Sign in to follow this  
vino

Taysom Hill as a TE still?

I tried to do a search, it seems obvious this has been brought up before, but nada. So feel free to point me to the thread it's at if there is one. 

But, in ESPN, I thought Taysom was moved to QB only? I'm probably late to the party, none of my leagues are $ this season so I've slacked a bit, but I noticed this past week a team had him plugged into their TE spot. I didn't realize that was still possible, unless our GM has to make the change?

Thanks in advance and apologies if this was already brought up!

Own him in ESPN, and he is listed only as a QB.

However, from my understanding, if an owner had him in the TE slot the week he had the dual designation, they could legally leave him in that spot. The caveat, though, is that if you made any other adjustments to your starting roster (move a guy that's injured/bye week to the bench, or try to switch a starter for a bench player), then that spot on the starting roster would be locked and remain empty.

Haven't actually seen an owner that kept him in the TE slot and not adjust any of their starting roster.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Own him in ESPN, and he is listed only as a QB.

However, from my understanding, if an owner had him in the TE slot the week he had the dual designation, they could legally leave him in that spot. The caveat, though, is that if you made any other adjustments to your starting roster (move a guy that's injured/bye week to the bench, or try to switch a starter for a bench player), then that spot on the starting roster would be locked and remain empty.

Haven't actually seen an owner that kept him in the TE slot and not adjust any of their starting roster.

Yeah, that seems really strange to me that he hasn't made any moves since then either. But ok, at least I have an idea of how it might have went down. I'll take a look at his roster for a couple of weeks, see if that's the case, just out of curiosity. 

Much appreciated bud!

14 minutes ago, vino said:

Much appreciated bud!

No problem. Found this:

https://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/id/30374522/faq-taysom-hill-no-longer-eligible-te-espn-fantasy-football-now-qb-only

4. What if I leave Hill in a starting lineup spot other than QB going forward? Will I still get the points he scores?

• If Hill is left in the TE, Flex or WR/TE slot, users will be unable to make any roster or lineup moves until they remove him from that slot.

• If a user chooses to not remove him from that slot, the user will receive points for Hill's performance. However, if your league deems that to be an unfair advantage, league managers (LMs) have the ability to move Hill out of the starting lineup for any team in their league.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, stonewall said:

No problem. Found this:

https://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/id/30374522/faq-taysom-hill-no-longer-eligible-te-espn-fantasy-football-now-qb-only

4. What if I leave Hill in a starting lineup spot other than QB going forward? Will I still get the points he scores?

• If Hill is left in the TE, Flex or WR/TE slot, users will be unable to make any roster or lineup moves until they remove him from that slot.

• If a user chooses to not remove him from that slot, the user will receive points for Hill's performance. However, if your league deems that to be an unfair advantage, league managers (LMs) have the ability to move Hill out of the starting lineup for any team in their league.

Dang!

Wish I had known that, lol

47 minutes ago, stonewall said:

No problem. Found this:

I should have known it was in that article. I obviously saw it when it dropped but never read further down.  Perfect though, that explains it all. Thanks again!