Sign in to follow this  
Bier Meister

Playoffs 2020

Should be set up.   Have the following as seeding:

(speak now or forever hold your peace)

1.  The Mighty Sweatermeats  (division winner)

2.  Drunken Knights (wild card)

3.  Kat Fancy (wild card)

4.  Putins Bitches (division winner)

5.  Peaces (high points of non qualifying playoff teams)

6.  Infadels (division winner)

First week of playoffs:

The Mighty Sweatermeats & Drunken Knights - BYE

Infadels vs Kat Fancy

Peaces vs Putins Bitches

Thank you.

i can’t believe I have to play that f’r a third time

• Haha 1

Not sure if the brackets are set up correctly at mfl

7 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

Not sure if the brackets are set up correctly at mfl

yeah....its kinda weird.  If you go to League/Playoff Brackets, its all screwy.   But this weeks matchups show as correct.

• Like 1

Wait I didn’t make it?

better record than a division winner and the 6th seed. I know total points means something but to me it’s always been as a tie breaker. In my years in the league I don’t recall the final playoff spot going to highest points regardless of record but I probably have too many leagues to keep track of. 

should just do away with divisions if that’s going to be the case 

edit: also if a division winner is important enough to make it over someone with a better record why are they the 6 seed? Why are division winners not the top 3 seeds regardless? 

**Sorry I didn’t see this post on Wednesday and sorry for my complaints. Yes they are because I came to check on my playoff status which I assumed I had, but in general I would be saying this is a garbage playoff system even if I was not directly impacted. 

• We've always had that rule. You can thank edjr for it. This is the second time I've benefited from it. :banana:

3 Divisional Winners.

2 Wild Card teams (best remaining record, with total points used for any seeding tie breaker).

1 Additional Wild Card team (most points scored - the highest scoring team remaining

Even though we’ve always had the 6th spot going to points, and even though everyone has known it and liked it for a decade +, I’m with the new guy that says it sucks. Trash system. 

On 12/13/2020 at 12:02 AM, cbfalcon said:

Even though we’ve always had the 6th spot going to points, and even though everyone has known it and liked it for a decade +, I’m with the new guy that says it sucks. Trash system. 

The “new guy” who has been here at least 5 years now and longer than at least 4 other owners?

2-2 in Superbowls in this league, but not liking my chances this time. Either way happy as I didn't even think I was making the playoffs in this league a few weeks ago.  Made the playoffs in all three of my leagues this year ( auction, redraft and Dynasty) so that's pretty good, imo.