Utilit99

Thanksgiving day football

When did they stop talking about football at the half? Haven't watched that much football on Thanksgiving at least for a little while, but the whole half time was about police and black people, a bunch of praising the players for donating shlt and "making a difference" in this country along with fake praise for the military, and the obligatory dumb commercials. No discussion around the game or the standings or anything football related.  

And of course they couldn't take the cameras off of Stafford, and I think it was Watson, kneeling during the anthem. Boring and they are overdoing it.

I wasn't watching during halftime but was disappointed to learn that Detroit broke its streak of infinitely horrible Thanksgiving Day Halftime shows.  

Duke Johnson best, most heads up play ever. Gets reemed out by coach. 😴

Romo and Nantz thought it was a called play. Lol

buy bye pencil

WTF.  I just turned the pregame on and there's some Injun talking about wounded knee.  Fock, I thought the NFL learned their lesson. 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

WTF.  I just turned the pregame on and there's some Injun talking about wounded knee.  Fock, I thought the NFL learned their lesson. 

They regressed big time today. 

30k plus at Dallas.  While people in other states told they cant go see their family on Thanksgiving.

Cant make this stuff up.  

Mike McCarthy is the worst.   Im sure by now the doubters can now realize how horrible he is.  How he got the Cowboys job is beyond me. Must have been desperate.

Zeke has been my keeper since I grabbed him in his rookie year.  Time to move on. 

McCarthy keeps on giving Pollard carries.  Zeke says "feed me" and McCarthy says "eat my d1ck". 

6 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Mike McCarthy is the worst.   Im sure by now the doubters can now realize how horrible he is.  How he got the Cowboys job is beyond me. Must have been desperate.

So bad, Jesus... Just absolutely brutal.

Wow, that was brutal

I blame Zeke

1 hour ago, dain11279 said:

Fire Mike McCarthy into the focking sun 

Jerry is 2 thousand years old. He won't see his team get to the SB again. Sad 

3 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Yep, I wanted him out of GB for years.  His coaching mentality is this - We're going to work towards perfectly executing our plays.  There's zero strategizing based on opponents, individual matchups, or how a game is going.  Zero halftime adjustments.  And if the plays simply don't work, too bad.

The Packers had winning season in spite of McCarthy...Give McCarthy a team without an elite QB and you see the real "head coach."

16 hours ago, edjr said:

Duke Johnson best, most heads up play ever. Gets reemed out by coach. 😴

Romo and Nantz thought it was a called play. Lol

buy bye pencil

did anyone else notice this?

I assume the NFL would continue with the social justice posturing, and likely elevate it a bit, so I did not watch a single second of it...

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I assume the NFL would continue with the social justice posturing, and likely elevate it a bit, so I did not watch a single second of it...

Good choice by you. It was dreadful. I got my hopes up and I was shot down.

In a game where WASH ran for 182 yards, at 5.8 ypc, our star (newly extended) $64m LB had all of 5 tackles - a whole whopping 1 of those a solo tackle.......... Our star (newly extended) $90m RB went for 32 yards on 10 carries - with ANOTHER fumble to boot..........Meanwhile WASH's 3rd rd. RB, making all of $900,000 this year - went for 115 yards, 3 tds, on 20 carries. Yes Dallas was banged up a bit up front, but this wasn't the 2nd coming of the Hogs up front either - this WASH line has been consistently ranked around the 25th, 28th best offensive line this year.

McCarthy may indeed suck - but he's way down the list of reasons this team is a focking joke. The problem here is systemic, the problem here is the same as it has been for 25 years - the problem here is Jerry Jones...  He sucks as a talent evaluator, he's too emotionally attached to players, his overall philosophy on team building is flawed - he's focking clueless.

Firing McCarthy isn't fixing that.. and to be honest, I don't want to win anymore games this year - let him coach us to losses. 

Time to tear it down.  Clearly just not enough quality depth at any position other than WR, QB, and maybe RB.   Dalton is fine as a backup, and could keep things going if he had to win a few games. Pollard is serviceable.  But the defense is atrocious and the O-Line is about as stout as a Coors Light.  

35 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

In a game where WASH ran for 182 yards, at 5.8 ypc, our star (newly extended) $64m LB had all of 5 tackles - a whole whopping 1 of those a solo tackle.......... Our star (newly extended) $90m RB went for 32 yards on 10 carries - with ANOTHER fumble to boot..........Meanwhile WASH's 3rd rd. RB, making all of $900,000 this year - went for 115 yards, 3 tds, on 20 carries. Yes Dallas was banged up a bit up front, but this wasn't the 2nd coming of the Hogs up front either - this WASH line has been consistently ranked around the 25th, 28th best offensive line this year.

McCarthy may indeed suck - but he's way down the list of reasons this team is a focking joke. The problem here is systemic, the problem here is the same as it has been for 25 years - the problem here is Jerry Jones...  He sucks as a talent evaluator, he's too emotionally attached to players, his overall philosophy on team building is flawed - he's focking clueless.

Firing McCarthy isn't fixing that.. and to be honest, I don't want to win anymore games this year - let him coach us to losses. 

Ehh Im with you that Jerrah Jones is the ongoing problem.  He was dumb enough to bring MM on as coach.  Jerrah makes dumb decisions.  

Mccarthy is a bad coach.  Jerrah is a bad GM.  

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Ehh Im with you that Jerrah Jones is the ongoing problem.  He was dumb enough to bring MM on as coach.  Jerrah makes dumb decisions.  

Firing McCarthy doesn't fix anything. 

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Plus he looks like a turtle!

5 hours ago, RLLD said:

Same for me. Same for the NBA. Although I never liked basketball anyway, so that'll be very easy for me.

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

Firing McCarthy doesn't fix anything. 

If he's a bad coach he should be fired.  The only question is whether his replacement is any better.  Given Jerry's incompetence, that's not likely.  But just because Jerry is incompetent doesn't mean you don't get rid of a horrible head coach. 

2 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Time to tear it down. 

Jerry has (once again) put this team in a bad spot. Bcoz of his talent mis-evaluating, bcoz of some of the outrageous contracts he's extended, bcoz of his bungling of the Cap - he's all but made starting over a non-option. 

$105m to Tank Lawrence, $100m to Coop, $90m to Zeke, $90m to Tyron, $90m to Zack, $64m to Jaylon, and a running Tag designation to Dak upwards of $35m a year.....this team is focked, paralyzed by huge Dead Money consequences.

Best case scenario, what I would do: pay Dak, work out a deal and sign him. We screwed up by beating Minny and can forget about Trevor or Fields..... Move down in the draft, pick up as many extra picks as we can.....Go heavy defense in the draft, followed by offensive lineman..... Cut Zeke after 2021..... Look to try and deal Amari, Jaylon and Tank.....Look to cut Tyron soon, maybe get him to retire - or hope he heals up back to normal. 

3 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Yes Dallas was banged up a bit up front, but

ya think??? 🤣

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

If he's a bad coach he should be fired.  The only question is whether his replacement is any better.  Given Jerry's incompetence, that's not likely.  But just because Jerry is incompetent doesn't mean you don't get rid of a horrible head coach. 

You also don't get rid of a coach after 1 year. Especially given the hand he's been dealt this year... I'm on board replacing Kellen Moore though.

1 minute ago, Cruzer said:

Jerry has (once again) put this team in a bad spot. Bcoz of his talent mis-evaluating, bcoz of some of the outrageous contracts he's extended, bcoz of his bungling of the Cap - he's all but made starting over a non-option. 

$105m to Tank Lawrence, $100m to Coop, $90m to Zeke, $90m to Tyron, $90m to Zack, $64m to Jaylon, and a running Tag designation to Dak upwards of $35m a year.....this team is focked, paralyzed by huge Dead Money consequences.

Best case scenario, what I would do: pay Dak, work out a deal and sign him. We screwed up by beating Minny and can forget about Trevor or Fields..... Move down in the draft, pick up as many extra picks as we can.....Go heavy defense in the draft, followed by offensive lineman..... Cut Zeke after 2021..... Look to try and deal Amari, Jaylon and Tank.....Look to cut Tyron soon, maybe get him to retire - or hope he heals up back to normal. 

yeah Jerry's player / contract decisions are what's killing this team :thumbsup:

20 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

You also don't get rid of a coach after 1 year. Especially given the hand he's been dealt this year... I'm on board replacing Kellen Moore though.

I would get rid of any coach that allowed that crap fake punt play to be called yesterday.  I don't care how long he's been there.

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

I would get rid of any coach that allowed that crap fake punt play to be called yesterday.  I don't care how long he's been there.

I'll take the fake punt over that pass on 4th and 1.  :lol: 

19 minutes ago, Strike said:

Meh, the game was shiit, he's battling an uphill war with crap talent across the board.. He also has a SB ring and a slew of post season experience. 

I highly doubt he'd allow that in a meaningful season.