Sign in to follow this  
whatjusthappened

Cordarrelle Patterson Eligible at RB?

Does Cordarrelle Patterson have eligibility at either RB or WR in any league other than CBS?  

Even though the Bears officially have him listed as a WR, CBS is allowing him to be used as a RB. 

Thanks!

3 hours ago, pipeman said:

He's been listed as WR/RB on ESPN all year.

Same on Yahoo. NFL fantasy has him as a WR only. 

CBS, ESPN, and Yahoo all as RB/WR. Only NFL as just a WR. 

ALL season. Welcome to the season...in week 12.

Holy crap!  Guess I have better things to do with my time than monitor player eligibility on four different websites.  Especially somewhat irrelevant players.

One of our league owners was in a jamb - and had to scramble to find a RB.  Thought is was strange that Patterson was eligible as a RB - since he's always played WR - and so I looked for a little help from FFToday.  (Thanks pipeman!)

Nice to know that Law has that kind of free-time on his hands.  

😂

YOU are the one who asked about the "irrelevant" player, not me. As for knowledge about player eligibility on four different sites, that's called being an educated (and successful) fantasy player. Knowing the rules is key. Maybe you should invest more time in that. As for me, if I have 5 teams on 3 sites, I know the rules. 

And yes, THAT just happened!

9 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

he still sucks

True. Classic case of looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. Well, not exactly. He's had a career of some good returns, but with his size, speed, physical abilities, it was thought he'd be much more. It never happened. 

55 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

he still sucks

Not necessarily. I've never understood why return yards aren't rewarded points in all FF leagues ?

When I started my own league in 2006, I made sure it was set up to do so.

There aren't nearly as many kick-off returns since they moved it up to the 35 yard line, but it's still part of the game.

Here's how Cordarrelle has done in 2020 *Non PPR*

Week
Date
Opp
Status
Fan Pts
Att
Yds
TD
2PT
1 Sep 13 @Det Final W 27-23 14.10 4 19 0 0
2 Sep 20 NYG Final W 17-13 11.60 7 25 0 0
3 Sep 27 @Atl Final W 30-26 10.40 4 13 0 0
4 Oct 4 Ind Final L 11-19 7.00 3 5 0 0
5 Oct 8 TB Final W 20-19 16.40 3 7 0 0
6 Oct 18 @Car Final W 23-16 0.90 1 1 0 0
7 Oct 26 @LAR Final L 10-24 10.60 3 1 0 0
8 Nov 1 NO Final L 23-26 4.90 1 4 0 0
9 Nov 8 @Ten Final L 17-24 8.60 3 13 0 0
10 Nov 16 Min Final L 13-19 24.40 12 30 0 0
11 BYE - - - - - - -
12 Nov 29 @GB Final L 25-41 4.90 2 8 0 0
13 Dec 6 Det Sun 12:00 pm *11.64 - - - -

That's a LOT of points for returns. I have return yards in my league, but where rush and receive yards are 1 for 10, returns are 1 for 50. They still get points, but more as added value and not as an equivalent to an actual offensive position. 

44 minutes ago, Law said:

That's a LOT of points for returns. I have return yards in my league, but where rush and receive yards are 1 for 10, returns are 1 for 50. They still get points, but more as added value and not as an equivalent to an actual offensive position. 

I get it. Different leagues have different scoring settings. It also has to be an offensive player doing the return. I'm sure your league is the same.

Don't understand why a 20 yard punt return should be any less valuable than a 20 yard rush or reception ?

Both accomplished the goal of getting closer to the opponents end zone. 

Before they moved kickoffs up to the 35, there were some real weapons in that area. Devin Hester, Josh Cribbs, etc. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, easilyscan said:

I get it. Different leagues have different scoring settings. It also has to be an offensive player doing the return. I'm sure your league is the same.

Don't understand why a 20 yard punt return should be any less valuable than a 20 yard rush or reception ?

Both accomplished the goal of getting closer to the opponents end zone. 

Before they moved kickoffs up to the 35, there were some real weapons in that area. Devin Hester, Josh Cribbs, etc. 

Back in the day, my league was annoyed that some backup DB or 4th string WR could have huge return yardage and be a viable starter. It was decided we'd limit that somewhat so you don't have a Devin Hester-type situation.

1 hour ago, Law said:

Back in the day, my league was annoyed that some backup DB or 4th string WR could have huge return yardage and be a viable starter. It was decided we'd limit that somewhat so you don't have a Devin Hester-type situation.

Interesting.

Defensive players can't get fantasy points in my league, so that scenario about a backup DB getting points doesn't exist.

Yeah. In my league, we consider IDPs people too! 😀

But after losing to Koo this week, we may revisit those rotten Kickers!

2 hours ago, Law said:

Yeah. In my league, we consider IDPs people too!

IDP leagues are like regular leagues with five Kickers.