Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Week 12 Scoop and Play TE...Why Not?

Outside the "Big-3" (Kelce, Andrews, and Waller), the TE position has been a weekly dart-throw in FF. However, there might be a guy floating around out there who could not only surprise this week, but for ROS, as well. 

Will Dissly - Hawks

Often,  injury invites opportunity.....and this is the case with Dissly, who has been playing second fiddle all year to Greg Olsen, who the Seahawks brought in this year. IMHO, it wasn't a smart move by Seattle. I have always been a huge fan of Olsen. While in Carolina, he was an every-play and hard-nosed TE, and I happily drafted him several times over the years. However, he was washed.....and didn't do squat for Seattle this season, except to underperform while keeping Dissly on the bench. In fact, Olsen only earned 23 targets on 417 snaps. Several available free-agent TE's coulda been brought in for less money, including Ebron. Olsen, at 7 million dollars, cost twice as much as Witten and seven times as much as Eifert, but now that his season is over, it may well be time for Dissly to shine again. There was one advantage to having Olsen play the first 11 weeks of the season: It gave Dissly plenty of time to recover from his achilles tear from Oct. 13th of last season.

Admittedly, Mr. Dissly hasn't done jack squat this year, but will now step into the starting role. Last season, while healthy, Wilson looked his way often. In fact, in his 4 weeks before injury last season, here are his stats: 5/50/2, 7/62/1, 8/57/1, & 4/81/0. That's an eye-opener. Yes, Hollister is around to steal a few looks, but it was Dissly who had a 65% snap share last week in the Thursday game against Arizona....and Olsen didn't go down until the 4th quarter. Former Seahawk TE Luke Wilson is no longer an issue either, currently sitting on the Raven's practice squad.

So, if you are looking for a dart throw this week at TE (or ROS), one could likely do much worse than Dissly, who gets the Eagles and their 5th-worse defense against opposing TE's, year-to-date....followed by NYG, NYJ, and @Skins. Feeling that? You Will.  Prediction: 4/58/1

I dunno, the Seahawks have utilized Jacob Hollister behind Olsen even more than Dissly lately (Dissly has 5 total targets in 4 November games; Hollister has 13).  I'm not really recommending Hollister, but I'd pump the brakes on Dissly getting enough work to crack a fantasy lineup; it's still likely to be a heavily committeed position in Seattle.

24 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I dunno, the Seahawks have utilized Jacob Hollister behind Olsen even more than Dissly lately (Dissly has 5 total targets in 4 November games; Hollister has 13).  I'm not really recommending Hollister, but I'd pump the brakes on Dissly getting enough work to crack a fantasy lineup; it's still likely to be a heavily committeed position in Seattle.

That trend may not last though...after Olsen got hurt dissly played 43 of 66 plays, hollister played 13.

Ol boy this is tough, not much to pick from, I’ll take C Brate 8 non ppr ff.  

I'd say it's risky, but Engram is only getting me 30 yards on any given week...

Yeah, took a shot with Engram this week. No td but good yardage.

• Like 1

Nevermind.....Metcalf is much too greedy.

I'm holding, though.

On 11/26/2020 at 11:55 AM, AxeElf said:

Hollister - 2 catches on 5 targets for 11 yards; Dissly - 0 on 0 for 0.

Like I said, neither one is worth having right now, though I'd say Hollister left the door open, if Dissly wants to make a move.