Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Ravens at Browns: MNF Discussion

Inactives

Ravens: CB Tramon Williams, TE Luke Willson, DT Broderick Washington, CB Anthony Averett, LB Jaylon Ferguson, C Trystan Colon-Castillo

Browns: TE Austin Hooper, WR KhaDarel Hodge, WR Marvin Hall, CB Denzel Ward, S Tedric Thompson, DE Joe Jackson

• Like 1

This is the first time I'm sitting down and really paying attention to a Browns game in awhile.  They're looking sharp so far.

Thinking about the big leaps in FF over the years... points for yardage over TD only, decimal scoring, PPR and half-PPR, Flex positions, etc.

The next big advancement should be to give WR points for Pass Interference penalties drawn.  Give them the yardage like the caught the pass.

7 minutes ago, nobody said:

Thinking about the big leaps in FF over the years... points for yardage over TD only, decimal scoring, PPR and half-PPR, Flex positions, etc.

The next big advancement should be to give WR points for Pass Interference penalties drawn.  Give them the yardage like the caught the pass.

Then you would you would have to give QB points as well. Maybe just a point or two for every PI drawn.

6 minutes ago, nobody said:

I remember back when it used to just be for TDs scored

Refs are up Baker's ass this game.  That was a weak Roughing call.  They need to stop calling that helmet to helmet when the ball carrier balls up like that.

2 minutes ago, RepoPatrol said:

Then you would you would have to give QB points as well. Maybe just a point or two for every PI drawn.

I'd advocate to treat it the same as a completed pass.  The only thing I wouldn't do it reward the point or half-point for a hypothetical reception, but give them the yards.  

Just now, nobody said:

I'd advocate to treat it the same as a completed pass.  The only thing I wouldn't do it reward the point or half-point for a hypothetical reception, but give them the yards.  

How about awarding points specifically for drawing PI, like 1 or 2 pts, but not adding to yards

Another weak call in my opinion on that PI call on Jimmy Smith.  I see way worse than that let go on multiple plays ever game.

1 minute ago, polecatt said:

How about awarding points specifically for drawing PI, like 1 or 2 pts, but not adding to yards

I like giving yardage points because a 40 yard PI call is a huge play versus a 5 yard PI penalty.  Sometimes the defensive back will just tackle a guy if he knows he's beat.  The receiver should be rewarded for that.

9 minutes ago, polecatt said:

I remember back when it used to just be for TDs scored

I remember doing it picking from a list of players in the newspaper

1 minute ago, nobody said:

I like giving yardage points because a 40 yard PI call is a huge play versus a 5 yard PI penatly.

It's an automatic 1st down and a regular reception isn't always but it doesn't add to their yardage totals.

Would you want to include other, similar calls, like defensive holding or illegal contact? Automatic 1st down but only 5 yards.

That's why I say make it a point total for drawing one of those penalties, maybe one for illegal contact or holding, 2 for PI?

Of course, all up for the league to decide.

6 minutes ago, nobody said:

I like giving yardage points because a 40 yard PI call is a huge play versus a 5 yard PI penalty.  Sometimes the defensive back will just tackle a guy if he knows he's beat.  The receiver should be rewarded for that.

What if the rec draws a D holding penalty? Same scoring?

For PI, they get the yardage.  For defensive holding call against a receiver, they get one point.  It's settled.

1 minute ago, nospk said:

I remember doing it picking from a list of players in the newspaper

Haha!

Yeah, I remember that. USA Today, always got the paper on Thursday because it had the fantasy football prices.

I ran a small league with a few kids on the school bus back then 🤣

Coaching point for Cleveland special teams: 

When the player calls for a fair catch at the 8 don't run up to him and stare at him and I presume yell obscenities from a yard away.  Run past him so that when the punt returner does exactly what the Baltimore kick returner does and calls for the fair catch and then at the last minute runs away, you'll be in position to field the ball before it bounces into the end zone for the touchback.

That was a professional football run from Gus Edwards whether they award him the TD or not.

Not looking great for the Browns here.  First Myles Garret went out and they immediately get gashed right over his replacement.  Second, they're still in this, of course, but they don't want to be in a spot where Baltimore knows they're going to throw.  That's when Bad Baker comes out.  Third, they've gotten a lot of help from the refs so far, so it's not a good sign they're down 7 with the 8 minutes left in the 1st half.  I think they need to get at least 3 here or they'll be in danger of this spinning out of control.

18 minutes ago, nobody said:

Coaching point for Cleveland special teams: 

When the player calls for a fair catch at the 8 don't run up to him and stare at him and I presume yell obscenities from a yard away.  Run past him so that when the punt returner does exactly what the Baltimore kick returner does and calls for the fair catch and then at the last minute runs away, you'll be in position to field the ball before it bounces into the end zone for the touchback.

This is why they are called “special” teams players 

Nice little trap block on the Defensive End on that second Chubb TD.  The tackle let him come up the field a bit and the guard came over and just walled him off.  There was absolutely no one left after the tackle then took out the linebacker.  Nice execution.  I would think a professional DE would know when he's not blocked, he's in trouble because it's either a screen or the guard is coming over to clean your clock.

Uh oh.  Lamar is getting frustrated.  Composure, young fella.  That's how he looked when the Titans knocked them out of the playoffs and the wheels came off of Lamar.

Dumb play by Mayfield.  1st off it's intentional grounding that they didn't call, and second take the sack and punt to make them use a timeout.

Can someone PLEASE drive to Cleveland and give Lamar a new pair of cleats?  He either doesn't have another pair, or he's too stupid to realize he's allowed to change them

Just now, Gratefulegg1973 said:

Can someone PLEASE drive to Cleveland and give Lamar a new pair of cleats?  He either doesn't have another pair, or he's too stupid to realize he's allowed to change them

The equipment manager needs to earn his paycheck.

Ravens should win this game.  They should get a field goal here with a minute left in the half and get the 2nd half kickoff with Lamar's new cleats, so he's not slipping every other play.

Make it 7.  Ravens score on the first possession of the 3rd and it's probably over for Cleveland.  They're not built to overcome double digit 2nd half leads.  They need to stop them coming out of the half (assuming they don't do anything with these 30 seconds)

Wow, Baker with a 70 yard Hail Mary out of the back of the end zone.  Chuck Clark almost kills himself on the goal post.

I've never seen a team look so defeated up 6.  I guess they're worried about Lamar's "cramps"

Baltimore the only team in the league that doesn't know Baker bails right under pressure and leaves the right side of the field wide open while Chuck Clark hides in the end zone behind the tight end.  Bizarre.

1 hour ago, nobody said:

Fans in the stands don't look very socially distant.

Yeah, I would stay FAR away from Ohio until you get vaccinated. Some are wearing masks, and it’s outside, but still pretty high-risk behavior. Just the bathroom at a stadium is a super spreader event.