Rusty Syringes

[** Official President Joe Biden Thread **]

This guy clearly does not have the best words. Rusty thinks this is a perfect speech though.

3 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

I'm sure George Floyd is looking down right now and saying that this is a great thing that's happening for our country.

Up

• Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

I'm sure George Floyd is looking down right now and saying that this is a great thing that's happening for our country.

What makes you think he is in heaven and not hell?

4 minutes ago, posty said:

Wasn't there a Disney movie called "All Thugs Go To Heaven"? 

5 minutes ago, posty said:

Good one!

Just now, posty said:

I sense sarcasm...

Nope. Just HTDS. 

5 minutes ago, posty said:

I sense sarcasm...

It was funny. :dunno: 

21 minutes ago, posty said:

Because Clowzo said so, and everything Clownzo says can be taken to da banky bank!

1 minute ago, Rusty Syringes said:

Because Clowzo said so, and everything Clownzo says can be taken to da banky bank!

You really need to come up with a new nickname for Trump...  If what you have been using is supposed to be funny, it has fallen way short of that mark...

Plus you can't spell it the same both times that you used it...

2 hours ago, OldMaid said:

Ok. I guess all those people I see not wearing masks or socially distancing at the store or neighbors having get togethers are all just lefty talking points.

Anecdotally, I haven't seen people in my neck of the woods without a mask in months; Costco, Sams, grocery stores, gas stations, etc. Movie theaters near me are closed, as are restaurants, etc. My neighbors don't have get togethers, and have actually canceled some of the black party things that we do (July 4th), and their kids don't play outside together on nice days. 

More rural areas it's possible that masks aren't worn but my inlaws have a winery/ranch/flower farm  and they have been pretty strict with their workers and tasting room rules. Their county is more rural and hasn't had as many cases/deaths. I just assumed it was because population is more dispersed. 

45 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Anecdotally, I haven't seen people in my neck of the woods without a mask in months; Costco, Sams, grocery stores, gas stations, etc. Movie theaters near me are closed, as are restaurants, etc. My neighbors don't have get togethers, and have actually canceled some of the black party things that we do (July 4th), and their kids don't play outside together on nice days. 

More rural areas it's possible that masks aren't worn but my inlaws have a winery/ranch/flower farm  and they have been pretty strict with their workers and tasting room rules. Their county is more rural and hasn't had as many cases/deaths. I just assumed it was because population is more dispersed. 

I was in the UP of michigan a month ago. Very rural area. Everyone had masks on in the smallest towns.

Im sick of the crybaby liars saying people aren't following the rules. The cast majority of people are following the rules and infections still continued to climb.

Maybe the rules don't work. Will they ever consider that option?

24 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I was in the UP of michigan a month ago. Very rural area. Everyone had masks on in the smallest towns.

Im sick of the crybaby liars saying people aren't following the rules. The cast majority of people are following the rules and infections still continued to climb.

The rules do work if they get followed.

Rusty III got COVID from rehearsing for his school's production of "Footloose."

They were supposed to be rehearsing with masks, but a group of six girls gathered without masks around a piano to do some singing.

One of them had it, was asymptomatic and passed it on to the others. She was my son's dance partner, who passed it on to him. There is only so much a mask will do when two people are dancing cheek to cheek.

On the very day of the show's opening, the principal shut it down because a half a dozen kids in the production tested positive.

With no production that day, Rusty III decides to hit the gym - where almost no one wears masks - on the way home but leaves a few minutes later because he's exhausted.

We all have dinner together and are in the same room for an hour. He was about 10 feet from me.

He complains about how tired he is. He asks if it would be OK to just stay home from school the next day, and I said sure.

About mid-morning, he texts from his room and says he feels terrible. His temperature is around 101.

Off he goes for the COVID test, and he's positive. 

No one in the house got it, and he went back to school Monday.

Why anyone would think it's a good idea to do a musical with a lot of singing, group dancing and dancing with partners during a focking pandemic is beyond me. The school has taken huge precautions, but someone the dipsh!ts running the theater department thought the show needed to go on.

So half the kids in theater got it and likely passed it along to others, and they wasted weeks and weeks rehearsing for a musical that didn't happen and likely won't happen now.

2 hours ago, posty said:

You really need to come up with a new nickname for Trump...  If what you have been using is supposed to be funny, it has fallen way short of that mark...

Plus you can't spell it the same both times that you used it...

How about Ex-President Postyazzholecvntfacepieceofshat?

You people keep saying it but the results say otherwise.

38 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

That’s surprising. I’ve been to small towns in Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin and they were all very laid back on the mask mandates. My experience was with bars and restaurants though. Grocery stores were different. 

Just now, Cdub100 said:

You people keep saying it but the results say otherwise.

I'll take the word of health experts and scientists over yours any day. 

We figured out over a century ago that masks and social distancing were effective during the flu pandemic, but bring that up these days, and the ignorant response is, "Well, I don't pay attention to something that happened over 100 years ago."

Ex-President Postyazzholecvntfacepieceofshat downplayed the disease to the point where his dumbass loyalists just followed along, even after he came down with the virus himself and had to be whup whup whupped off the hospital.

I come from a rural area.  I dont see anyone in stores without a mask.  Almost all stores have a sign on the door that says be polite and wear a mask otherwise no service.

I question a lot of this stuff.   I still wear a mask inside public establishments.  

I bet the waste from all the disposable masks is far more dangerous to the environment than any pipeline.  

We figured out over a century ago that masks and social distancing were effective during the flu pandemic, but bring that up these days, and the ignorant response is, "Well, I don't pay attention to something that happened over 100 years ago."

Ex-President Postyazzholecvntfacepieceofshat downplayed the disease to the point where his dumbass loyalists just followed along, even after he came down with the virus himself and had to be whup whup whupped off the hospital.

You don't have to take my word. Infections continued to rise especially in states with the strictest rules. The data is right there for you to look at, but of course, you need to be told what to think. Be sure to wear your 27 masks.

When does China have to answer for screwing the world up for at least a year or 2?  Or is it another one of those America is bad.  Dont make other countires responsible for anything sort of thing? 

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

I come from a rural area.  I dont see anyone in stores without a mask.  Almost all stores have a sign on the door that says be polite and wear a mask otherwise no service.

I question a lot of this stuff.   I still wear a mask inside public establishments.  

I bet the waste from all the disposable masks is far more dangerous to the environment than any pipeline.  

I go to a grocery store where I live, and prolly a third of those in there aren't wearing mask.

I was at a Home Depot and in the checkout line when a sudden sneezing fit hit me. 

I covered my nose and mouth with my arm, but it was funny to see all the people around me get scared, even though I periodically sneeze like that because I'm allergic to things.

I also like to pretend cough when I'm walking by maskless people at the grocery store. They're all "muh rights :cry:" types, but you can see the second thoughts in their faces.

Cough cough.

15 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

Why anyone would think it's a good idea to do a musical with a lot of singing, group dancing and dancing with partners during a focking pandemic is beyond me. The school has taken huge precautions, but someone the dipsh!ts running the theater department thought the show needed to go on.

So, your son was at a close contact event with other kids, dancing, holding hands, doing whatever. 

I am not understanding how this is Trump's fault? You took your son to this event, right? 

I mean, there has to be some personal responsibility here. Am I misunderstanding something? 

You're mad because the theater folks didn't follow the rules? These are children. 

4 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

I go to a grocery store where I live, and prolly a third of those in there aren't wearing mask.

I was at a Home Depot and in the checkout line when a sudden sneezing fit hit me. 

I covered my nose and mouth with my arm, but it was funny to see all the people around me get scared, even though I periodically sneeze like that because I'm allergic to things.

I also like to pretend cough when I'm walking by maskless people at the grocery store. They're all "muh rights :cry:" types, but you can see the second thoughts in their faces.

Cough cough.

You sound like you would fit in better within th CHOP zone.  Ever think about moving out of texas and in with the blue hairs?

Texas right? How does it compare to other statesand infection rates?

A quick google of "what states have the highest rates of infection" brings up Cali AZ and RI at the top of the page. Dated January 7th

4 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

You don't have to take my word. Infections continued to rise especially in states with the strictest rules. The data is right there for you to look at, but of course, you need to be told what to think. Be sure to wear your 27 masks.

Masks and social distancing might not totally prevent infections, but they are effective in slowing transmissions, because if the virus just ran unchecked, the hospitals would be overrun. They're already pretty focked as it is.

People are so stupid. I see people doing stuff like rubbing their eyes and noses with unwashed hands all the time.

Diseased people touch produce at the stores. They pick up a tomato, put it back and grab another. 

This is why every piece of produce that comes into our house gets washed.

And it's just not true what you say about the restricted states.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/11/18/us/covid-state-restrictions.html

There were 2155 icu beds available when California locked down on dec 7. Today there are 1200 icu beds available when they lifted the lockdown measures

tell me it’s not political again?

12 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

Cough cough.

Sounds like bullshit. 

12 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

Masks and social distancing might not totally prevent infections, but they are effective in slowing transmissions, because if the virus just ran unchecked, the hospitals would be overrun. They're already pretty focked as it is.

People are so stupid. I see people doing stuff like rubbing their eyes and noses with unwashed hands all the time.

Diseased people touch produce at the stores. They pick up a tomato, put it back and grab another. 

This is why every piece of produce that comes into our house gets washed.

And it's just not true what you say about the restricted states.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/11/18/us/covid-state-restrictions.html

Oh, right places like NYC with the most strict rules in the country didn't hit all-time highs this month. I must be mistaken... :rolleyes:

I do agree with you about stupid people and is one of my arguments against the use of mask. On average you touch that mask every 30 seconds. It's awesome watching someone touch that moist spot on the mask continue touching everything in front of them.

As for the war zone hospitals The pray the tik tok nurses can continue to line dance every day.

1 hour ago, TheNewGirl said:

That's prolly for the best. Too many innocent people get hit by stray bullets.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

My God, man.  Call the experts! You've figured it out.  Masks work if you wear them!  But the Messiah Biden told us there's NOTHING we can do to change the trajectory of the virus.  If only people would wear masks!  It would be gone!

But wait, the CDC says you need to quarantine for 10 days if you're around someone for 15 minutes, even if you BOTH have masks.  That seems unnecessary, dontcha think?

But wait, again...I saw a pictogram today that shows TWO masks are only 75% effective(bullshat, I know).  They didn't show single mask efficacy, I'm sure that was by accident.  

Oh, an I've got an anecdotal story like you too.  Two of my coworkers became symptomatic within an hour of each other after treating a patient 3 days earlier.  They had Tyvek suits, N95s, and goggles.  But, rules work when you follow them, eh?

And what about all the people that had Covid in the CDC study that said they wear masks ALL of the time?  

Hell Hawkeye has had covid like 12 times and Im pretty sure he is a pretty strict mask wearer.

3 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Hell Hawkeye has had covid like 12 times and Im pretty sure he is a pretty strict mask wearer.

:lol:

3 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

So, your son was at a close contact event with other kids, dancing, holding hands, doing whatever. 

I am not understanding how this is Trump's fault? You took your son to this event, right? 

I mean, there has to be some personal responsibility here. Am I misunderstanding something? 

You're mad because the theater folks didn't follow the rules? These are children. 

He's in theater, and this was during after-school rehearsals. I didn't take him to anything.

The school itself has done a remarkable job of being able to hold classes and even events without superspreading occurring. 

Based on what I knew about the rehearsals, I had reason to believe they were taking extreme precautions, and rehearsals went on for weeks without any issues. But then a group of girls gathered around a piano without masks, and the adults didn't stop them. I didn't know Rusty III had a dance partner, meaning extremely close proximity. Had I known they were doing this, I likely would have not allowed him to take part in the musical. I didn't let him go to a New Year's Eve church party because they weren't going to be wearing masks.

The "theater folks" I'm referring to are the adult teachers in charge of guiding the kids and directing the play. I've never heard of any high school where the kids just put on their on productions without adult assistance. Have you? Do you really think kids go off to school and teach themselves?

You can't seriously say the now ex-president didn't downplay the severity of the virus. He failed listen to the doctors and scientists, floated a bunch of misinformation and conspiracy theories, and made quite the display of defiance when he got the virus himself. Instead of being a steady, well-informed leader in the pandemic, he acted like an ignorant clown who was more concerned about re-election than the health and well-being of Americans, whose deaths in the first 10 months of this thing have now surpassed all the American deaths in World War II.

He has fostered a mentality of carelessness, and so you have it rampaging across the country and setting records almost daily.

As I have since come to learn, that mentality was shared by adult teachers charged with doing things safely, which they most certainly did not.

29 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

The U.S. Marines performed a controlled experiment on lockdowns and found that strict COVID protocols did not stop the spread of the virus… in fact, they made it worse.

The military is the perfect place for a strict experiment on COVID lockdowns. They already have a captive group of test subjects, after all. Members of the military are already in a position to obey nearly every last stricture in any coronavirus lockdown experiment.

Consequently, the Marines corralled 2,000 recruits in a COVID lockdown, instructed them in strict mask-wearing, handwashing, and contact policies, and then waited to see if the virus would be kept out of the test area.

It turned out that the social distancing, mask-wearing, handwashing, and other strict medical conditions didn’t work any better to keep the virus from spreading than it did among other recruits that did not observe any of the COVID policies. In fact, the locked down soldiers saw a tad more cases of the virus than the non-locked down soldiers experienced.

Link

7 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Link

Lots of studies like this. Especially regarding masks wearing for trained personnel. It didn't stop or slow the spread of anything. Of course, those studies were done pre-covid. So that means they are worthless. We don't use the scientific method any more we listen to the experts "common sense"

Be sure to wear your 29 masks people. 29x safer it's common sense.

17 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I see we’re just making sh*t up now. Cool.