Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Week 14 Scoop and Play WR

Probably be the last scoop-and-play column this season, since playoffs are beginning for some this week and for most next week.....and if you are down to scoopin' in the playoffs, you might be in a bit of trouble. However, here are a couple of recommendations for those desperate for a WR this week to help get/keep you into the playoffs. As always, these are simply guys who are <20-25% owned, so you won't be seeing guys like Robby Anderson or even Coutee, for the ship has sailed on those types in most leagues. Please submit your own suggestions, and best of luck this week.

Breshad Perriman - Jets

After years of underperformance, injuries, and disappointment, Perriman has occasionally flashed with the Jets this season, including a 5/101/2 stat line in Week 9 against the Patriots. Of course, it's hard to be reliable, fantasy-wise, when you are competing with Crowder and Mims for targets each week. However, it was reported today that Mims had a "family emergency", and left for Texas....so it is a legitimate possibility that he won't have enough time to clear Covid protocols before their game Sunday. If not, this should open the door for Perriman to put up startable stats....and maybe even more, considering they are playing the Seahawks, who currently forfeit the most fantasy points to opposing WR's. He is currently less than 20% owned in ESPN and less than 10% in NFL.com....and it won't cost you a wad to scoop Breshad. Prediction: 5/83/1

Danny Amendola - Lions

Wow, what a difference a coaching change can make. The Lions came out roaring last week after canning Patricia, putting up 34 points and beating the Bears. The players were obviously motivated again, and this should bode well for Amendola, assuming that Golladay is OUT again this week.  Yes, Quintez Cephas had a good showing last week, including a TD, but has basically been a non-factor in the prior weeks. Danny Boy just came back last week after a 3 week absence with a shoulder, but garnered the 3rd most targets behind Jones and Hockenson, and managed to grind out 62 scoreless yards in the process. Of course, fantasy-savvy owners know what usually happens after a Marvin Jones JR. blow-up week (nothing), but Amendola is always there to fall back on, including a 7/77/0 performance last time he was mentioned in this thread back in week 9. He is still less than 10% owned in ESPN and Yahoo. Lions will have to put up some points to stay up with their rivals the Packers, so look for Danny Playoff to do some work. Prediction 6/72/1

Deep Dive: Jalen Guyton - Chargers

This one would take some nads, but Guyton is basically unowned and is a guy that can turn in big games on occasion (including games of 72/1 and 84/1 this season), and had 7 targets last week. After last week's disaster,  I believe that Herbert has a "get right" game against the Falcons this week, who are ranked dead last against fantasy QB's and 4th to last against fantasy receivers on the year. With the focus on slowing down Keenan Allen and Mike Williams, Guyton will have a chance to catch one of those long bombs....the question is: Will he cash in? Look for Jaylen to be sailin'. Prediction 3/68/1

Wow hard to believe that Perriman is so under owned. 

Going with D Moore of Seattle.  

3/40/1/ 10 non ppr ff points.  

So I think he’s had the best stat line of the season vs the Eagles. 

3/-6/1. 

52 minutes ago, Captain Goomy Noomy Roo said:

Starvin' Marvin

Didn't he kill a guy...

2 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

Jakobi Meyers - I'm benching him so he bound top go off tonight.

Looking like a great move.

22 hours ago, rallo said:

Didn't he kill a guy...

Wrong Marvin  😆

With Golladay out Amendola looking like a nice waiver add if needed

still some risk w him but decent upside

25 minutes ago, DrG said:

With Golladay out Amendola looking like a nice waiver add if needed

still some risk w him but decent upside

On 12/9/2020 at 6:20 PM, stonewall said:

Danny Amendola - Lions

Wow, what a difference a coaching change can make. The Lions came out roaring last week after canning Patricia, putting up 34 points and beating the Bears. The players were obviously motivated again, and this should bode well for Amendola, assuming that Golladay is OUT again this week.  Yes, Quintez Cephas had a good showing last week, including a TD, but has basically been a non-factor in the prior weeks. Danny Boy just came back last week after a 3 week absence with a shoulder, but garnered the 3rd most targets behind Jones and Hockenson, and managed to grind out 62 scoreless yards in the process. Of course, fantasy-savvy owners know what usually happens after a Marvin Jones JR. blow-up week (nothing), but Amendola is always there to fall back on, including a 7/77/0 performance last time he was mentioned in this thread back in week 9. He is still less than 10% owned in ESPN and Yahoo. Lions will have to put up some points to stay up with their rivals the Packers, so look for Danny Playoff to do some work. Prediction 6/72/1

🏈

• Like 1

And didn’t the Lions release M Hall? 

1 minute ago, DrG said:

Stonewall I meant to call attention to your original post here

:cheers:

Now watch him go out and lay an egg, lol....

WR COREY DAVIS @ Jacksonville- Brown missed practice. Davis playing decent has a great match-up at Jags. He could have a good shot at 2tds even with Henry. Titans score some points Sunday. Titans-44//Jac-22.

20 minutes ago, DocNiner said:

WR COREY DAVIS @ Jacksonville

Heck, yeah....unfortunately, he is over 80% rostered

1 hour ago, stonewall said:

Heck, yeah....unfortunately, he is over 80% rostered

yeah, he shouldnt be on waiver wires anymore.

in most formats he should be rostered

I like Perriman and hopefully he can somehow replicate some of what he did late last year.  NYJ will likely need to throw to keep up with SEA and with Mims out and Crowder possibly being out, there are sure to be targets...at least I hope.

6 hours ago, DocNiner said:

WR COREY DAVIS @ Jacksonville- Brown missed practice. Davis playing decent has a great match-up at Jags. He could have a good shot at 2tds even with Henry. Titans score some points Sunday. Titans-44//Jac-22.

I picked him up this week, kind of surprised he was available.

Hoping for a big game

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

I picked him up this week, kind of surprised he was available.

Hoping for a big game

clearly you got lucky.  your league was snoozing on that one for sure.

but it happens.   better you get him than someone else.

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

clearly you got lucky.  your league was snoozing on that one for sure.

but it happens.   better you get him than someone else.

He's been pick up and dropped 2 or 3 times throughout the season.

I think he has a big game, somebody picks him up, thinking he's finally living up to his potential, only to be let down the next game, so dropped again 😆

2 hours ago, kutulu said:

Real deep, Chad Hansen, the great white hope. 

I like this pick. 

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

He's been pick up and dropped 2 or 3 times throughout the season.

I think he has a big game, somebody picks him up, thinking he's finally living up to his potential, only to be let down the next game, so dropped again 😆

well, hes been good far more than hes been bad this year.

Yeah I got lucky and picked Davis up a few weeks ago. True he shouldn't be on waivers wite now but if people are sleeping better grab him or he won't be there after this week. Think he was drafted pretty high his rookie year and just hadn't really been proving why he got drafted high. Guess he's finally woke up and has better QB play than  when Marcus Mariota  was there.

Coutee also dinged up. Could be ugly for the Texans. Every year they seem beat up at the end of the season. Makes me wonder about the turf there in Houston

2 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

Keke is gonna blow up today with cooks out. 

Going against CHI's #1 CB, not likely.