Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Bengals to start QB Brandon Allen

not sure if anyone cares but his momma

10 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Good for Boyd & Higgins, NYG DST not as terrific a matchup but still good. Allen played decently for Den but he’s been on the practice squad.

You and I apparently have a different opinion on the meaning of "played decently".  He totally sucked.  In his best game, he completed 46% of his passes for less than 200 yards with 1 TD.  In 3 starts (0-3), he completed 47% of his passes for 474 with 2 TD's and 2 Int's.  His ypa was a meager 5.5 and his passer rating was 62.

That’s not true, Allen’s best game was a home game vs the Browns. 

He completed 60% of his passes 193 yards 2 tds 0 ints and scored  19 ff points.  

And he scored 17 points in his second game.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, weepaws said:

That’s not true, Allen’s best game was a home game vs the Browns. 

He completed 60% of his passes 193 yards 2 tds 0 ints and scored  19 ff points.  

And he scored 17 points in his second game.  

You're right.  That's my bad.  I was looking at Finley's numbers.

There's very little difference between the two when you compare their 3-game totals.

56 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

You and I apparently have a different opinion on the meaning of "played decently".  He totally sucked.  In his best game, he completed 46% of his passes for less than 200 yards with 1 TD.  In 3 starts (0-3), he completed 47% of his passes for 474 with 2 TD's and 2 Int's.  His ypa was a meager 5.5 and his passer rating was 62.

You might be missing a start. He completed 60% in his first game vs Cle, 12/20/193/2/0. Den won that one.

The 2nd game was worse, 17/39/240/1/1 - but Den still did decently, losing 23-27.

Third game was lousy, but at Buf, 40 deg weather with winds. That was truly a crapfest. 

Allen has had good preseason performances as well pre-Cincy.

4 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

You might be missing a start. He completed 60% in his first game vs Cle, 12/20/193/2/0. Den won that one.

The 2nd game was worse, 17/39/240/1/1 - but Den still did decently, losing 23-27.

Third game was lousy, but at Buf, 40 deg weather with winds. That was truly a crapfest. 

Allen has had good preseason performances as well pre-Cincy.

Yeah, I mentioned that in the post above.  I was looking at Finley's numbers.  Their compiled numbers are virtually the same.  Didn't realize I was looking at Finley's numbers when I posted that.  Tough, the 3-game set for Allen is still crappy.

I'm not interested in pre-season.  Doug Pederson was an H.O.F.'er in August.  Mike Glennon was great in pre-season. It's easy to excel when you're at least a competent player going up against future carpenter's and electricians.

• Like 1