Sign in to follow this  
TimHauck

Kenny Golladay

18 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Trying to explain something to you isn't "pivoting."  It's using different words to say the same thing.  I was trying to get you to understand that "the love of money" denotes selfishness in general in that scripture.

But rest assured that "selfishness is bad," and "the love of money is the root of all evil," are functionally equivalent statements, in the context of the scripture.  I'm not equivocating, I'm just trying to get you to grasp your error by using synonymous language.

God - "The greatest love is to lay down one's own life for another..." (i.e., the least selfish is the most loving)

Some use the words of God as a moral compass, others follow Ayn Rand--or anything else they think sounds good to them.

At least you understand how quoting works, so progress...

2 hours ago, Showboat said:

If a player is perceived to have talent, there is likely at least one team willing to overlook a lot of selfishness, taking plays/seasons off, bad work habits/attitude, criminality, etc.  And that player will usually get multiple chances.  Examples are numerous: Antonio Brown, LeVeon Bell, Randy Moss.....

Oh I agree. 

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

read Atlas Shrugged and get back to me...

No thanks, I’ll read the Bible, and get back to you. 

11 minutes ago, weepaws said:

No thanks, I’ll read the Bible, and get back to you. 

I’ve already read it, at least the important part, so no need. 

36 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I’ve already read it, at least the important part, so no need. 

Big need. 

Not sure if it got missed in the money vs the Bible discussion, but Golladay officially out tomorrow 

From the Detroit News:

The Detroit Lions thought about placing Kenny Golladay on injured reserve last month, and considering how long he's been out, they probably should have.  Golladay tried to return for the Lions' Nov. 22 game against the Carolina Panthers, but suffered a setback and has not practiced since.  He spent the open portion of practice earlier this week running for trainers, was a nonparticipant in practice Friday.  Interim Lions coach Darrell Bevell said Golladay is "improving every day," but offered no timetable for the wide receiver's return.

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Not sure if it got missed in the money vs the Bible discussion, but Golladay officially out tomorrow 

Good times. 

22 hours ago, drdelaware said:

If I owned a gun I think I’d shoot Galloway about now.  Waste of a high pick.  Finally cut him to get an actual useful player.

Yea I agree picked him as my number one wide out this year hoping for big things but when he missed the first two games I had a feeling he was going to disappoint. Injuries to my top players killed me this year and except for Connor late corona not so much.  Metcalfs great season saved me some but not enough. 

I think if you’ve kept him this long, and have the room to continue keeping him, I would keep him. 

I'm thinking of dropping Golladay for Rashard Higgins. Higgins has the Giants and Jets the next two weeks and has 19 targets over the past two games. Just don't see a need to keep Golladay

Yeah even if he does play I don't think I'd be confident enough to start him at least in the first week back

If one doesn’t have the room to still keep him, even after keeping his this long, then dump him. 

If not keep him.  

Its that simple.  

On 12/5/2020 at 9:22 AM, drdelaware said:

If I owned a gun I think I’d shoot Galloway about now.  Waste of a high pick.  Finally cut him to get an actual useful player.

I'll bet Joey Galloway can still run a 4.3 40 though, just ask him and he'll tell you!

• Haha 1

On 12/5/2020 at 12:22 PM, drdelaware said:

If I owned a gun I think I’d shoot Galloway about now.  

Obvious you're not old enough to own one.  Who talks like this?

1 hour ago, t.j said:

I'll bet Joey Galloway can still run a 4.3 40 though, just ask him and he'll tell you!

I bet he could throw a football clear over those mountains.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Obvious you're not old enough to own one.  Who talks like this?

Dangerous person with a gun.