Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Entry level smoker

On 11/27/2020 at 10:16 PM, Cruzer said:

* Keep your auger line clean, your fire rod working. You can start a huge fire if you get pellet build up in the fire chamber. 

For some reason this made me really horny.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jetdoc said:

For some reason this made me really horny.

why do you have bigtuna as your avitar?

I was amused by his perfect neckbeard way back when...just kept it as my avatar since then.

15 hours ago, Jetdoc said:

I was amused by his perfect neckbeard way back when...just kept it as my avatar since then.

🤞

I'm sure all the smokers here are great dudes, but here's a tip from us guys who don't want to spend 6+ cooking - we also hate hearing you idiots talk to each other about your smokers and going on about "it's so much better, isn't it???"  Yeah, I guess it's a little better. Now shut up about it.

It's like listening to two health nuts talk about how far they jog every day... oh I'm sorry - "run."    :rolleyes:

Smokers and joggers can eat sh*t.  Sorry, it had to be said.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

I'm sure all the smokers here are great dudes, but here's a tip from us guys who don't want to spend 6+ cooking - we also hate hearing you idiots talk to each other about your smokers and going on about "it's so much better, isn't it???"  Yeah, I guess it's a little better. Now shut up about it.

It's like listening to two health nuts talk about how far they jog every day... oh I'm sorry - "run."    :rolleyes:

Here's an idea, don't read the posts about smokers if they bother you

It takes a special kind of a$$hole to come into a thread titled "Entry Level Smoker" and complain about people posting about smokers.

HTH

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

There are things/topics I don't care about, have no use for  - beer snobs, political bickering, UFC, WWE and NASCAR come to mind... But I don't jump into their threads telling them to eat shiit.... Nobody hijacked a thread here, all this smoker talk is contained to a dedicated thread - by those of us who do enjoy the labor of smoking cooks.

Why the hate? 

Your wife is doing a fine job for a beginner.  Practice makes perfect.

3 hours ago, Cruzer said:

There are things/topics I don't care about, have no use for  - beer snobs, political bickering, UFC, WWE and NASCAR come to mind... But I don't jump into their threads telling them to eat shiit.... Nobody hijacked a thread here, all this smoker talk is contained to a dedicated thread - by those of us who do enjoy the labor of smoking cooks.

Why the hate? 

Post whatever ya want.   My point was while sitting around eating with friends... keep the "smoker" talk to a min.  Just a helpful tip.  :)

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Post whatever ya want.   My point was while sitting around eating with friends... keep the "smoker" talk to a min.  Just a helpful tip.  :)

That's like going to a ballgame and keeping the "baseball" talk to a min..

Anyone attending a bbq at my house, or anywhere else for that matter, is prolly all about smoker talk - chat away.

Just a helpful tip. :)

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

Anyone attending a bbq at my house, or anywhere else for that matter, is prolly all about smoker talk - chat away

Cruzer and me at the bbq.

"Tastes better because I spent 6+ hours smoking, right?"  - I guess.

"I used misquote wood chips because it adds flavor.  It's great isn't it?"  - it's ok.

"Next time I'm gonna use different flavored wood chips."  - cool.

"Ya know I can smoke pork butts or just about any kind of meat too." - I gotta go.

7 hours ago, Meglamaniac said:

Here's an idea, don't read the posts about smokers if they bother you

It takes a special kind of a$$hole to come into a thread titled "Entry Level Smoker" and complain about people posting about smokers.

HTH

All you focks and your fantasy foosball chat....It needs to stop. Oh wait. This is a fantasy football website? Huh, go figure. 

2 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Cruzer and me at the bbq.

"Tastes better because I spent 6+ hours smoking, right?"  - I guess.

"I used misquote wood chips because it adds flavor.  It's great isn't it?"  - it's ok.

"Next time I'm gonna use different flavored wood chips."  - cool.

"Ya know I can smoke pork butts or just about any kind of meat too." - I gotta go.

Me: Hey everyone, Gobbs left.

Remaining bbq peeps: Finally!

:D

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Do you get those by printing off pages of the Geek Bored and throwing them into the fire?

On 11/28/2020 at 12:35 AM, Hawkeye21 said:

From what I’ve been reading, Rectec is superior to Traeger now. Heard good things about Grilla Grills too. 

I’ve seen the recheck and like their build quality. The attraction to the Traeger for me is the ironwood is built similar and much better than the Traeger pro models and I can buy one assembled . Rectrc is a wait for delivery and assemble myself deal

1 hour ago, Mr Fantasy said:

I’ve seen the recheck and like their build quality. The attraction to the Traeger for me is the ironwood is built similar and much better than the Traeger pro models and I can buy one assembled . Rectrc is a wait for delivery and assemble myself deal

Doesn’t look like I’ll be getting any grill any time soon. Just had to replace my water softener and got the bill for my daughter’s ER visit.