Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

(Super Bowl) Sunday will be the final showdown between Brady and Mahomes

I hope I was wrong about this thread

On 11/25/2020 at 4:27 PM, BufordT said:

Until the Super Bowl  :ninja:

:ninja:

On 11/25/2020 at 5:01 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Chiefs better win one now because Eric Bienemy  will be leaving for a a HC job after the season. There goes the offense. 

So many dumb teams out there

On 11/27/2020 at 1:15 AM, JustinCharge said:

Brady is done.  Noodle arm now.  He can throw it deep with zip but with zero accuracy.  He should retire today but is gonna just finish out the year.

Another one of your great takes

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Another one of your great takes

Its you that thought Brady was done.

Signed, 

JustinCharge

I give Brady a good shot. JPP is on his side this time. 

22 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I give Brady a good shot. JPP is on his side this time. 

He’s down with JPP. 

Brady isn't even good.  Rodgers with a bunch of 6th rounders put up like 360 yards.  Mahomes and company looked unstoppable tonight.

TB needs a bunch to go right in order to win.  

11 hours ago, Herbivore said:

Its you that thought Brady was done.

Signed, 

JustinCharge

tom brady at one point in 2020 was on an 0 for 19 streak on deep balls and looked absolutely cooked.  he completely turned that around.  looking back you have to wonder if he was suffering from an illness or injury midseason.

I like how they are framing this the GOAT vs the kid.  Because a young goat is a kid, you know.

8 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Brady isn't even good.  Rodgers with a bunch of 6th rounders put up like 360 yards.  Mahomes and company looked unstoppable tonight.

TB needs a bunch to go right in order to win.  

Silly 

57 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

tom brady at one point in 2020 was on an 0 for 19 streak on deep balls and looked absolutely cooked.  he completely turned that around.  looking back you have to wonder if he was suffering from an illness or injury midseason.

They were still getting to know each other. Getting timing down. And now every thing is peaking at the perfect time. I think Patrick is about to learn how hard it is to repeat. Didn't he say they were going to win 10 Super Bowls or something crazy? Ask Aaron Rogers how hard it is to get back. Or Drew Brees. 

2 minutes ago, The Elevator Killer said:

They were still getting to know each other. Getting timing down. And now every thing is peaking at the perfect time. I think Patrick is about to learn how hard it is to repeat. Didn't he say they were going to win 10 Super Bowls or something crazy? Ask Aaron Rogers how hard it is to get back. Or Drew Brees. 

Umm, he did get back.  The dude has been the starter three years, with three AFC Championship appearances, and two Super Bowl appearances.  He's pretty good.

This should be a great game.  Chiefs should be able to get pressure on Brady, like they did in the first game and like Green Bay did yesterday, which will force some mistakes.  Never count out Tom Brady, and the Chiefs will have their hands full with this repeat for sure.  But if you are being objective here I think you have to believe that the Chiefs offense against the Tampa defense is positioned better than the Tampa offense against the Chiefs defense.

It's a game and either team can win, there's no question about that.  But like Pat said in the post-game interview yesterday, I'll take "our guys" against anybody any day.

1 minute ago, cmh6476 said:

Umm, he did get back.  The dude has been the starter three years, with three AFC Championship appearances, and two Super Bowl appearances.  He's pretty good.

This should be a great game.  Chiefs should be able to get pressure on Brady, like they did in the first game and like Green Bay did yesterday, which will force some mistakes.  Never count out Tom Brady, and the Chiefs will have their hands full with this repeat for sure.  But if you are being objective here I think you have to believe that the Chiefs offense against the Tampa defense is positioned better than the Tampa offense against the Chiefs defense.

It's a game and either team can win, there's no question about that.  But like Pat said in the post-game interview yesterday, I'll take "our guys" against anybody any day.

I was born in Tampa so no I will no be objective here. 

14 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

Bucs D is no joke.

I was already a bit concerned about that,now add the loss of KC's other starting tackle Fisher to the mix. :unsure:

Someone posted this on Facebook

Brady Vs Mahomes 
First 3 years as a starter

Brady
2001 2843 yds Td 18 int 12 qbr 85.9
2002 3764 yds Td 28 int 14 qbr 86.5
2003 3620 yds Td 23 int 12 qbr 85.7

Mahomes
2018 5087 yds td 50 int 12 qbr 113.8
2019 4031 yds td 26 int 5 qbr 105.3
2020 4740 yds td 38 int 5 qbr 108.2

17 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

Bucs D is no joke. Should be a great SB. CAN'T WAIT 

They get both their safeties back and Antonio

14 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Someone posted this on Facebook

Brady Vs Mahomes 
First 3 years as a starter

Brady
2001 2843 yds Td 18 int 12 qbr 85.9
2002 3764 yds Td 28 int 14 qbr 86.5
2003 3620 yds Td 23 int 12 qbr 85.7

Mahomes
2018 5087 yds td 50 int 12 qbr 113.8
2019 4031 yds td 26 int 5 qbr 105.3
2020 4740 yds td 38 int 5 qbr 108.2

Football is exactly the same now. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Football is exactly the same now. 

It's not that much different.  You're telling me those mahomes numbers don't look like Kurt Warner numbers from that era?

Just now, cmh6476 said:

It's not that mich different.  You're telling me those mahomes numbers don't look like Kurt Warner numbers from that era?

Kurt Warner stood out. Are Mahomes numbers so much better than Allen’s, Rodgers, Dak before he got hurt, and a few others? Who doesn’t throw for 4K yards now? It’s about making plays. 

7 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

woosh

I would like for Tom to win just because he's old and to prove that he didn't need the Patriots to win. 

I'd like Mahomes to win because I'm sick and tired of Tom winning everything.

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

It's not that much different.  You're telling me those mahomes numbers don't look like Kurt Warner numbers from that era?

Oh it's definitely different.

• The year Brady won his first Super Bowl (2001), only 2 QB's threw for 4k yards... 9 for 3500 yards.  This year 12 players threw for 4k yards and 18 threw for 3500.
  • In 2001, only 3 QB's threw 30 TD's, this year, there was 10.
  • In 2001, only 5 QB's had a 90+ passer rating, this year there was 23.
  • In 2001, only 2 QB's completed 65% of their passes... this year there was 23.
  • Of the top 10 rookie QB's, in terms of passing yards, 8 of them happened since 2011.
  • Of the top 10 rookie QB's, in terms of passing TD's, 8 of them happened since 2011.
  • Of the top 10 rookie QB's, in terms of passer rating, all 10 of them happened since 2008.
  • Of the top 10 rookie QB's, in terms of completion %, all 10 of them happened since 2008.

You can't possibly think the game is similar.  The rules changed in 2007 and 2008.  The stats above back that up.

• Like 2

On 11/27/2020 at 2:43 PM, IGotWorms said:

Yep.

This is why NE got rid of him. Not that it’s worked out super well in the short term, but they saw the writing on the wall.

He was 5-4 in his last nine games with the Pats and faded very badly down the stretch last year.

:lol:

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Kurt Warner stood out. Are Mahomes numbers so much better than Allen’s, Rodgers, Dak before he got hurt, and a few others? Who doesn’t throw for 4K yards now? It’s about making plays. 

Good as place as any,how is your one and done looking for SB?

Mine is Mahomes,Fournette,Helaire,Hill,A Brown,S Miller,Brate,Succop KC D still waffling on flex and thinking I may go off well off the path with maybe Tyler Johnson/Byron Pringle since I'm only 17.2 out of the money placement and it seems like every SB there's always a WTH player score.

8 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Mine is Mahomes,Fournette,Helaire,Hill,A Brown,S Miller,Brate,Succop KC D still waffling on flex and thinking I may go off well off the path with maybe Tyler Johnson/Byron Pringle since I'm only 17.2 out of the money placement and it seems like every SB there's always a WTH player score.

Still in it, 4th place, 12 points out. Spent all the big time players, have Brady and A Brown, both Chiefs Rb’s and all the chief wr’s but Hill. I like Pringle as a dark horse too. Lucked out with a least minute swap of Hardman for MVS. Your team is looking real good. No one has that much talent left in mine. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, nzoner said:

Demarcus Robinson

On 1/25/2021 at 11:28 PM, cmh6476 said:

Demarcus Robinson

Oh I thought of him but in these one and done contests I think he'll be heavily used.As I said earlier I'm 17.2 points out of the money so I need to zig while the others zag.

Well if that was it, it didn't live up to the hype.  And at this point it's hard to believe that Mahomes will be able to unseat Brady as the GOAT even if he does end up having a remarkable career.

Something didn't feel right about Mahomes, and as much as it looked like the O-Line completely faltered and didn't allow Mahomes any time to do anything, I wonder if the pressure of knowing how much was at stake on the outlook of his career could rely on this one single game.

It still feels different than losing pre-Mahomes in the playoffs, because you just never knew if it were ever going to happen and feeling like you've been let down year after year.  But at the same time I can see how Patriots felt year after year, because even if you did lose you knew the very next year you were going to have a shot to win it all the very next year.

20 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Well if that was it, it didn't live up to the hype.  And at this point it's hard to believe that Mahomes will be able to unseat Brady as the GOAT even if he does end up having a remarkable career.

Something didn't feel right about Mahomes, and as much as it looked like the O-Line completely faltered and didn't allow Mahomes any time to do anything, I wonder if the pressure of knowing how much was at stake on the outlook of his career could rely on this one single game.

It still feels different than losing pre-Mahomes in the playoffs, because you just never knew if it were ever going to happen and feeling like you've been let down year after year.  But at the same time I can see how Patriots felt year after year, because even if you did lose you knew the very next year you were going to have a shot to win it all the very next year.

No QB has ever won an NFL game while running for his life the whole game. Mahomey impressed the shite out of me yesterday. Some of those throws, while running for his life. Incredible. never seen a team/coaching staff ever let their QB down more.

1 minute ago, edjr said:

No QB has ever won an NFL game while running for his life the whole game. Mahomey impressed the shite out of me yesterday. Some of those throws, while running for his life. Incredible. never seen a team/coaching staff ever let their QB down more.

He put balls right where they had to be from every angle possible, and no one could make a play on the other end. 

2 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

He put balls right where they had to be from every angle possible, and no one could make a play on the other end. 

and I don't know how. No one else in the NFL could do that. Not even midget russell wilson. amazing.  Kelce KILLED them with that 1st drop he had.  KC was 1 for 9 on 3rd down. Brutal. Almost as Brutal as that time out before the half ended on 3rd and 2????????????????????????????? What was that. Fat Man chokes again.

Maholmes is underpaid

7 minutes ago, edjr said:

and I don't know how. No one else in the NFL could do that. Not even midget russell wilson. amazing.  Kelce KILLED them with that 1st drop he had.  KC was 1 for 9 on 3rd down. Brutal. Almost as Brutal as that time out before the half ended on 3rd and 2????????????????????????????? What was that. Fat Man chokes again.

Maholmes is underpaid

He's getting paid half a billion dollars by the Chiefs.

3 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

He's getting paid half a billion dollars by the Chiefs.

No he's not, you're not that focking stoopid are you? believe that NFL contract bullchit.  You know that will never happen. That will be restructured in a few years, if not sooner.

in 2023, he has 100 mil of dead cap.

18 minutes ago, edjr said:

I’ve seen it. 

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

And at this point it's hard to believe that Mahomes will be able to unseat Brady as the GOAT even if he does end up having a remarkable career.

Even before this game, anyone who thought there was more than a 1% chance of this was completely high. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, edjr said:

Maholmes is underpaid

I thought the same thing at the time.  That was after the goal line stand. If they keep TB's def on the field a little bit longer and score a TD after a 99 yard drive this game might have turned out different.