Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Washington at Dallas: Turkey game Discussion

Inactives later...

Cowboys: CB Anthony Brown (ribs), DE Bradlee Anae, DL Ron'Dell Carter, S Reggie Robinson, OT Greg Senat, WR Malik Turner, QB Ben DiNucci

Football Team: S Deshazor Everett, WR Robert Foster, WR Jeff Badet, DE Ryan Anderson, OT Cornelius Lucas, LB Jared Norris

I have Amari Cooper going. The Washington defensive backfield is pretty damn good, so I suppose it depends on how well Andy Dalton plays.

Hoping for between 60/80 yards. If he could get that & add a TD, I'd be elated. 

28 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

I have Amari Cooper going. The Washington defensive backfield is pretty damn good, so I suppose it depends on how well Andy Dalton plays.

Hoping for between 60/80 yards. If he could get that & add a TD, I'd be elated. 

You may need to give him a first quarter FU to achieve that.....

22 minutes ago, Showboat said:

You may need to give him a first quarter FU to achieve that.....

I'm considering it :)

Interesting defense by washington.  They're bringing up safety Kamren Curl in the box every play.  He's basically playing linebacker.

Jaylon Smith on the bench in favor of Sean Lee.  That's probably a net positive for Dallas D.

1 hour ago, LoOnAtIk said:

I’m happy for Alex Smith for making it back from almost losing his leg.

But he sucks so bad.

So bad why would anyone pay this guy to QB? I’d rather run a wildcat or a triple option offense.

2 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

He just dropped an easy TD.

Saw that.

He was just a flex for me....but looks like it's gonna be one of those weeks

3 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Antonio Gibson is really good. Enough excuses. This kid can ball.

I don't think there's an RB in the league that woulda screwed up that last TD run he had.

He gets Pitt next week, then SF.  That should bring him back down to earth after this easy run of defenses he's been up against lately.

11 minutes ago, BufordT said:

I don't think there's an RB in the league that woulda screwed up that last TD run he had.

He gets Pitt next week, then SF.  That should bring him back down to earth after this easy run of defenses he's been up against lately.

He’s showing excellent vision and burst. He’s been the best rookie RB so far hasn’t he?

Another TD gives him the hat trick and what is that 11 on the season?

3 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

He’s showing excellent vision and burst. He’s been the best rookie RB so far hasn’t he?

Another TD gives him the hat trick and what is that 11 on the season?

Let's wait until the end of the season before we pencil him in the HOF.

He's got two 100 yd rushing games this year.  Both against Dallas.  1/3 of his TD's against Dallas.  Dallas is broken defensively.

He's averaging exactly 4ypc against the rest of the league.  He's shown a good nose for the endzone. I'll give him that. 

We'll see what he does with the remainder of his schedule.

PS. I'm a bit agitated because I'm against him in 2 leagues where I need a win.  EFF him

2 minutes ago, BufordT said:

Let's wait until the end of the season before we pencil him in the HOF.

He's got two 100 yd rushing games this year.  Both against Dallas.  1/3 of his TD's against Dallas.  Dallas is broken defensively.

He's averaging exactly 4ypc against the rest of the league.  He's shown a good nose for the endzone. I'll give him that. 

We'll see what he does with the remainder of his schedule.

PS. I'm a bit agitated because I'm against him in 2 leagues where I need a win.  EFF him

Lol don’t mince my words. I’m not calling him Barry Sanders but he’s also more than just a gadget player. That was my biggest fear for someone who barely touched the ball in college. Did he ever get over 20 carries in any game in college? 

Just comparing him to the other rookie RBs he seems to be a leg up on all of them right now. The YPC can fluctuate but the TDs give him a massive floor.

As for his future I think he’ll improve once the offense improves. Alex Smith was nothing short of dreadful today.

2 hours ago, stonewall said:

Lamb?

9 yards in the first half?

Laughable...

Andy Dalton sure doesn't throw it to him much.

When Dak was in there he was a low end WR1

22 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Just comparing him to the other rookie RBs he seems to be a leg up on all of them right now. 

You are forgetting about the esteemed Mr Robinson...

35 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Andy Dalton sure doesn't throw it to him much.

When Dak was in there he was a low end WR1

Yep, it's funny I benched him today but at the same time he'll probably be one of my possible 2 keepers next year in one league

5 minutes ago, kutulu said:

Yep, it's funny I benched him today but at the same time he'll probably be one of my possible 2 keepers next year in one league

Oh he's definitely a keeper for me in my dynasty league

38 minutes ago, jrokh said:

You are forgetting about the esteemed Mr Robinson...

I did forget to be honest. I love James Robinson too. Ugh it’s a toss up. I swear some of these GMs have no idea wtf they’re doing when they draft these RBs in the 1st and 2nd round.

Washington seems to have done well drafting Gibson, and last year Mclaurin. As bad as they’ve been you can say they’re a QB away from being a decent team.

7 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

I swear some of these GMs have no idea wtf they’re doing when they draft these RBs in the 1st and 2nd round.

Many in the football intelligencia certainly share that sentiment, and RB's like Gibson and especially  Robinson, an undrafted free agent make their case hard to argue.

2 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Antonio Gibson is really good. Enough excuses. This kid can ball.

Congrats, and I mean it, he’s lived up to the hype you gave him during the summer. 

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

Congrats, and I mean it, he’s lived up to the hype you gave him during the summer. 

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. I was high on him as a sleeper before they released Peterson but after that I was insatiable. Sometimes you have to roll the dice. I’ve missed on plenty of “sleepers” as well, but for the most part I always prefer high risk high reward as opposed to playing it safe.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Many in the football intelligencia certainly share that sentiment, and RB's like Gibson and especially  Robinson, an undrafted free agent make their case hard to argue.

I still have high hopes for Saquon but to your point RBs like Gurley, Fournette, and to some degree this year even Zeke seem to look like JAGs. I’m honestly not sure if Zeke were to sit that if Pollard got the majority of touches that there would be any drop off in production. 

Another good example is in Denver. They have 2 RBs on their roster that we’re drafted high yet their best RB is the undrafted one. At least IMO, and it’s not even close.

Another takeaway from this game:

Idk if anyone has said it yet and I’ve certainly been hesitant to admit it.

Terry Mclaurin is a top 10 MAYBE top 5 WR in the NFL, fantasy and real life IMO. The kid shows up every week and he’s already a captain. The sky is the limit if they ever get him a QB.

Numbers don’t lie, he’s been spectacular since coming to the league and today was an excellent showcase.

7 catches for 92 yards with Alex Smith playing as bad as he was today is incredible. 

21 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Another good example is in Denver. They have 2 RBs on their roster that we're drafted high yet their best RB is the undrafted one. At least IMO, and it’s not even close.

I don't understand that one either ?

Lindsay does seem to be more explosive than Gordon. 

Maybe the coaches don't think Lindsay can handle a bigger workload because he's 5' 8" 190  Vs Gordon @  6' 1" 215 ?

9 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

Maybe the coaches don't think Lindsay can handle a bigger workload because he's 5' 8" 190  Vs Gordon @  6' 1" 215 ?

Lindsay has dealt with nagging injuries so that could be the case but Melvin Gordon simply put is not a good RB lol

At least IMO.

1 hour ago, easilyscan said:

That is the case. 

53 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

It's been a long time since I've seen a team collapse so quickly and badly as Dal after Jaylon Smith was run down after that pick. 

I'm shocked it took that long for it to happen 😆

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ehlana said:

That fake punt was hilarious.

Agree - down by four at that point and 4th and ten, it's the kind of desperation play you might make against an offense led by Mahomes, Rodgers or Brady in his prime.  Against Alex Smith?  Just punt it and let your defense make a play or least make Smith have to manage a long drive to beat you.  

Have Cooper going in 2 leagues. Not feeling great about next week against Baltimore, gets Cin, SF and Eagles in FF playoffs

8 hours ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Have Cooper going in 2 leagues. Not feeling great about next week against Baltimore, gets Cin, SF and Eagles in FF playoffs

Cooper is fine.

even with Dalton at QB hes still averaging 80 yards per game.  that's WR2 territory.   Maybe high end WR3 due to less TD's.

he had a poor outing with Di Nucci at QB which I dont blame him for.

you should be able to start him.  he wont lose games for you.

what he wont do is have the huge monster games like he did last year. (ie. his upside isnt the same)

bottom line, hes solid and dependable for 8-12 fantasy points. (more if he gets a TD)

thats not bad.  Just dont expect much more than that.