Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

All Broncos QB's OUT for Sunday - Practice Squad WR Kendall Hinton to start at QB

Just when you thought it couldn't get any crazier. Broncos may not have an avialable QB

https://www.9news.com/article/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/nfl-pulls-broncos-quarterbacks-lock-rypien-bortles-off-practice-field-because-of-covid-contact-concerns/73-e2f812fb-5d1e-4a50-8ca6-780f51df0c41

Maybe Elway can suit up! Some speculating that Royce Freeman would serve as an emergency QB:

It’s gonna be a wildcat / triple option offense lol

Whos starting Royce Freeman at RB if he’s named starting QB???

Just now, LoOnAtIk said:

Or flex.

1 minute ago, LoOnAtIk said:

I would rather stick with Hebert.  

2 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

Oh my soul.  

Mike did you the news about the Niners need to find a new home to play at least two homes games? 

5 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

I'll pass.....even in the flex position.

Can't run on the Saints, and we get -2 points for int's

2 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I would rather stick with Hebert.  

Your league let’s you line up Herbert at RB?

5 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Mike did you the news about the Niners need to find a new home to play at least two homes games? 

Yep. Seems like that can be it's own topic.

T Hill vs R Freeman, or T Hill vs K Hilton, this is what we saw coming based on this mandemic 

1 minute ago, stonewall said:

Looks like practice squad WR Kendall Hinton will be the man. Former Wake Forest QB. Grab him up, boys!

Should I bench Patrick Mahomes for him?

Watch him be better than Lock.

This is all the more funny because Driskel tested positive which made the others deemed high risk but how much you wanna bet Driskel is perfectly healthy and doesn’t have it?

Just picked Hinton up in 3 leagues. May flex tomorrow if they keep his WR status.....which is doubtful after the Taysum Hill fiasco at ESPN

6 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

LOL!

Don't know if even you can get the Hinton-Hype-Train going....

I watched it, though, and I'll say this: Whoever put the clip together only showed highlights of games against legit competition (Clemson, NC State, Florida State, etc). Not a whole lot of arm talent, but he is shifty as heck in space. 

Picked him up in one league, not really sure I can start him though. Jefferson, Crowder, Brown, James White & Drake. May stick him in over Crowder

Maybe they won't change his designation. This just added to his player card on NFL.com:

Option for Broncos at QB

Hinton is expected to play at quarterback for the Broncos in Sunday's game against the Saints, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

Analysis: Hilton currently resides on the Broncos' practice squad and is officially listed as a wide receiver. However, he played quarterback for Wake Forest for three seasons before transitioning to wideout in 2018. The Broncos are expected to be creative, meaning the rookie likely won't get all of the work at quarterback. Nevertheless, he's an intriguing fantasy option since he's listed as a WR but carries the floor of a QB. He'll need to be activated from the practice squad before Sunday's game.

5 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Yahoo lists him at WR...interesting flex play? May get wildcat 30 times from Gordon though 

I'm flexing him in 3 leagues unless they change his designation.

May bomb....but to me that is what the flex position is for....potential upside.

This kinda stuff makes FF fun again, win or lose.

9 minutes ago, stonewall said:

I'm flexing him in 3 leagues unless they change his designation.

May bomb....but to me that is what the flex position is for....potential upside.

This kinda stuff makes FF fun again, win or lose.

Yeah I'm debating. I'm favored to win, already have Gallman or Carson in flex...dont see Hinton doing better. He would have to throw a td at least 1.

I would keep Gallman and the return of Carson. 

NBC Denver's Mike Klis reports the Broncos may start RB Royce Freeman or practice squad WR Kendall Hinton at quarterback against the Saints after Drew Lock, Brett Rypien and Blake Bortles were forced to quarantine following Jeff Driskel's positive COVID-19 test. 

None of Lock, Rypien or Bortles are eligible to play, creating a farcical situation for Denver under center. Freeman could do some wildcat-ing, but Hinton was a quarterback at Wake Forest before injuries necessitated a switch to wideout. Either option will be purely disastrous vs. the NFC-leading Saints. The NFL needs to postpone this game, for the safety of the Broncos and the competitive integrity of the NFC playoff race. 

Nov 28, 2020, 6:41 PM ET

IMHO, the last sentence makes the most sense. 

FWIW, NFL.com still has Hinton listed as a WR, and have him projected with 13.66 points.

Yahoo also still has him listed as a WR, but has him listed as NA (Inactive), with zero points projected.

Check out latest ESPN's tweet still trying to justify Taysum Hill's TE designation last week:

6 minutes ago, Super Cubs said:

screw it I'm still starting Fant

One would think that Fant would be the safest of Denver's receiving options.

Hinton threw for 3,972 yards and 39 touchdowns as a junior......

(in high school)

Saints def is going to have an interesting game. 

This guy found some good footage of Hinton tossing the football during Broncos training camp.

I think Freeman will also take some snaps from center.