Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Week 13 Scoop and Play WR

Week 12 reminded us all, once again, that the only thing predictable about fantasy football is its unpredictability....which, I suppose, is what makes this pursuit of ours so simultaneously exhilarating and frustrating. Here are a few considerations at WR for week 13 for those is a pinch. Bear in mind, these aren't necessarily "start em" recommendations, but simply guys that are generally available in most leagues, that offer some potential upside for those in a pinch. As always, please feel free to add your own.

Denzil Mims - Jets

Mims is our second WR this year to find himself leading off the scoop-and-play column in back-to-back weeks. He came through with a decent showing last week, with 4 catches on 8 targets (tied for team lead in targets) for 67 yards....averaging almost 17 yards/catch. He now has 60+ yards in 3 consecutive weeks. His boom-or-bust routes are one of the things that make him an intriguing option. In a historic class of freshman WR's, he is holding his own, showing strong hands and high-point abilities. Surprisingly, he is still widely unowned in most leagues, currently only 7% rostered in Yahoo, and less than that in NFL.com leagues. He gets a favorable draw again this week at home againsst the Raiders and their vulnerable fantasy secondary, and is overdue is first NFL TD. Mims still the word. Prediction: 5/74/1

Dez Bryant - Ravens

The perennial WR stud of fantasy seasons gone by moves up from the "deeper-dive" portion of the column last week. This is being posted before the week 12 Wednesday game with the Steelers, so unsure how much, if any, action he will get in that one.....but, regardless, don't you know that he has been chomping at the bits for 3 long years to have a shot at the Dallas Cowboys? Well, assuming that he is active, he gets that opportunity on next Tuesday night. Yes, one must assume that he has had the date marked on his calendar, and his motivation to grab the limelight in primetime one more time must be sky-high . Whatever he has left in the tank will, no doubt, be left on the field against his former team, which just so happens to be a league-sieve against opposing WR's. He is still less than 10% owned in most leagues that I checked, as well. Look for him to make the infamous "X" in the endzone one more time in honor of Jerry Jones. Prediction: 4/61/1

Deep Dive: Isaiah Coulter - Texans

Who? Well, hopefully you were able to grab Keke Coutee last week, after his appearance in this column, but now there's a "New Cou" in town that merits our consideration. Yes, with Fuller suspended, Cobb on IR, and Stills let go.....let me introduce you to Isaiah Coulter, who likely will get his first chance to shine in the NFL, after missing the first half of the season with a neck injury. The 6' 3" rookie WR outta Rhode Island reportedly had a very strong camp, and has an impressive size/speed combo (4.45 - 40), and was drafted in the 5th round after putting up a 72/1039/8 receiving line in his Senior year. We all know that Watson is having a strong year, so with the injuries mounting, look for him to take some arrow-shots down the sidelines to Coulter, who is unowned in all but the deepest of leagues. Prediction: 3/58/1

Deeper Dive Dart Throw: Jake Kumerow - Bills

Activated from the Bills practice squad today, the former Packer pre-season darling and TD-machine, Jake Kumerow,  will now potentially get a shot after the injury to Smoke Brown. Yes, he still has Stefon Diggs, Cole Beasley, and Gabriel Davis to contend with, but that is exactly why he is a "dart throw" candidate....unknown and unowned, but possessing some talent, and now with another potential opportunity on a pretty good offense. It only takes one long bomb on Monday night, after all. Prediction: 2/41/1

If Irv Smith sits again, Kyle Rudolph at TE.

And Gabriel Davis worth a look although SF D gets a boost with Sherman back. Boom bust IMO.

Maybe Jalen Guyton vs the Patriots. You’d think the Hoodie will game plan to shut down Allen and Ekeler. I expect Herbert will get the okay to take some shots downfield, especially after last week.

5 hours ago, RedzoneMonster said:

Corey Davis if he's avail.

Yep....just checked and he's 55% rostered in yahoo (or 45% unrostered, if you want to look at the glass half full)

3 hours ago, SexyRexy said:

Nelson Agholor

43% owned, and a DNP yesterday with an ankle injury.

2 hours ago, gitrdun said:

Pittman??????

great matchup against the Texans.....but already 58% rostered in Yahoo (and I'm surprised it isn't more)

D Mooney 5/55/1. 11 ff points non Ppr

Change alert. 

Mooney was dnp on Friday. 

Im picking J Grant for the Dolphins.  4/47/1 = 10 non ppr points. 

That is all. 

23 minutes ago, stonewall said:

43% owned, and a DNP yesterday with an ankle injury.

great matchup against the Texans.....but already 58% rostered in Yahoo (and I'm surprised it isn't more)

I’d say less than half owned is scoop territory. Assuming he plays of course.

3 minutes ago, SexyRexy said:

I’d say less than half owned is scoop territory. Assuming he plays of course.

No, that's cool. I usually set the bar at <20% on mine....and most are <10%

You have to wonder about those leagues where someone like Robert Woods (97% owned on Yahoo) isn't owned.

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

You have to wonder about those leagues where someone like Robert Woods (97% owned on Yahoo) isn't owned.

No you don’t. Its the internet. 

4 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Probably smaller leagues 8-10 teams

5 minutes ago, SexyRexy said:

Obviously, but Robert Woods is the #13 WR.  Even a team in a four-man league with two starting WRs is likely to have one or two WRs on the bench; how are the top 16 or 20 WRs not owned in ANY league?  Two team league that starts one WR?  In an 8-team league, Woods would be a set and forget starter.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Obviously, but Robert Woods is the #13 WR.  Even a team in a four-man league with two starting WRs is likely to have one or two WRs on the bench; how are the top 16 or 20 WRs not owned in ANY league?  Two team league that starts one WR?  In an 8-team league, Woods would be a set and forget starter.

I generally find leagues smaller than 12 teams to be noob land anyway so yeah 

On 12/3/2020 at 4:58 PM, SexyRexy said:

Thats exacly what i was thiinking.   prob an 8 teamer with small roster size  (start only 1 or 2 WR)

On 12/4/2020 at 1:46 PM, Byrdman5 said:

TY Hilton, he always has 1 monster game against the Texans every year.

46% owned on ESPN.

Congrats.