Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

Vudu Balls.... VIOLATOR!

Meh... not wanting to be a dik but... started 2 guys on byes... and it's 2x the suck as it's double header week.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Meh... not wantinf to be a dik but... started 2 guys on byes... and it's 2x the suck as it's double header week.

saw that

• Thanks 1

I’ll take it 

15 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

So what's the consequences boys?  He gets last pick next year?  Loses a pick?  What's the deal?

I am looking at his roster and even if he was 100% efficient, he would not have won either matchup..... so, when did the apathy start?

He put in a competitive lineup in week 11 vs professor

looks like there were also IR players started in week 12 vs tampa pron.. and that was a narrow loss 99-82... who ended up 8-6.  doesn't look like they made playoffs.

but with those final 3 losses, vudu ended up 4-10, with the first pick next year. Seems like we need to do something.

• Like 1

Even if he would have won he would have ended with the #1 pick due to tiebreakers.

I find it funny that @edjrbailed on that crappy team with some fake excuse. It is worse than the team I took over from Gocolts.

39 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Even if he would have won he would have ended with the #1 pick due to tiebreakers.

I find it funny that @edjrbailed on that crappy team with some fake excuse. It is worse than the team I took over from Gocolts.

🙄

I noticed it, but admittedly not until double header week. It’s frustrating, but it kind of comes down to how seriously we want to take the league going forward. And I ask that legitimately, as we’ve seemingly gotten less intense in recent years 

On 12/12/2020 at 8:53 PM, cbfalcon said:

I noticed it, but admittedly not until double header week. It’s frustrating, but it kind of comes down to how seriously we want to take the league going forward. And I ask that legitimately, as we’ve seemingly gotten less intense in recent years 

Great question... not many of us seem to give a sh!t or even comment.

Feels like the end boys.... what do we think?

Was lame, I hope it's not the end but wouldn't be surprised either. Did it actually effect anything? I honestly don't know? As far as continuing or not I'll go with the crowd.  Wouldn't mind going from the 3 leagues I'm in down to 2 but also not eager to ditch a Dynasty team I've had for ten plus years.  

• Like 1

Also don't want to d1cks the newer guys we brought into the league by closing up shop.

4 hours ago, kutulu said:

Was lame, I hope it's not the end but wouldn't be surprised either. Did it actually effect anything? I honestly don't know? As far as continuing or not I'll go with the crowd.  Wouldn't mind going from the 3 leagues I'm in down to 2 but also not eager to ditch a Dynasty team I've had for ten plus years.  

4 hours ago, kutulu said:

Also don't want to d1cks the newer guys we brought into the league by closing up shop.

I've built up a competitive team pretty quickly, and I think MTski has done a great job rebuilding that chitbox he was given.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gypsybrat said:

I am game to continue forward, but I will not commish next year..... shiit at the beginning of this season soured me.

I thought you did a noble job. Thank you 

9 hours ago, Gypsybrat said:

I am game to continue forward, but I will not commish next year..... shiit at the beginning of this season soured me.

Yeah I thought it was fine man.

I have the #2 and #3 pick in this draft and 2 first rounders in the draft after next.

I should not have been playing the long game.

3 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

I have the #2 and #3 pick in this draft and 2 first rounders in the draft after next.

I should not have been playing the long game.

Those are both pretty bad drafts

This was my 2nd year.  I love this league   Think the top teams can be very fluid.  Also think that GR has done a  GREAT job and would request him to remain Commish.

• Like 3

On 12/6/2020 at 10:31 PM, mmmmm...beer said:

Meh... not wanting to be a dik but... started 2 guys on byes... and it's 2x the suck as it's double header week.

Yeah this should be addressed now that trades are happening. We have to decide to either allow tanking, or punish tanking.

Then once that is decided, we have to determine the consequences of last seasons efforts (unless we are allowing tanking)

• Like 1

H. BLS Rule:

1. No Manager shall take actions to intentionally lose games or points. These actions include, but are not limited to:

• Knowingly leaving starting roster positions empty.
  • Benching top players for scrubs.
  • Releasing top players to Waiver Wire.
  • Collusion: Managers taking collaborated actions to improve a team at the expense of another.

2. Any Manager(s) judged to be partaking in such actions will get last pick of the following years draft. Continued bad behavior will result in league expulsion!

3. The Commissioner will have final rule in matters of fair play.

Personally I like how our league constitution spells out which actions are not OK.  There has to be some wiggle room for managers to set what they feel is their best lineup, even if it means benching someone with higher projected points.  But I think we can all tell when it is a clear "starting a scrub over a top player" situation.  

Also personally, as a team that just went full rebuild, I want to win as few games as possible to maximize my upcoming picks.  But each week I will be submitting the lineup that I feel gives me the best chance to win that week regardless.  Playing in good faith is better for everyone in the long run for league consistency.

I viewed it as managerial indifference vs intentional tanking.

I recall noticing it at the end of last season, at which time I looked back and I was very suspicious of his lineups multiple times late in the season.

I just didn’t feel right making an issue of it, as I’d been mentally checked out all season and it felt too self serving. 

I guess as written we only prohibit intentional tanking.  I would argue that there is not much difference between intentional tanking and manager indifference - both from the standpoint of the effect it has on the league and in being able to police it.  "I'm not trying to tank, I just forgot to set my lineup..."  

• Like 2

I was the one effected. I got the 1.02 pick instead of the 1.01. In my opinion we can let it slide. I already traded away the 1.02.

Just now, MTSkiBum said:

I was the one effected. I got the 1.02 pick instead of the 1.01. In my opinion we can let it slide. I already traded away the 1.02.

I think it was more than just the last week. It was at least the last 3 games. And the top 5 picks were based on teams with 4-6 wins. So half the league was affected. 

5 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

I think it was more than just the last week. It was at least the last 3 games. And the top 5 picks were based on teams with 4-6 wins. So half the league was affected. 

In week 13 it did not matter as the best lineup would not have beaten either of the two opponents.

Week 12 was the only effected week and it gave White Wonder a free win. He should have beaten WW had he submitted the most logical starting lineup.

23 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

In week 13 it did not matter as the best lineup would not have beaten either of the two opponents.

Week 12 was the only effected week and it gave White Wonder a free win. He should have beaten WW had he submitted the most logical starting lineup.

Ok. Fair enough. Nonetheless. 

Just be aware of the the precedent being set if we let bad teams become “indifferent” and stop setting their lineups....once it would be beneficial to their draft position to do so. 

Collusion and Tanking are my only deal breakers. Those things aside, murder riot and kill. Maybe make it a poll.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigtraine said:

I guess as written we only prohibit intentional tanking.  I would argue that there is not much difference between intentional tanking and manager indifference - both from the standpoint of the effect it has on the league and in being able to police it.  "I'm not trying to tank, I just forgot to set my lineup..."  

Effect, yes.  Difference in malicious intent imo. 

Indifference is the same as intentially tanking.

You intentionally didn't put in a line up or pay attention your guys were on a bye.

The rules should be in effect imo.

You don't "forget" to enter a roster in after a continuous 10 weeks of doing it.  You say Fock it... I'm not in the playoffs... I don't care.

• Like 3

I don’t care enough about this league or any FF league to intentionally tank a team.  

For many reasons, setting a ff lineup was very low on my priority list during that time period. 

I understand the potential impact of starting injured players, but there seems like there wasn’t much when all was said and done.  I have a team with very little trade or draft capital available to improve it. 

So last year, you wanted to (or maybe actually did) skip my draft pick because I wasn’t glued to my phone all weekend.  

Now you wanna accuse me of doing something malicious to gain an advantage and take away another pick this year?  

Any one of you could have sent me a DM to ask what was up at any point from last season up until today.  But you decided to go this way instead.  Nice work  

Anyway, as I said, I don’t really care.  Do whatever you want.  

Thank you for your response.  I think you are a valued member of this league.  Sure that everyone else feels the same.  I looked at your team and disagree.  You have some quality pieces.  High draft picks which you have can change things quickly as well.

I do not care what the reasons were for your inattentiveness last year.  We should all understand that sometimes real life gets in the way.  The lesson to be learned from this for everyone is that when real life gets in the way, COMMUNICATE!    Anything can be dealt with.  That is for everyone.

Since no one was harmed, it is any easy decision for me to make as Da Commish to do nothing.  Which is exactly what I am going to do.  That does not create a precedent.  Each case is different and should be dealt with differently.

I hope you pay more attention this year.

I guess I agree with the new commish on this. 
I fukkin hated it when it happened last year and don't really care about the outcome of not putting in a "competitive" lineup was..The fact that one wasn't put in really bothered me. 

Then again, like the faggity Floridian (big dog) said, Real life happens. 
Vudu has been a quality poster here for eons and I hope he stays the course for this year.  

IMO, no penalties this draft, but our new commish is a hard ass and we'll prolly all edjr by draft time next year. :banana:

I disagree with the decision. Like I said before, it’s one of only 2 rules I care about. Historically, I have made a lot of trades for future picks, so it’s admittedly a sore point with me when I have seen it so many times over the years. 

That said, I don’t have enough spirit for this league anymore to debate or argue though. Before it was so accepted I would have.

I get that you didn’t want to have a vote and you have to decide to either ruffle the feathers of those those that tank/collude or you have to ruffle the feathers of the owners that want a straight up fair competition. It’s a no win proposition, and the cheaters are quicker to quit a league obviously, which you have to manage. I have to imagine holding together leagues of strangers can be quite tough. 

• Like 2