Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Washington at Steelers: MAF Discussion

Inactives

Football Team: WR Robert Foster, DE Ryan Anderson, S Cole Luke, LB Jordan Kunaszyk, WR Jeff Badet

Steelers: K Chris Boswell, CB Steve Nelson, QB Josh Dobbs, DL Carlos Davis, T Derwin Gray, TE Kevin Rader

24 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

Inactives

Football Team: R Robert Foster

If you're wondering what position R Robert Foster plays, it's team poet.

29 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

Inactives

Steelers:  Steve Nelson

Steve Nelson co-wrote the song "Frosty the Snowman".

Hope he makes it back before Christmas!

5 minutes ago, posty said:

Let's go Redskins

A perfect example of how 'real football' is every bit as unpredictable as fantasy football.

At the start of the year, who would've predicted that in week 13, the Giants & Redskins would be battling for the NFC East title, while the Cowboys & Eagles are on the outside looking in.

18 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

A perfect example of how 'real football' is every bit as unpredictable as fantasy football.

At the start of the year, who would've predicted that in week 13, the Giants & Redskins would be battling for the NFC East title, while the Cowboys & Eagles are on the outside looking in.

True...

But you are misunderstanding, let me explain... 

I hate the Redskins, but I despise the Steelers more than my dislike for the Redskins...  So that is why I am rooting for the Redskins, not because I am a Redskins fan...  But I could see how one might think that with my Redskins comment about "Let's Go Redskins"...  Actually I won't even watch the Redskins-Steelers game, I just want the Redskins to win...

3 minutes ago, posty said:

True...

But you are misunderstanding, let me explain... 

I hate the Redskins, but I despise the Steelers more than my dislike for the Redskins...  So that is why I am rooting for the Redskins, not because I am a Redskins fan...  But I could see how one might think that with my Redskins comment about "Let's Go Redskins"...  Actually I won't even watch the Redskins-Steelers games, I just want the Redskins to win...

Got it

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

Got it

I think what he's really trying to say is that no one is going to tell him not to say the term "Redskins."  Political correctness be damned. 

1 minute ago, nobody said:

Political correctness be damned. 

What upsets me isn't that they wanted to change the name, but that they insisted on changing the helmet logo as well.

The Redskins primary logo used today was first designed in 1971 in close consultation with Native American leaders. Among those who unanimously approved and voiced praise for the logo was Walter “Blackie” Wetzel, a former President of the National Congress of American Indians and Chairman of the Blackfeet Nation. Years earlier, Mr. Wetzel had been deeply involved with U.S. President John F. Kennedy in the movement for civil liberties, civil rights, and economic freedom for all. In 2014, Mr. Wetzel’s son Don commented, “It needs to be said that an Indian from the State of Montana created the Redskins logo, and did it the right way. It represents the Red Nation, and it’s something to be proud of.”

Can the play by play guy not see that his name is Ray Ray McLeod and not McDonald? He has said it wrong about 4 times already 

They're going to make me download fubotv to watch this damn thing I guess.

I swear Anthony Macfarland has to lead the league in 0 and 1 yard gains.

26 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

Gibson....doubtful to return 😭😭

That's not a good sign.  They usually say questionable this early in a game unless you have a limb pointing in the wrong direction.

1 hour ago, frank said:

My local fox channel is showing Ellen. :mad:

You have my sincere condolences. The only thing worse would be if they were showing the view. 

1 hour ago, nobody said:

I think what he's really trying to say is that no one is going to tell him not to say the term "Redskins."  Political correctness be damned. 

Yeah there is that as well...

1 hour ago, nobody said:

I swear Anthony Macfarland has to lead the league in 0 and 1 yard gains.

Has he closed the gap on Jordan Howard?

4 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

You have my sincere condolences. The only thing worse would be if they were showing the view. 

I saw the end of The Real waiting for the game to come on. :mad:

Pan Oliver looks and sounds really stoned 

Any word on Gibson?  That's a big deal if he's out.  That guy has been money all year.

Man, you can tell Pittsburgh has absolutely no faith in their running game at all.

Juju's stat line right now is 7 catches for 28 yards.  I hope they're setting him up for a double move or something.

2 minutes ago, nobody said:

Man, you can tell Pittsburgh has absolutely no faith in their running game at all.

Even when they had a running game they would much rather throw the ball with Big Ben at QB...

If Washington plays for the field goal here I think they're going to lose.

5 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

:banana:

Don't celebrate yet.  Maybe Washington will blitz 8 guys.

Hail to the Redskins...

And the 72 Dolphins pop the corks...  Way to go Redskins...

The Redskins are going to the Super Bowl...

#HTTR

3 minutes ago, posty said:

And the 72 Dolphins pop the corks... 

The Chiefs are probly throwing back a few too.

3 hours ago, nospk said:

Can the play by play guy not see that his name is Ray Ray McLeod and not McDonald? He has said it wrong about 4 times already 

I generally like Daryl but he seemed off. I watch more RedZone than not so maybe he's been off for a while.

I was like, WTF when he was talking about how it's unfair for the 1-seed to have a bye but not anyone else. OK, fair enough. But then he went on to say that all EIGHT teams should just play. No byes. What 8 teams Daryl!??! Only 7 make the playoffs.

I always like how an announcer's partner will NOT call them out on such stupidity.

5 hours ago, posty said:

And the 72 Dolphins pop the corks...  Way to go Redskins...