Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

IBL Update: FFToday in 1st with two weeks to go...

For those not familiar, the main fantasy football boards on the internet put together 12-man teams that compete for the Interboard title. Our team at FFToday this season and for a long time now in most cases consists of Dan, White Wonder, Stewburtx8, Vikings4Ever, RCS Steeler, Cuse9, Matt Mueller, Lambert58, Giraldi02, Nic Dolas, Me2020, and myself (Fumbleweed). 

Currently, we have a narrow lead in the battle for website/board supremacy over Footballguys.com and Fantasy Sharks. Will try to keep the board here informed as to how it turns out. I think we have won the title 3  or 4 times over the past twenty years, but I'm not 100% sure of the exact number. There are seven websites with teams in the league this season. Usually, there are 8. 

Ah, I remember those days, when Axe Elf led three separate boards to Ultimate Fantasy Football Supremacy in the InterBoard League over the course of a decade or so.

If you guys ever want to get back to #1, see if I'm available some July.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Ah, I remember those days, when Axe Elf led three separate boards to Ultimate Fantasy Football Supremacy in the InterBoard League over the course of a decade or so.

On the other hand, though, I think I remember hearing something about using Axe Elf in the Interboard League had been dubbed an "unfair advantage" and Axe Elf was banned from ever participating in the IBL again, or something like that.

So you might not be ABLE to use me, even if you wanted to--and even if they let you, they would probly still be resentful of the perceived advantage.

I wouldn't want you to be retroactively stripped of the title, just because you'd used Axe Elf.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

3 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

On the other hand, though, I think I remember hearing something about using Axe Elf in the Interboard League had been dubbed an "unfair advantage" and Axe Elf was banned from ever participating in the IBL again, or something like that.

So you might not be ABLE to use me, even if you wanted to--and even if they let you, they would probly still be resentful of the perceived advantage.

I wouldn't want you to be retroactively stripped of the title, just because you'd used Axe Elf.

Tell us more. 🍿

1 minute ago, taco breath said:

Tell us more. 🍿

I don't know a whole lot more.  I just remember a couple of years ago I was hanging out at the new "Sleeper U" site, and they were axed to be in the IBL that year, and they wanted to sign me up, but I guess they were told that using Axe Elf would be an unfair advantage and I wasn't allowed to be on their team.  I guess the other teams wanted the newbies to be pushovers, and thought it would look bad if the new board wins the league in its first year or something.

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I don't know a whole lot more.  I just remember a couple of years ago I was hanging out at the new "Sleeper U" site, and they were axed to be in the IBL that year, and they wanted to sign me up, but I guess they were told that using Axe Elf would be an unfair advantage and I wasn't allowed to be on their team.  I guess the other teams wanted the newbies to be pushovers, and thought it would look bad if the new board wins the league in its first year or something.

as the guy who's idea it was to put the ibl together, i can safely say that was not the intent of the league.

6 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I think the Truth and Lies column drops tomorrow...

On 12/15/2020 at 2:51 PM, Fumbleweed said:

For those not familiar, the main fantasy football boards on the internet put together 12-man teams that compete for the Interboard title. Our team at FFToday this season and for a long time now in most cases consists of Dan, White Wonder, Stewburtx8, Vikings4Ever, RCS Steeler, Cuse9, Matt Mueller, Lambert58, Giraldi02, Nic Dolas, Me2020, and myself (Fumbleweed). 

Currently, we have a narrow lead in the battle for website/board supremacy over Footballguys.com and Fantasy Sharks. Will try to keep the board here informed as to how it turns out. I think we have won the title 3  or 4 times over the past twenty years, but I'm not 100% sure of the exact number. There are seven websites with teams in the league this season. Usually, there are 8. 

Nicely done.  A little more activity out of you guys on this here main board would be more helpful though. I remember some of the above names were real solid posters.  We need more of that around here.  Oh well.

On 12/15/2020 at 1:51 PM, Fumbleweed said:

There are seven websites with teams in the league this season. Usually, there are 8. 

I may have to fluff up Axe Elf's Fantasy Football Emporium & Nightclub (It's ÆFFEN great!) so that I can field an 8th team in 2021.

Leading a fourth different board to an IBL Championship would be an almost unbeatable record.