitoring the situation with the Ravens, who have had 10 confirmed new positive COVID-19 cases among players and Tier 1 - Tier 2 personnel in the past week. Expect decisions Wednesday before the team travels to Pittsburgh."

We'll hopefully have clarity on this by tomorrow afternoon. In the meantime, if you have Ravens or Steelers in your lineups, be ready to make some moves if needed.....especially if they don't guarantee a move to Sunday or Monday.

I hope they play the game Thursday. I've been a football fan my whole life, but never really cared about the Thanksgiving games unless the Minnesota Vikings were playing.

When I started playing fantasy football in 2005, that changed. Now I enjoy watching them because most years, I have a player or 2 involved in each one.

30 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Meh.  Just play the game.  It's not like the Ravens were going to win anyway.

Any given Thanksgiving 🍗

Steelers are 2-6 on turkey day, and 0-1 on turkey day vs Ravens , ol boy.  

Jerome Bettis? Nah...there's a new Bus in town.

Gus the Bus 🚍

And he is gonna roll over the Steelas

30 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Jerome Bettis? Nah...there's a new Bus in town.

Gus the Bus 🚍

And he is gonna roll over the Steelas

Get off the Gus bus and find a new zone, Stone.

1000% confirmation that Lamar was the "undisclosed" 5th player ... this league is a sh1show run by gutless turds - no balls - it shoulda been played with RGKnee at QB

🥤

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NEWPOSTERGUY! said:

it shoulda been played with RGKnee at QB

It "should" have been played without COVID.

Does that mean Dobbins and Ingram are no longer a lock to not play....or did they actually test positive for Covid? 

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

It "should" have been played without COVID.

i get the grammar, chief ... "shoulda" is slang, "should of" (which most dunces use) is illiteracy.

THEY SHOULD HAVE POSTPONED SAN FRAN - GREEN BAY ... the 49ers had to start some of their cafeteria staff that night - they were as hard hit as the RatBirds. 

... but they can't have this game without LJax, i s'pose (<---- also slang)

As  Steelers fan, and as a football fan, that's disappointing. I was looking forward to watching this Thursday.

13 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Does that mean Dobbins and Ingram are no longer a lock to not play....or did they actually teat positive for Covid? 

Anything's possible. Look at Adam Thielen

"NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Adam Thielen tested positive and then tested negative for COVID-19"

The tiny bit of conspiracy theorist in me, wonders if some of these players/people are testing positive for non-Covid influenza.

It is flu season after all.

Hate this mandemic 

Hoping it leads into the game of the week?  

28 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

Why 1:15? 

Gives them an extra 15 minutes to clear the Covid protocol 

It's clear that someone in the NFL office doesn't like the Steelers.  Other teams have had to play short-handed with a next-man-up mentality.  This is twice now that the NFL has shifted schedules to accommodate a Steelers opponent.  In their original schedule they were supposed to face the Ravens coming off a bye week - instead the Steelers never really got a full bye week at all.  I wonder if this will be the chip on their shoulder that will motivate them to really go for an undefeated season.  If this was truly about player and staff wellness, any Raven that would not be able to participate in a Thursday game due to COVID should be required to be in isolation through Sunday. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stonewall said:

Gives them an extra 15 minutes to clear the Covid protocol 

Then 15 minutes later they can breathe all over each other when they huddle up on every play :)

28 minutes ago, Showboat said:

It's clear that someone in the NFL office doesn't like the Steelers.  Other teams have had to play short-handed with a next-man-up mentality.  This is twice now that the NFL has shifted schedules to accommodate a Steelers opponent.  In their original schedule they were supposed to face the Ravens coming off a bye week - instead the Steelers never really got a full bye week at all.  I wonder if this will be the chip on their shoulder that will motivate them to really go for an undefeated season.  If this was truly about player and staff wellness, any Raven that would not be able to participate in a Thursday game due to COVID should be required to be in isolation through Sunday. 

Yeah that’s it, someone in the NFL doesn’t like one of their best organizations.  

The fix might be on.  

Happy Thanksgiving. 

7 hours ago, NEWPOSTERGUY! said:

i get the grammar, chief ... "shoulda" is slang, "should of" (which most dunces use) is illiteracy.

True enough, but I wasn't being a grammar nazi.  I was contrasting your notion of how the game "should" have been played (i.e., "with RGKnee at QB") with my notion that the game "should" have been played in a universe without COVID.  I think mine is a more fundamental level of shouldness.

The Ravens have multiple new positive Covid test results today. NFL continues to closely monitor the situation to determine if this game is still played Sunday. No changes to status yet.

CBS

1 hour ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

The Ravens have multiple new positive Covid test results today. NFL continues to closely monitor the situation to determine if this game is still played Sunday. No changes to status yet.

Yup:

the Ravens had additional positive tests for COVID-19 on Wednesday. The team was originally scheduled to play the Steelers on Thursday, but following the placement of several Baltimore players on the reserve/COVID-19 list, the game was moved to Sunday at 1:15 p.m ET. According to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, the NFL "continues to closely monitor the situation" in order to decide whether the contest will even proceed as currently scheduled.

On 11/25/2020 at 12:55 PM, NEWPOSTERGUY! said:

1000% confirmation that Lamar was the "undisclosed" 5th player ... this league is a sh1show run by gutless turds - no balls - it shoulda been played with RGKnee at QB

🥤

gee, looks like i called that one perfectly ... i just knew it had to be Lamar - they weren't gonna fool NPG, ya hear?

:pointstosky:

Tests positive for COVID-19
November 26, 2020
Jackson has reportedly tested positive for COVID-19, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.
ANALYSIS
Assuming Jackson's positive test is confirmed by the Ravens, he'll likely miss Sunday's game against the Steelers if the game is played as scheduled. If he misses game action, Robert Griffin could take over under center for Baltimore.

1 hour ago, NEWPOSTERGUY! said:

. i just knew it had to be Lamar - they weren't gonna fool NPG, ya hear?

Nice call.

You are NEWPOSTERGUY!!!

• Haha 1

Nfl is facing a tough and interesting decision on this game. N

40 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Nfl is facing a tough and interesting decision on this game. N

Shouldn't be that tough.  Ravens cases started showing up Sunday and Monday.  With already delaying the game - that's a nearly a full week for isolation and testing.  They should be able to play with those who have cleared testing and contact tracing.  That's why they implemented special expanded practice squad rules.

26 minutes ago, Showboat said:

Shouldn't be that tough.  Ravens cases started showing up Sunday and Monday.  With already delaying the game - that's a nearly a full week for isolation and testing.  They should be able to play with those who have cleared testing and contact tracing.  That's why they implemented special expanded practice squad rules.

The first time I’ve heard that Jackson had texted positive is today, so I’ll say it again, tough decision.  

On 11/25/2020 at 2:36 PM, weepaws said:

Yeah that’s it, someone in the NFL doesn’t like one of their best organizations.  

The fix might be on.  

Happy Thanksgiving. 

I agree weepaws, if anything the NFL favors the Stealers-probably the dirtiest (Hines Ward?) team, and the first to use steroids back in 70's. Give me a break, I've seen Stealers benefit from many bad calls over the decades-"holding" (SB 'win' over Seattle) anyone? 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

The first time I’ve heard that Jackson had texted positive is today, so I’ll say it again, tough decision.  

It’s not about Lamar having Covid, it’s about the Ravens not having it contained.  As long as the Ravens keep getting new players turning up positive, they can’t play the game.  They have to prove it’s contained and go with who they got just like New England and SF had to do.  Otherwise, the NFL can’t risk spreading it to the Steelers.