Sign in to follow this  
gitrdun

Confidence in Brian Hill?

Cautiously optimistic. Raiders can be run on. Flexing him in in 3 leagues. 

He's a big upgrade from limp-kneed Gurley-man, and has produced when given ample opportunity.

My only hesitancy is the fact that Itto and Ollison are lurking around. You may remember that Ollison was the goal-line man last year, before they acquired Gurley-man to fill that role this season....and he was pretty darn good at it too.

Part of the thinking on Hill needs to include your confidence in Julio to be active and not pull Julio-like things in the game like spending of bunch of time on the sidelines working out the kinks. When he's out, this Atlanta offense struggles... a lot. 

Hill was being used in the passing game already, I think he’s an excellent play, even could be a rb2.  

I think he’s a great flex start.  

Op good luck with this decision. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, weepaws said:

even could be a rb2

How about a RB1?

30 minutes ago, stonewall said:

How about a RB1?

Lol I don’t have that much confidence in him to be a rb1. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Hill was being used in the passing game already, I think he’s an excellent play, even could be a rb2.  

I think he’s a great flex start.  

Op good luck with this decision. 

He had 3 receptions once this year. Every other game 1 or 2. FYI. 

13 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It's true...Falcons just haven't been passing to RB's much this year, including Gurley-man. 

That being said, Hill is capable of being a receiving back....but most times, a tiger doesn't change it's stripes.

With Gurley declared out I'm pretty certain to be going against him this week, so you can pretty much count on 2 TD and 100+ rushing - wouldn't surprise me at all if he added 5-50 receiving on top of that.

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That’s true, but a lot of his playing time as been in the passing game, he and Gurley both have only 16 rec and a total of 44 targets, now I didn’t say he was recording a lot of ff points in the passing, but that’s where the falcons have been using him, now he should have more rushing att to go along with playing in the passing game. Biggest concern if I was starting him, short yardage work, meaning goal line duty

Thanks you. 

Picked him up but not playing him. Not sure the severity of Gurley, wonder if they shut him down given the lost season. 

I did that one time before and it didn't pay off.

Usually if a guy spends several years waiting to get his chance, it's because he's not very good

I think he has a chance to put up some decent numbers. He’s produced pretty well this year when given a chance. Gurley has been done for a couple years let’s see what a guy with fresh and working legs can do.

Ito Smith should’ve been mentioned. I don’t beat myself up over this stuff, there were RZ chances and there was a goal line opportunity at the end of the game and that’s all you can ask for. Hill  just failed to covert is all, Ito came in and got one of them. Options like Gore & Breida didn’t do much better.

20 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Ito Smith should’ve been mentioned. I don’t beat myself up over this stuff, there were RZ chances and there was a goal line opportunity at the end of the game and that’s all you can ask for. Hill  just failed to covert is all, Ito came in and got one of them. Options like Gore & Breida didn’t do much better.

I watched most of that game, and Hill mostly stunk. I think it's fair to say Gurley's struggles are due as much to the OL as him. Hill had very little room to make something happen, and he rarely did. I wouldn't start an Atlanta back against the Saints next week.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Didn’t see Ito coming; just shows what the ATL coaching staff thinks of Hill—not much

Gave the guy one more shot this week in a good matchup. He failed. He is now dead to me.

(So, he'll will probably go for 176/2 next week)