Don’t worry, we’re all friends here. 

Now can you solve his cipher? 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

C'mon Man! Just a simple Cesar Cipher.

I'd rather have a Caesar salad.

12 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

DH VXUH WR GULQN BRXU RYDOWLQH

I just went on a hunch and tried with the 'H' being an 'E' simply guessing because it seemed a safe spot to guess where E's might be most likely. if that missed I would have tried something else until I got one letter that made sense somewhere.

Then I thought, if this is a very simple cipher and H is an E, then, it's a +3 across the board.( for instance, E.....F, G, H). So I subtracted 3 from each letter in the alphabet in the cipher and got this:

"AE SURE TO DRINK YOUR OVALTINE" from the code "DH VXUH WR GULQN BRXU RYDOWLQH"

Seems like the first letter of the cipher should have been a 'Y' I'm thinking. Or maybe you put this in on purpose.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

I just went on a hunch and tried with the 'H' being an 'E' simply guessing because it seemed a safe spot to guess where E's might be most likely. if that missed I would have tried something else until I got one letter that made sense somewhere.

Then I thought, if this is a very simple cipher and H is an E, then, it's a +3 across the board.( for instance, E.....F, G, H). So I subtracted 3 from each letter in the alphabet in the cipher and got this:

"AE SURE TO DRINK YOUR OVALTINE" from the code "DH VXUH WR GULQN BRXU RYDOWLQH"

Seems like the first letter of the cipher should have been a 'Y' I'm thinking. Or maybe you put this in on purpose.

Nice job and the first letter was a screw up on my end.

On 12/12/2020 at 4:23 PM, BeenHereBefore said:

Nice job and the first letter was a screw up on my end.

Gat dang it, your screw up screwed me up.  I took the first two letters and moved up and down the alphabet looking for a pair of letters four letters apart that formed a two-letter word.  Would've worked if I were starting with the right letters.  :(

14 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Gat dang it, your screw up screwed me up.  I took the first two letters and moved up and down the alphabet looking for a pair of letters four letters apart that formed a two-letter word.  Would've worked if I were starting with the right letters.  :(

The first letter was supposed to be a B. Be sure to drink your Ovaltine. Not sure I did mess it up but was drinking at the time so figure I might have. Cipher was inspired by watching Christmas Story again recently. I did mess it up and first code letter should have been E, sorry my bad. Cipher was just the original Cesar where you shift 3 letters to the right.

4 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

The first letter was supposed to be a B. Be sure to drink your Ovaltine. Not sure I did mess it up but was drinking at the time so figure I might have. Cipher was inspired by watching Christmas Story again recently.

Yup, it's like Utilit said except the first letter in the code should have been E (not Y).  You were one letter off.

2 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Yup, it's like Utilit said except the first letter in the code should have been E (not Y).  You were one letter off.

I know I suck.

3 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I know I suck.

Aw, now don't go and say that.  It was a good first cipher.  :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Mookz said:

Aw, now don't go and say that.  It was a good first cipher.  :thumbsup:

Lol wasn't my first but thanks. Drinking and Ciphers don't mix.