Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

Akers taking over?

Not very high, those three Rbs have only had four games where one of them have reached that goal. 

Nine rush att seems to be the magic number for Akers, those three games when he’s reached exactly nine rush attempts, he’s posted his best ff points.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe they're finally passing the torch ?

There was another really long thread devoted to the same question recently. 

It’s about time. He’s simply too talented to waste away on the bench. His YPC weren’t great today but that has something to do with being stuffed at the goal line a few times. I think he could’ve scored on that same run that Henderson scored had he been on the field. That hole was huge.  

Going forward it looks like it’s finally his job to lose. I’d still be hesitant to start with confidence just because of Mcvay and his tendency to abandon the run.

Wow great game.  

A true gasher.

• Like 1

And he’s the only rb on the Rams as I’m posting this with a rec and rush att. 

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

And he’s the only rb on the Rams as I’m posting this with a rec and rush att. 

He's all up in that New England gash.

Why do I get the feeling that McVey is going to play games with him in the second half? Why is Malcolm Brown in on passing downs? This was my fear with this kid. It sucks having the obvious best RB of the three and he’s not a bell cow at this point.  

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why do I get the feeling that McVey is going to play games with him in the second half? Why is Malcolm Brown in on passing downs? This was my fear with this kid. It sucks having the obvious best RB of the three and he’s not a bell cow at this point.  

I think Malcolm Brown is probably considered the best blocker so he gets the two minute drills.  I noticed they did that last game as well.

1 minute ago, nobody said:

I think Malcolm Brown is probably considered the best blocker so he gets the two minute drills.  I noticed they did that last game as well.

Some day all running backs will be required to learn how to block in college or they don’t play. Bet they learn then. 

150+ yards and counting!

I say he's the RB to own for sure

On 12/5/2020 at 5:42 PM, RedzoneMonster said:

What are the odds he finally sees 15 carries tomorrow?

Thank god I picked him up and played him tonight. Almost started Conner instead. 

39 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

Thank god I picked him up and played him tonight. Almost started Conner instead. 

Yeah great call. 

Picked up Akers for the playoffs as I just snuck in, had to decide between Akers / Hunt / David Johnson. So far I'm glad I picked Akers.

Also glad Akers was flying under the radar a bit so I still had the chance to get him.

I drafted Akers and contracted him for 4 years in my auction draft. Been waiting all season for him to get his chance. Nice.

picked him up last week as well and started him last night! only negative is that my opponent started the Rams D! oh well!