Rusty Syringes

[** Official President Joe Biden Thread **]

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/20/technology/qanon-inauguration.html?referringSource=articleShare&fbclid=IwAR12DaiUaePD4UVcWdJkY9hpeR37sVDAfvbMUVN0Rio2yN5G-3zNCVEY98Y

2 hours ago, Gladiators said:

Think I should buy? I’ve got a decent chunk of cash sitting idle.

Qanon believers struggling in inauguration aftermath. Ha ha.

Great start to tonight's inauguration program. Springsteen and Hanks were powerful. This is a day to celebrate! This administration has shown that it will be classy and honest.

What a sense of relief we all share in this moment!

:cheers:

• Haha 1

I note that Sotomayor mispronounced Harris’s name much like Tucker Carlson did, and yet, no accusations of racist were applied to her....how odd. 🤔

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

I note that Sotomayor mispronounced Harris’s name much like Tucker Carlson did, and yet, no accusations of racist were applied to her....how odd. 🤔

She mispronounced her OWN FOCKING NAME!!!  @2:10

5 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Great hill upon which to plant a flag. Name pronunciation super gotcha. 🤣

9 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Tucker  is the best. Steyn is great too. 

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

Great hill upon which to plant a flag. Name pronunciation super gotcha. 🤣

Planting flag on  a hill?  What a maroon. I do agree, though. But tell that to the MSM and Dems that screeched sexism and misogyny when Trump and Tucker mispronounced her name. Sounds pretty serious to them.  More proof the left actually stands for nothing except trying to fight whatever the rights platform is.     

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

Planting flag on  a hill?  What a maroon. I do agree, though. But tell that to the MSM and Dems that screeched sexism and misogyny when Trump and Tucker mispronounced her name. Sounds pretty serious to them.  More proof the left actually stands for nothing except trying to fight whatever the rights platform is.     

And the right only stands for fighting whatever platform the left’s is. Two sides, one coin.

39 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Rusty missed that part of it. 

47 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

And the right only stands for fighting whatever platform the left’s is. Two sides, one coin.

This is stupid. The right wants the borders open only for legal immigration, not illegal immigration, no matter what the left says. Same for small government, 2nd amendment, etc, etc, etc.

LIberals are so dumb....:doh:

• Thanks 1

The Republicans should give President Biden the same respect the Democrats gave President Trump.  It’s only fair.  

Unity.  

8 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

The Republicans should give President Biden the same respect the Democrats gave President Trump.  It’s only fair.  

Unity.  

LOL. Biden "calls" for unity.  Yep. That'll do'r. That'll unify us.

Imagine for a second if a conservative held a "chopped off" of Biden or Harris like what Kathy Griffin did.

What would happen?

9 hours ago, OldMaid said:

Only one party wants to restrict constitutional rights. And before you pull abortion out of your bag of talking points that’s a states issue. They have openly advocated for restrictions on the 1st, 2nd and 5th amendments. 

• Haha 1

Just a formality but pipeline done.  Back to depending on the ME and importing much more than we export.  Gas prices climb steadily.

26 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Just a formality but pipeline done.  Back to depending on the ME and importing much more than we export.  Gas prices climb steadily.

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Wednesday said he was “disappointed” in President Biden’s pledge to revoke a permit for the controversial Keystone XL pipeline — as the company behind it said work on the project was being suspended.

In a statement issued following Biden’s inauguration, Trudeau said he “spoke directly” to Biden about the $8 billion project in November, and other Canadian officials “made the case” in favor of it “to high-level officials in the incoming administration.”

2 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Unity.  

They should give him respect because his party has all the power.

Just now, Rusty Syringes said:

Like Trump had his first two years? Dummy. 

Just now, Rusty Syringes said:

The last guy tried that and it failed. Calling the other party "losers" and making this a game drove a deeper wedge in a fractured Congress. Focus on the stuff that we agree on and let's hit those things first. Skip the hot buttons for a while and let things calm down a bit.

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

The Keystone XL pipeline being rejected actually will prevent more dependence on oil from the middle east.

It is complicated, but the Keystone XL pipeline is for Canada to export their oil globally, currently they are forced to sell that oil for less than market value to the northern US.

The US imports very little oil from the middle east, we import the majority from Canada. Mexico is also a very large source of oil.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

The Keystone XL pipeline being rejected actually will prevent more dependence on oil from the middle east.

It is complicated, but the Keystone XL pipeline is for Canada to export their oil globally, currently they are forced to sell that oil for less than market value to the northern US.

The US imports very little oil from the middle east, we import the majority from Canada. Mexico is also a very large source of oil.

Shhhhhh. Don't use facts. It is not allowed here!!!

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Gas prices have gradually been going up already and are still lower than they were a year ago.  The price hike in gas because of Biden sounds a lot like fear mongering at the moment.

20 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

And the jobs it cost? If it’s not a big deal, why stop it? Are the other oil producing countries happy about this? I think they would be. I’m no economist, but I get supply and demand. 

Also, that oil is gonna find it's way to the US anyway, it's just gonna happen over train, which takes longer and costs more, so it's not like it's gonna help climate change.

Another situation of the stupid democrats think they're doing something good to prevent climate change, but all they are doing is focking over a bunch of people and the climate will be the same.

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And the jobs it cost? If it’s not a big deal, why stop it? Are the other oil producing countries happy about this? I think they would be. I’m no economist, but I get supply and demand. 

It would help jobs in canada, but they want to refine that canadian oil in texas. The main competition for them will be west texas and oklahoma.

The US is the largest oil producer in the world and completing the keystone xl pipeline could very well cost americans their jobs.

8 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Also, that oil is gonna find it's way to the US anyway, it's just gonna happen over train, which takes longer and costs more, so it's not like it's gonna help climate change.

Another situation of the stupid democrats think they're doing something good to prevent climate change, but all they are doing is focking over a bunch of people and the climate will be the same.

But they are limited to how far they can ship that oil by train. They are selling it to northern US for less than they could get on the global market. This is canada's complaint.

The keystone XL pipeline is clearly good if you are a Canadian oil producer.

It is also pretty good if you are a texas refinery, since it adds another source of competition for the input into the refineries.

What is not clear is if it is good for American consumers or the american job market.

• It may increase gasoline prices in the northern US since now Canada can sell that oil elsewhere.
  • It may also cost drilling jobs in Texas and Oklahoma.

There are also some red herrings around the keystone XL pipeline as far as environmental concerns.

• The keystone XL will not effect global warming as it does nothing to effect the demand or the supply.
  • The keystone XL pipeline does not increase the risk of environmental damage since oil is instead being shipped by train.

To be honest I have no idea where i stand on the pipeline today. I think a better idea would be to build a pipeline to North Dakota instead of Canada. Although since the Keystone XL pipeline is funded by a Canadian company that may not go over too well.

2 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

It is also pretty good if you are a texas refinery, since it adds another source of competition for the input into the refineries.

What is not clear is if it is good for American consumers or the american job market.

• It may increase gasoline prices in the northern US since now Canada can sell that oil elsewhere.

There are also some red herrings around the keystone XL pipeline as far as environmental concerns.

• The keystone XL will not effect global warming as it does nothing to effect the demand or the supply.
  • The keystone XL pipeline does not increase the risk of environmental damage since oil is instead being shipped by train.

To be honest I have no idea where i stand on the pipeline today. I think a better idea would be to build a pipeline to North Dakota instead of Canada. Although since the Keystone XL pipeline is funded by a Canadian company that may not go over too well.

There's no need to muddy it up.  Did the project give jobs to Americans ? Will canceling it cause Americans to lose job's? 

Its as easy as that. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gutterboys Flip Flops said:

There's no need to muddy it up.  Did the project give jobs to Americans ? Will canceling it cause Americans to lose job's? 

Its as easy as that. 

Cancelling it may save American jobs at the expense of Canadian jobs.

1 minute ago, Gutterboys Flip Flops said:

Its as easy as that. 

And it won’t do a damn thing as far as global warming is concerned. Someone benefits from this, and it ain’t just the environmentalists? Who? 

6 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

No, according to Biden and liberals.....oil is bad. He’s admitted it. 

8 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I'm for it because it helps the Texas refineries. Plus, there are so many focking pipelines in this country anyway, so what's one more?

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And it won’t do a damn thing as far as global warming is concerned. Someone benefits from this, and it ain’t just the environmentalists? Who? 

Canadian oil companies benefit. That is why the Canadian prime minister is mad.

1 minute ago, Mr. Hand said:

No, according to Biden and liberals.....oil is bad. He’s admitted it. 

Of all the things Biden said during the debates, his position on oil was the one with which I took the most issue. I'm all for easing into alternative energy sources, but not at the pace Biden wants. That would fock up a lot of businesses.

1 minute ago, Gutterboys Flip Flops said:

May ? Are Americans employed on this project now ? If its canceled, will they still be employed ?

Americans are employed temporarily on this project, however if it is completed it will cause competition between West Texas/Oklahoma and Canada, which will reduce the amount of permanent jobs.

Just now, MTSkiBum said:

Canadian oil companies benefit. That is why the Canadian prime minister is mad.

Ok.  But there has to be others. Wall Street? I legit don’t know.