Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

Let’s talk Toobin

Yes, yes, I know, he’s a liberal so you hate him and he’s a pedophile. And sure if he was a conservative I’d demand he was put in the stockades...

But beyond that, is he being appropriately punished?

As far as I understand, he was on some Zoom call with other people from the New Yorker, and was basically masturbating in front of someone off camera and the computer shifted so everyone on Zoom could see what he was doing.

It’s been a little vague so correct me if I’m wrong.

Obviously gross, inappropriate and unprofessional behavior for sure.

But then the New Yorker acts like he sexually assaulted everyone and immediately cans him. He’s also banned from CNN for the time being.

I’m thinking here, and maybe I’m being too magnanimous, but if it were one of my colleagues I’d think he was probably having some sort of problems (drinking? early onset dementia?) and be more concerned about that than anything.

Of course I am not a woman and maybe there’s more to it than we know.

Thoughts?

It speaks volumes that CNN hasn't fired his pervy ass yet.  

21 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Yes, yes, I know, he’s a liberal so you hate him and he’s a pedophile. And sure if he was a conservative I’d demand he was put in the stockades...

But beyond that, is he being appropriately punished?

As far as I understand, he was on some Zoom call with other people from the New Yorker, and was basically masturbating in front of someone off camera and the computer shifted so everyone on Zoom could see what he was doing.

It’s been a little vague so correct me if I’m wrong.

Obviously gross, inappropriate and unprofessional behavior for sure.

But then the New Yorker acts like he sexually assaulted everyone and immediately cans him. He’s also banned from CNN for the time being.

I’m thinking here, and maybe I’m being too magnanimous, but if it were one of my colleagues I’d think he was probably having some sort of problems (drinking? early onset dementia?) and be more concerned about that than anything.

Of course I am not a woman and maybe there’s more to it than we know.

Thoughts?

Go ask your HR what they would think and let us know.

34 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Should be fired and ostracized from the industry, you cannot do that on a zoom call.

100% Correct.

2 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

Should be fired and ostracized from the industry, you cannot do that on a zoom call.

Regular phone call still cool? Asking for a friend.

49 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Let him who has never been caught jerking off during a work meeting cast the first stone.

This.  We're all living in glass houses.  Some of us have more glass than others.  :)

33 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

This.  We're all living in glass houses.  Some of us have more glass than others.  :)

That explains the shortage of Clorox wipes.

Why is the zoom even needed? Cant you just have a conference call? I had an appointment with my doctor a while back over FaceTime. For whatever reason it wasn’t working properly. I asked her why can’t I just call you? She said ok. FaceTime was not necessary. 

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why is the zoom even needed? Cant you just have a conference call? I had an appointment with my doctor a while back over FaceTime. For whatever reason it wasn’t working properly. I asked her why can’t I just call you? She said ok. FaceTime was not necessary. 

You have a face for audio only. Makes sense. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

You have a face for audio only. Makes sense. 👍

Seriously, is it really necessary? Just seems like something people started doing and it took off for no reason that enhances the sharing of information, which is the point, right? There were conference calls pre covid and somehow things got done. But I like that your mom can face time me. She puts on a good show. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Exactly.

7 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Seriously, is it really necessary? Just seems like something people started doing and it took off for no reason that enhances the sharing of information, which is the point, right? There were conference calls pre covid and somehow things got done. But I like that your mom can face time me. She puts on a good show. 

For many, work meetings in person have been replaced with video calls. Not as good as in person, but with video they are more effective than just audio. That has been happening for a while and was accelerated by the pandemic.

It has also extended to social calls and, like many other things, some people might take the novelty thing too far. 

8 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Probably not necessary in many cases, but we use Microsoft Teams for our Monday morning meeting so the presenter can share his screen with everyone. It’s not always necessary, but it’s helpful for most of the calls.

I also use Teams in the hiring process for the first round of interviews (only since COVID started).

I don’t use Teams or Zoom for much else. The doctor scenario seems weird unless you had to show them something.

This, I do not have a camera in my home office because I think video calls are dumb.

I have a built in excuse.

It’s not “necessary,” but I’d be pretty confident in arguing that people pay more attention when they’re on video.  Of course some may say this is bad because many companies also have too many meetings (or invite too many people to meetings) and sometimes multitasking is needed if you want to get your actual work done which is usually harder to do when you’re on video.

15 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

The 1st Friday of every month we have a company zoom call, it's at 5 pm, after the work day is over.

I wore this Christmas sweater to our December First Friday and got a call from HR the following week.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/14sGkKoMD9YamWwdwVMmVonMVebc7z4S-JV1juHdVsaQ9y8OpzALEguJ4q6zl6sO5JN3Oq4SyRleW_ynHfPhxaiVivEhkWsT-teiDyg4sJ7jApja449n05Hq9I37Nm1mLubfb6AcNLGyuMbkxo1uCVz5WjqVF1W3C-JQkxFZjQ4SM6dpRqUdPLD_JRspkiYjoeaxEDQGGy6VXZM4bzjIOz0LexNw4U8

it says  "Seasons Squeezings"

8 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

So fake and staged. Do people really fall for this stuff?

I agree with @IGotWorms on this one.  He is absolutely NOT being treated properly.  All Liberals in media and government should be arrested and imprisoned for treason.  He only got fired.  Seems like a slap on the wrists to me.

What is "fair" is the real question.

Do we cancel someone for a single mistake? Seems draconian to me.  Forgiveness is more of a faith-based approach to the world, and leftists do not accept faith.

I say forgive the guy, I have usually found him to be thoughtful and having genuine balanced insights.  He went a little overboard with Trump, but that was the norm.

He was usually the voice of reason in the CNN environment that is somewhat liberal-radical.

I think it's fair to say that the only reason for Toobin's "punishment" is because he's a straight, white, male.  Had be been gay (or whatever), or black (any minority), or female (or whatever),... it's a guarantee that he (she, it),  would have been given a 1 week vacation and be back to work already.

Anyone who calls for someone to never work again is a complete dip shlt. His employer was pressured big time into firing him, but once he is hired again no one will care. It's the same as an NFL player. If he commits a crime while on a team, he needs to be cut now! But then it's ok for another team to sign him and use his talent for their gain

10 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well I think the reason is obvious. Used to be you spent most of your time in an office setting with other people. You might have the occasional teleconference but for most people, the majority of your interactions were face to face.

Then all of a sudden with the pandemic, everything was remote. Sure you could just expand teleconferences to encapsulate everything but that was never their intention. Instead you find a more suitable replacement for face to face interaction and whammo, you’ve got zoom and video conferencing.

To say nothing for the frequent need of a visual component, but even absent that there’s value in face to face interactions (even if virtual).

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Well I think the reason is obvious. Used to be you spent most of your time in an office setting with other people. You might have the occasional teleconference but for most people, the majority of your interactions were face to face.

Then all of a sudden with the pandemic, everything was remote. Sure you could just expand teleconferences to encapsulate everything but that was never their intention. Instead you find a more suitable replacement for face to face interaction and whammo, you’ve got zoom and video conferencing.

To say nothing for the frequent need of a visual component, but even absent that there’s value in face to face interactions (even if virtual).

I’d say it makes multi tasking a bit more difficult. Ask Toobin 

CNN personality Richard Quest was busted in Central Park early yesterday with some drugs in his pocket, a rope around his neck that was tied to his genitals, and a sex toy in his boot, law-enforcement sources said.

Quest, 46, was arrested at around 3:40 a.m. after a cop spotted him and another man inside the park near 64th Street, a police source said.

The criminal complaint against Quest said the park was closed at the time – something Quest should have known because of all the signs saying “Park Closed 1 a.m. to 6 a.m.”

Quest was initially busted for loitering, the source said. Aside from the oddly configured rope, the search also turned up a sex toy inside of his boot, and a small bag of methamphetamine in his left jacket pocket.

It wasn’t immediately clear what the rope was for.

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

CNN personality Richard Quest was busted in Central Park early yesterday with some drugs in his pocket, a rope around his neck that was tied to his genitals, and a sex toy in his boot, law-enforcement sources said.

Quest, 46, was arrested at around 3:40 a.m. after a cop spotted him and another man inside the park near 64th Street, a police source said.

The criminal complaint against Quest said the park was closed at the time – something Quest should have known because of all the signs saying “Park Closed 1 a.m. to 6 a.m.”

Quest was initially busted for loitering, the source said. Aside from the oddly configured rope, the search also turned up a sex toy inside of his boot, and a small bag of methamphetamine in his left jacket pocket.

Clearly he was making a noose....

12 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Clearly he was making a noose....

I was thinking vintage artisinal cure for erectile dysfunction.

2 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Well yeah, that dude looked hella weird

A married man too. I wonder how his husband feels tonight. 

All these idiot Jeffs are ruining it for the rest of us. George RR Martin didn't do us any favors either with his punk-ass king.

I'll call my boy Bezos, we're blasting off into space, fock this place.

I think that's just too traumatic and embarassing behavior. You have to get fired for sh*t like that... then be remorseful and get hired someplace less prestigeous for half pay.

Marv Albert got fired for two years , then they brought him back.... seems like a fitting punishment for Toobin, and rehabilitation, if they aren't happy with his replacement.