Rusty Syringes

[** Official President Joe Biden Thread **]

4 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

LMAO....you'd be better to just say you don't understand this and stop.

Now it's your turn- explain how someone is transgender just to get your attention.

Ok, I'll lay off.  You're obviously over your head if you don't know the difference between sex and gender. 

I live in conservative suburb of a very liberal big city. My kids went through a high school with 2600 kids, and another a middle school with almost 2000.  My kids have known someone who identifies as every gender and orientation imaginable.  Ive had 3 kids(now young adults in early 20s) tell my kids over the years that they didn't really feel that way.  It all originated from not having as much academic or athletic prowess, so this was a way to shock people and get talked about. This, coupled with the fact that 70% of kids that don't identify with their gender at birth, have that situation eventually resolve.  If you can't see that it's sometimes just for attention, I can't help you. 

3 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Ok, I'll lay off.  You're obviously over your head if you don't know the difference between sex and gender. 

I live in conservative suburb of a very liberal big city. My kids went through a high school with 2600 kids, and another a middle school with almost 2000.  My kids have known someone who identifies as every gender and orientation imaginable.  Ive had 3 kids(now young adults in early 20s) tell my kids over the years that they didn't really feel that way.  It all originated from not having as much academic or athletic prowess, so this was a way to shock people and get talked about. This, coupled with the fact that 70% of kids that don't identify with their gender at birth, have that situation eventually resolve.  If you can't see that it's sometimes just for attention, I can't help you. 

So you have a few anecdotal stories (that may or may not be true) told to you by your kids (who probably believe the same way you do) and that means ALL transgender people are looking for your attention?

Obviously I know the difference between sex and gender. You are trying to play semantics because you've got less than nothing right now. 

15 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

So basically you are a d!ck and proud of it.

Cool. Doesn't make you less of an a$$hole

Nope I’m just real. I’ll treat a tranny like whatever sex they think they are and then with my friends be like dude that tranny was asking about you. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

So you have a few anecdotal stories (that may or may not be true) told to you by your kids (who probably believe the same way you do) and that means ALL transgender people are looking for your attention?

Obviously I know the difference between sex and gender. You are trying to play semantics because you've got less than nothing right now. 

Liberals are so stupid. :doh:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

First, if you can show me where I said ''all" I'll kiss you're a$$ at 42nd and Broadway.  Second, you obviously don't know the difference between sex and gender since you pasted an article that didn't have a single mention of sex. You literally didn't know.  People that know, don't mix it up. Mixing those up is really the cardinal sin of understanding this whole thing. It's not semantics, gender and sex are worlds apart. Because, obviously, those that are gender non-conforming claim that that aren't fighting against science.  They are simply not adhering to a social construct. 

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Good thing there are 52

its sad they have no fear of saying these things out loud now

Yeah, I was like which 2 of the 52 is he talking about?

13 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Holy sh!t you can't make this stuff up:doh:

Those 2 should not have the right to vote on this. They should do as they are told.

What about the ONE kameltoe having the right to choose votes in the senate? 

When is hernia sanders going to rest in peace (or in hell) once and for all?

5 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

I'm telling you now those people are jerkoffs and I would never, and no one should, wish death on anyone. 

How convenient.  

I wanted to see if you had been just as outraged then as you are now.  Apparently you weren't until it had to serve as a cover now.

6 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Liberals are so stupid. :doh:

Still waiting on your source champ

6 hours ago, Fireballer said:

First, if you can show me where I said ''all" I'll kiss you're a$$ at 42nd and Broadway.  Second, you obviously don't know the difference between sex and gender since you pasted an article that didn't have a single mention of sex. You literally didn't know.  People that know, don't mix it up. Mixing those up is really the cardinal sin of understanding this whole thing. It's not semantics, gender and sex are worlds apart. Because, obviously, those that are gender non-conforming claim that that aren't fighting against science.  They are simply not adhering to a social construct. 

It's semantics you are playing because it is far more complex than what you are describing and gets into ideas of sex and gender and how those terms are viewed but you are trying to keep it black and white. There is a biological sex you have at birth and that assigns you a gender role based off of societal norms. But some people view their biological sex as not matching up with what their gender assigned role should be thus they move into the things mentioned. I understand the difference but I'm drawing lines that you don't understand because you think they are attention seeking individuals because your kids told you once that three people said it. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

But some people view their biological sex as not matching up with what their gender assigned role should be thus they move into the things mentioned. 

Ahhh...now we're getting somewhere.  It's not that some people are actually born the wrong sex like you said last night.  Some people "view" that they are born the wrong sex is really what you meant. Interesting.

48 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

you think they are attention seeking individuals because your kids told you once that three people said it. 

I would think a teacher would know the difference between "all" and "some", but I guess I'm giving you too much credit.  

43 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I'm drawing lines that you don't understand 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Dude, youre a joke.  Just stop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fireballer said:

Ahhh...now we're getting somewhere.  It's not that some people are actually born the wrong sex like you said last night.  Some people "view" that they are born the wrong sex is really what you meant. Interesting.

I would think a teacher would know the difference between "all" and "some", but I guess I'm giving you too much credit.  

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Dude, youre a joke.  Just stop.

Again- 3 people did it so that speaks to a larger number of people right? You are generalizing and painting with a huge brush. 

10 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

You are debating with a guy who draws conclusions from a headline without actually diving beyond a story's first paragraph. 

8 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Again- 3 people did it so that speaks to a larger number of people right? You are generalizing and painting with a huge brush. 

You're a teacher...of course you're familiar with the term "extropolate"?

31 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Of course I'm familiar that "extropolate" is not a word.

I'm also very familiar that hasty generalization is a logical fallacy you are employing. I encourage you to read more. 

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

Of course I'm familiar that "extropolate" is not a word.

I'm also very familiar that hasty generalization is a logical fallacy you are employing. I encourage you to read more. 

I can't spell when typing fast...sue me.  You're last 3 posts have been nothing but diversions from you lacking basic knowledge of this subject. I'm done wasting my time with your diversions. You were wrong last night and still wrong today.

1 hour ago, Fireballer said:

He would be familiar with the term "extrapolate," but probably not "extropolate" due to its non-existence. 🤣

5 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

He would be familiar with the term "extrapolate," but probably not "extropolate" due to its non-existence. 🤣

Welcome to the party, junior.  Read much?

Just now, Fireballer said:

Welcome to the party, junior.  Read much?

Are you familiar with the term "asdfj;sdlfjaek;l;asd;kj?" 🤣

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

I can't spell when typing fast...sue me.  You're last 3 posts have been nothing but diversions from you lacking basic knowledge of this subject. I'm done wasting my time with your diversions. You were wrong last night and still wrong today.

Ah yes...the typical response of a person who spells a word wrong...Every word in your post is spelled correctly but quickly typing messed you up on just the one main word you were trying to use. Par for the course around here.

Also, again- you know you made mistakes so now you try to tuck tail and run. 

3 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Are you familiar with the term "asdfj;sdlfjaek;l;asd;kj?" 🤣

Another person "typing too fast."

4 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Ah yes...the typical response of a person who spells a word wrong...Every word in your post is spelled correctly but quickly typing messed you up on just the one main word you were trying to use. Par for the course around here.

Oh yeah, pile on a guy that mispells a word to divert from your ignorance.  You're great at that tactic. No one is tucking tale and running.  You're just a anonymous loser on a message board who is no longer worth my time.  I'm not ever gonna convince you I'm right, and you're not ever gonna convince me that you're right.  

How did this become the [** Official President Joe Biden Is A Tranny Thread **]? 

8 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

So petty. This is what liberals turned into after being indoctrinated by hussein, then got TDSed by Trump, and now can't even address topics around the fool creepy joey they voted into office because they know they focked up but can't admit it. Fools.

12 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

No- I don't agree that people want attention and I don't think people are making up genders. That is what you believe. 

You have accused @Fireballerof an absolute stance; this sounds pretty absolute as well.  I also have an anecdotal story which I relayed in the trans thread (not sure why we are discussing it here...) and it is undeniably the case that such people exist.  Those people need therapy, not hormones or surgery.  I'll call them "pseudo trans."

The truth as in most things is in the middle, although I'd guess that most are legitimate. 

Is it mental illness?  That's perhaps a matter of semantics.  The APA says no, although if I were a cynic, I'd say they really have no choice but to say that.  Their definition is:

Mental illnesses are health conditions involving changes in emotion, thinking or behavior (or a combination of these). Mental illnesses are associated with distress and/or problems functioning in social, work or family activities.

Trans people have a significant incidence of anxiety, depression, and suicide, but that improves after transition.  I didn't look to see if it improves to non-trans level, but that would surprise me.  I don't believe it is "fixable," at least with current knowledge, any more than gay conversion therapy works for the people who have either condition.

My main concern is that the pendulum has swung a little too far beyond acceptance into something like encouragement, hence encouraging pseudo-trans behavior among children and teens.  We should be working to help them deal with the underlying issues leading to their cries for attention, not giving them hormones or surgery.  

Otherwise I agree with treating them with respect.  I would ask in return that trans people return the favor and understand that this is a new and weird thing for a lot of folks, and those folks need education and not berating.  When I see the woman in the recent drive thru video, I see an attention-seeker, not a trans person, and I'm less likely to believe she is not a pseud.  But that's just my opinion.  :cheers: 

11 minutes ago, DonS said:

How did this become the [** Official President Joe Biden Is A Tranny Thread **]? 

It's either that or talk abut his policy.  And the libs don't want to go there. :lol: 

5 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

It's either that or talk abut his policy.  And the libs don't want to go there. :lol: 

:nono:

They have literally spent more time on Trump than creepy joe.

48 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Such a clever pet name!  Do you get brownie points from your team for each time you post it? lol 

37 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

You have accused @Fireballerof an absolute stance; this sounds pretty absolute as well.  I also have an anecdotal story which I relayed in the trans thread (not sure why we are discussing it here...) and it is undeniably the case that such people exist.  Those people need therapy, not hormones or surgery.  I'll call them "pseudo trans."

The truth as in most things is in the middle, although I'd guess that most are legitimate. 

Is it mental illness?  That's perhaps a matter of semantics.  The APA says no, although if I were a cynic, I'd say they really have no choice but to say that.  Their definition is:

Trans people have a significant incidence of anxiety, depression, and suicide, but that improves after transition.  I didn't look to see if it improves to non-trans level, but that would surprise me.  I don't believe it is "fixable," at least with current knowledge, any more than gay conversion therapy works for the people who have either condition.

My main concern is that the pendulum has swung a little too far beyond acceptance into something like encouragement, hence encouraging pseudo-trans behavior among children and teens.  We should be working to help them deal with the underlying issues leading to their cries for attention, not giving them hormones or surgery.  

Otherwise I agree with treating them with respect.  I would ask in return that trans people return the favor and understand that this is a new and weird thing for a lot of folks, and those folks need education and not berating.  When I see the woman in the recent drive thru video, I see an attention-seeker, not a trans person, and I'm less likely to believe she is not a pseud.  But that's just my opinion.  :cheers: 

There are some studies that show the suicide rate is higher if not the same post transition. Which just shows it’s not the being the wrong sex argument that causes it

50 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Oh yeah, pile on a guy that mispells a word to divert from your ignorance.  You're great at that tactic. No one is tucking tale and running.  You're just a anonymous loser on a message board who is no longer worth my time.  I'm not ever gonna convince you I'm right, and you're not ever gonna convince me that you're right.  

If the post's point is to rub a word in someone's face, it would behoove you to do the rubbing - in quotes - with a word that exists. 😂

3 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

If the post's point is to rub a word in someone's face, it would behoove you to do the rubbing - in quotes - with a word that exists. 😂

5 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

There are some studies that show the suicide rate is higher if not the same post transition. Which just shows it’s not the being the wrong sex argument that causes it

I found the following article which describes a study showing significant improvement post transition. 

https://fenwayhealth.org/new-study-shows-transgender-people-who-receive-gender-affirming-surgery-are-significantly-less-likely-to-experience-psychological-distress-or-suicidal-ideation/

"Significant" is a relative word though, as are percentage improvements.  It could have gone from "incredibly bad" (which it is unfortunately) to "less incredibly bad."  :dunno: 

14 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

People who wished death on Trump or other Republicans with COVID are too.

Also- you think there aren't men on testosterone enhancers in the military?

Please re-read my post. 

I said "Testosterone can make PEOPLE more aggressive."   I didn't say men or women. 

9 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I found the following article which describes a study showing significant improvement post transition. 

https://fenwayhealth.org/new-study-shows-transgender-people-who-receive-gender-affirming-surgery-are-significantly-less-likely-to-experience-psychological-distress-or-suicidal-ideation/

"Significant" is a relative word though, as are percentage improvements.  It could have gone from "incredibly bad" (which it is unfortunately) to "less incredibly bad."  :dunno: 

That’s the one I saw. Honestly it’s almost like the trans stuff is being scrubbed cause I can’t find any of the info that when I got into this with someone 2 years ago about was readily available. Only thing I can find is these “new” studies

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

That’s the one I saw. Honestly it’s almost like the trans stuff is being scrubbed cause I can’t find any of the info that when I got into this with someone 2 years ago about was readily available. Only thing I can find is these “new” studies

Interesting.  I had searched for post-transition suicides and nothing leapt out at me.  In fact the pollyanna awesomeness at first glance of the search results implied to me that a message is being guided.  But I didn't dig deeper into it so I didn't say anything.  

Like I said, it makes sense that the situation would improve, the question is how much.

19 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Interesting.  I had searched for post-transition suicides and nothing leapt out at me.  In fact the pollyanna awesomeness at first glance of the search results implied to me that a message is being guided.  But I didn't dig deeper into it so I didn't say anything.  

Like I said, it makes sense that the situation would improve, the question is how much.

A friend of a friend went from female to male a couple of years ago. Hormones, "top" surgery. The hormones caused them to lose their hair. So, their comment was, "I used to be a pretty sexy, androgenous looking female. Now, I am a middle aged bald man." 

Not sure if that causes more or less depression, but it would depress the fock out of me to go through all of it and end up with THAT.