Sign in to follow this  
BLS

Merry Xmas Geeks.

2 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

This thread makes me sad ☹️

Dude just wished everyone happiness however you want to label it and this is what he gets in return.

2020 can't end soon enough!

It gets worse.  I'm not buying you a present this year either.  :nono:

2 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

This thread makes me sad ☹️

Dude just wished everyone happiness however you want to label it and this is what he gets in return.

2020 can't end soon enough!

2021 will not end this.  Neither will 2022.

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

Yes you have, and yes I have, but it's cool to deny it because you feel guilty accepting it.

Never heard that gays are going to hell. And no one is preordained to go to hell because of their sins. As a matter of fact, I can’t remember the last time hell was even mentioned. My last recollection of it was in first grade. Hollywood focused on hell a lot more than my Catholic schooling or attendance at church. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Never heard that gays are going to hell. And no one is preordained to go to hell because of their sins. As a matter of fact, I can’t remember the last time hell was even mentioned. My last recollection of it was in first grade. Hollywood focused on hell a lot more than my Catholic schooling or attendance at church. 

Pretty much this.

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

After this happened, we had a talk with the teacher, who confirmed that homosexuality is a sin and unless repented for, the homosexual will go to Hell.  We respectfully disagreed and stopped sending the kids to CCD.

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

After this happened, we had a talk with the teacher, who confirmed that homosexuality is a sin and unless repented for, the homosexual will go to Hell.  We respectfully disagreed and stopped sending the kids to CCD.

That's where you drew your line?  

The raping of little boys was mine.  

1 minute ago, NorthernVike said:

Mine started with the members of our church and then I was pretty much done after the covering up of rape.  Religion in general kind of baffles me but I see why it has a purpose and I do find the history of it interesting.

12 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

She was wrong and should be corrected. I would have and will push back on that if I hear it. It will become an issue.   But scrapping the whole religion based on an individual would be like scrapping law and order because of a couple of crooked cops. 

8 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Happy holidays and Merry Christmas

There you go! Perfect. 

17 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Legit. Cant argue that. I also get pissed  about the Pope and some bishops and Cardinals poking around in politics. Keep it to Jesus, thank you. I get they are going to be liberal about a lot of things and I disagree with it. I’m allowed to in this religion. One of the reasons I like it. It’s definitely not perfect, but the basics of it, the words and teachings of Jesus are solid and rational. The input of leadership and individuals in the religion may not be in my eyes. I get to disagree and still be a part of it. 

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

Go ask your wife

she remembered you. She said she could eat a sub and blow you at the same time

29 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

There you go! Perfect. 

I try to be inclusive. If I know what a person celebrates, I address it as such.  If I do not, it's Happy holidays.... I assume nothing.

39 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

The raping of little boys was bad, but I always wondered maybe they were asking for it.  Like did they dress provocatively or drink too much wine during communion...

24 minutes ago, edjr said:

she remembered you. She said she could eat a sub and blow you at the same time

True.  has a giant mouth.

33 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

She was wrong and should be corrected. I would have and will push back on that if I hear it. It will become an issue.   But scrapping the whole religion based on an individual would be like scrapping law and order because of a couple of crooked cops. 

Again, it was more than just that.  Never actually liked Catholocism, it was just what I was born into and taught.  Once I was old enough to make my own decisions, later pope.

We've found a nice Baptist church that we joined and are much happier now.

5 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

True.  has a giant mouth.

🤗

54 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

It gets worse.  I'm not buying you a present this year either.  :nono:

That's OK, I probably don't deserve one

58 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

2021 will not end this.  Neither will 2022.

I am thinking July 2021 things will slowly start to get back to normal

10 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Again, it was more than just that.  Never actually liked Catholocism, it was just what I was born into and taught.  Once I was old enough to make my own decisions, later pope.

We've found a nice Baptist church that we joined and are much happier now.

Nice. I’m not down with the Hell stuff and thankfully it hasn’t been an issue yet. That doesn’t mean some old bitty teaching the class won’t slip it in there. I’ll confront it if the time comes. And if she trots out some Old Testament fire and brimstone nonsense like liberals like to do as a gotcha! it will be met with a dose of reality. I reject that from both sides. 

6 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

oh snap.  Someone's getting triggered...

Oh my bad, meant to say Feliz año Nuevo too. 🎉