IGotWorms

Trump may preemptively pardon the cabal

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/01/us/politics/rudy-giuliani-pardon.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

President Trump has discussed with advisers whether to grant pre-emptive pardons to his children, to his son-in-law and to his personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani, and talked with Mr. Giuliani about pardoning him as recently as last week, according to two people briefed on the matter.

Mr. Trump has told others that he is concerned that a Biden Justice Department might seek retribution against the president by targeting the oldest three of his five children — Donald Trump Jr., Eric Trump and Ivanka Trump — as well as Ms. Trump’s husband, Jared Kushner, a White House senior adviser.

Donald Trump Jr. had been under investigation by Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel, for contacts that the younger Mr. Trump had had with Russians offering damaging information on Hillary Clinton during the 2016 campaign, but he was never charged. Mr. Kushner provided false information to federal authorities about his contacts with foreigners for his security clearance, but was given one anyway by the president.

The nature of Mr. Trump’s concern about any potential criminal exposure of Eric Trump or Ivanka Trump is unclear, although an investigation by the Manhattan district attorney into the Trump Organization has expanded to include tax write-offs on millions of dollars in consulting fees by the company, some of which appear to have gone to Ms. Trump.

Presidential pardons, however, do not provide protection against state or local crimes.

Mr. Giuliani’s potential criminal exposure is also unclear, although he was under investigation as recently as this summer by federal prosecutors in Manhattan for his business dealings in Ukraine and his role in ousting the American ambassador there. The plot was at the heart of the impeachment of Mr. Trump.

Poor angry little worms. His beloved party of no ideas may not get to do their only campaign promise. The fact that worms is spitting blood about it is exactly why Trump should do it. 

39 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Hell that's nothing. Apparently Trump's White House is trying to make a profit by selling pardons.

Haven't heard that, where did you hear it? 

7 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Haven't heard that, where did you hear it? 

There is a story about an investigation in to people trying to buy a pardon with a huge political contribution, but Trump has not been implicated.   But, you know, OMB so Wiff has to make that assertion.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

There is a story about an investigation in to people trying to buy a pardon with a huge political contribution, but Trump has not been implicated.   But, you know, OMB so Wiff has to make that assertion.

The only truth we know is that if the left is asserting something, they have either already done it or are planning to.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Hell that's nothing. Apparently Trump's White House is trying to make a profit by selling pardons.

Huge if true

He should.  He should pardon himself also.  Watching liberals heads explode would be fun.  :banana:

18 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

:lol:

You don’t think it’d be a serious criminal issue? The absolute height of bribery. If true.

6 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

He should.  He should pardon himself also.  Watching liberals heads explode would be fun.  :banana:

I hope he does. We all know he’s a criminal. They won’t charge him because it looks bad and sets a terrible precedent. And they shouldn’t charge him. So I’d love it if he goes ahead and admits he’s guilty along with the rest of the cabal :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

You don’t think it’d be a serious criminal issue? The absolute height of bribery. If true.

It's probably as true as Russian Collusion,  the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, and a Democrat with common sense.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

It's probably as true as Russian Collusion,  the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, and a Democrat with common sense.

Okay so you agree with the caveat that it be true?

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Okay so you agree with the caveat that it be true?

As much as I do about the conditions I said above.  Since there's a 0.0% chance of those others being true....

9 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I hope he does. We all know he’s a criminal. They won’t charge him because it looks bad and sets a terrible precedent. And they shouldn’t charge him. So I’d love it if he goes ahead and admits he’s guilty along with the rest of the cabal :thumbsup:

A pardon is an admission of guilt?  God I can't believe you try to tell us you're a lawyer.  If so, you're the worst lawyer in the history of lawyering, which is saying a lot.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

As much as I do about the conditions I said above.  Since there's a 0.0% chance of those others being true....

Great. So like the Ukraine thing when it turned out Trump did do it and you all agreed that then he had to be impeached.

Oh wait no, you all pivoted and tried to claim treason wasn’t that big of a deal after all.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Strike said:

A pardon is an admission of guilt?  God I can't believe you try to tell us you're a lawyer.  If so, you're the worst lawyer in the history of lawyering, which is saying a lot.

Legally, no. Practically, very much so.

HTH sparky :)

4 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Great. So like the Ukraine thing when it turned out Trump did do it and you all agreed that then he had to be impeached.

Oh wait no, you all pivoted and tried to claim treason wasn’t that big of a deal after all.

He only did it in the eyes of Democrats.  I mean, Biden literally did what Trump was accused of doing, and it was on camera... so the Dems don't really care either apparently.  Look, if you want Trump in jail, fine with me... I'll back you up, but Biden better be in the cell right next to him and Obama.

Just now, IGotWorms said:

Uh, neither legally or practically.  Any competent lawyer would understand that.  But, you keep doing you.

6 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Treason. You still don’t know what that word means. Did Chris Cuomo or Lemon put that in your head? Tin foil. 

27 minutes ago, Strike said:

4 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I thought that pardons existed to give the President the ability to release people from prison who were unjustly found guilty.  No?

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I thought that pardons existed to give the President the ability to release people from prison who were unjustly found guilty.  No?

That’s commutation. Pardon is for the actual crime. 

I was thinking "cabal" meant Comey/Sztrok/Brennan and the others.......and why the hell would he pardon that group? 🤣

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

No doubt.  If they caught Trump mowing down a bunch of penguins with an Uzi, that would also be a criminal issue. If true.  

1 minute ago, drobeski said:

Wow, worms really is an alternate universe fruitcake. 

Sometimes these psychos let you have a look inside... Unstable and bat shlt crazy, much like a scorned woman.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I was thinking "cabal" meant Comey/Sztrok/Brennan and the others.......and why the hell would he pardon that group? 🤣

Yep 

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

McCabe is right there with the big boys and above Strzok.  

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

I'm curious what he's going to do about Snowden.

Sweden is a mess. Bombings and killings way up. Just like DT said.  

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Sweden is a mess. Bombings and killings way up. Just like DT said.  

They're doing pretty good with covid though. 

2 minutes ago, drobeski said:

They're doing pretty good with covid though. 

True. That’s what Trump wants to do but TDS is more relevant than science.  

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Uh, neither legally or practically.  Any competent lawyer would understand that.  But, you keep doing you.

So to pardon yourself when you haven’t even been accused of a crime yet is NOT a sign that you might’ve done something wrong?

Okay :lol:

Looks like the Dems are projecting, yet again:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sns-clinton-pardons-analysis-story.html

For those too lazy to read, Bill Clinton took millions from the wife of fugitive Marc Rich and pardoned him on his last day in office. 

Trigger warning: the article is from the good ol days when media actually reported facts instead of anonymous sources and opinions.

2 hours ago, lickin_starfish said:

Looks like Worms is a conspiracy theorist.

Did you miss the "if true"s? :lol: