Sign in to follow this  
DrG

Week 15 Scoop and Play

Yes Nelson Agholor is still a waiver wire add in some leagues and faces a Chargers D Thursday night that he scored on their first game. Prediction: 6/88/1

Chad Hansen - DeSean Watson has to throw to somebody ... Prediction: 8/61 with a lot of garbage time dump offs.

Others: Russell Gage if Julio sits vs Tampa.

Like what Bowden did last week but NE could be a tough play. However with their RBS depleted Bowden might get some touches at WR and RB.

I’m sorry , but is this a wr scoop and play? Also the heading doesn’t say wr scoop and play  

If so why can’t we just wait for the original scoop and play poster , stonewall to start it? 

Rallo was actually the originator and Stonewall suggested last week was his last post. Yes I meant to add wr so I’ll repost

9 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I’m sorry , but is this a wr scoop and play?  If so why can’t we just wait for the original scoop and play poster , stonewall to start it? 

Thanks, weepaws....it's cool though, I didn't think that there would be a bunch of scoppin' this week anyway since we are in the playoffs.....so we can just use this thread this week as a general scoop-and-play for all positions.

I'll post a few here later.

6 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Not to stonewall any copyright claims, but I don't think "Scoop and Play" is copyrighted.

True enough, but i do own the copyright to the moniker "Cam Friggin' Sims".

• Haha 1

RB Jeff Wilson Jr. - 49ers

If your waivers run tonight, scoop this guy. He's currently only 20% owned in Yahoo. The MRI results from Mostert's ankle aren't due to be released until tomorrow, but if he is forced to miss week 15, Wilson becomes a potentially elite fantasy option. He has been running well ahead of both Coleman and McKinnon recently, and splitting carries pretty evenly with Mostert. He also is a preferred goal line option, as he demonstrated again last week. What makes him potentially elite, though, is the competition this week.....the Cowboys, who are bottom 5 against the run. In fact, does anyone remember what Gibson did to them on Thanksgiving Day? The only time this season when Wilson was given 15+ carries was against the Pats in week 7. He went 17/112/3. That, my friends, is the kind of upside that wins Championships. Prediction (if Mostert sits): 18/126/2

WR Cam Friggin' Sims - Redskins

Oh, yes, he's back again. After a breakout game against the Steelers two weeks ago, he came back down to earth last week. However, a date with the Seahawks secondary in week 15 is just what the doctor ordered to get the boxscore lighting up again. Seattle has bled points to opposing WR's all season (4th worst), and will, no doubt, be busy trying to keep McLaurin and McKissic in check....which should allow the 6' 5" beast to roam free. Washington will have to score some points in this game to keep their 4-game win streak alive, so look for the 1% owned Cam Friggin' Sims to make some noise for desperate playoff teams with the nads to start him. Prediction: 5/71/1

TE Tyler Higbee/Gerald Everett - Rams

I love to play matchups in the post-season, and none has a better one than Higbee/Everett, up against the league's worst fantasy defense against TE's....the Jets. Heck, they even gave up a TD to my man (not to mention Scoop-and-Play TE mention last week), Will Dissly. Of course, my preference would be Higbee, after his 3-TD explosion against the Eagles earlier this year, but he is more widely owned than Everett. Much like late last season, the Rams are trending towards 2 TE sets. In fact, they ran that formation on 70% of their plays last week, as they "rammed" the ball down the Pat's throats to control the clock. However, the Jets are not pushovers when it comes to RB's, having allowed only one RB to exceed 100 yards all year. So, if you are looking for a matchup-based TE this week, grab Higbee....but if he is already gone, you might try climbing Mount Everett. Predictions: Higbee 6/77/1 Everett 4/32/1

TE Irv Smith Jr - Vikes

Kyle Rudolph saw his consecutive game streak come to an end last week with a foot injury, opening the door for Irv Smith to come through with 63 yards and a TD. Assuming Rudolph is out again this week, Smith gets a very favorable draw against the Bears, who give up the 4th most fantasy points to TE's on the season, including 7/84/0 to Hockenson in week 13, 5/67/1 to Tonyan in week 12, and 4/63/0 to Rudolph the last time these teams met in week 11. Smith is only 7% rostered in Yahoo, so if Rudolph is unable to fly this week, hitch your sleigh up to Irv. Prediction: 5/53/1

Defense - Patriots

Do you trust The Hoodie? No? Well, let me rephrase: Do you trust the Hoodie's defense against rookie QB's? Indeed, the Pats defense has been a roller coaster ride this season, after years of being a pretty reliable weekly start. In fact, the Rams made em look pretty silly last week. However, let's not forget what they did to Herbert and the Chargers 2 weeks ago....in LA. They shut them out, and rolled up 35 defensive fantasy points in the league I play in. The Patriots playoff path is closing quickly, leaving them absolutely no room for error, so look for the Hoodie to focus his game plan on making Tua look like a rook....which should be made easier with injuries to the Fins main offensive standouts of Parker/Geiseki/Gaskin. So, do you trust The Hoodie? Prediction: 3 sacks/1 fumble/2 int's/1 defensive TD/10 points allowed

1 hour ago, stonewall said:

True enough, but i do own the copyright to the moniker "Cam Friggin' Sims".

Then you may have a claim, 'cause I'm pretty sure I saw some version of that in the "longshots" section of Fantasy Football Now about five weeks ago.

3 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Then you may have a claim, 'cause I'm pretty sure I saw some version of that in the "longshots" section of Fantasy Football Now about five weeks ago.

Indeed? Those unoriginal bastions must be reading my stuff.

D Jones

S Michel 

W Snead

J. Cook. 

Change, I’m picking Dalton, looks like D Jones might not play. 

Anyone have a good scoop and play QB for this week? I've suffered through the position all year after losing Dak and Burrow and play in a league where everyone rosters two QB's. I rolled with Tua last week with great results but have no confidence this week with all his pass catching options hurt and the rookie QB killer up in NE scheming up a plan as we speak. I'm thinking Drew Lock vs Buffalo or Nick Mullins vs Dallas might be a good play this week although I do fear Mullins getting yanked. Minshew is also an option vs the Ravens who are a little beat up on defense at the moment. Normally wouldn't ask for a QB streamer but it's playoff time! TIA. 

2 hours ago, AintNoStoppinMeNow said:

Anyone have a good scoop and play QB for this week? I've suffered through the position all year after losing Dak and Burrow and play in a league where everyone rosters two QB's. I rolled with Tua last week with great results but have no confidence this week with all his pass catching options hurt and the rookie QB killer up in NE scheming up a plan as we speak. I'm thinking Drew Lock vs Buffalo or Nick Mullins vs Dallas might be a good play this week although I do fear Mullins getting yanked. Minshew is also an option vs the Ravens who are a little beat up on defense at the moment. Normally wouldn't ask for a QB streamer but it's playoff time! TIA. 

Mitchy...

Like D Jones at Qb. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately both are rostered and my waiver claim wasn't high enough to get Hurts last week and I wasn't quick enough to add Taysom Hill when he was announced starter. But I appreciate the recommendations! I'm basically dumpster diving with these options: Tua, Lock, Mullens, Minshew, Dalton, Darnold, Chase Daniel and the like so you can see my dilemma in the semis. 

5 minutes ago, AintNoStoppinMeNow said:

I'm basically dumpster diving with these options: Tua, Lock, Mullens, Minshew, Dalton, Darnold, Chase Daniel and the like so you can see my dilemma in the semis. 

Probably be between Lock and Minshew for me.

Lock is so hard to trust, but definitely has upside against the Bills, since he will likely have to air it out to try and keep up.....and looked great last week doing it. His young WR's are starting to click.

Minshew is a wildcard, but he is auditioning for his future, has legit weapons, and has had great games in the past. Ravens have softened some also, as you mentioned...giving up 2 TD passes in 3 of the last 4 games. Heck, even Dalton went for 285/2 against them a couple weeks ago.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AintNoStoppinMeNow said:

Unfortunately both are rostered and my waiver claim wasn't high enough to get Hurts last week and I wasn't quick enough to add Taysom Hill when he was announced starter. But I appreciate the recommendations! I'm basically dumpster diving with these options: Tua, Lock, Mullens, Minshew, Dalton, Darnold, Chase Daniel and the like so you can see my dilemma in the semis. 

Mullens if you just want the best chance at a decent floor, but if you want to chase a ceiling Lock or Minshew.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the replies! I am strongly considering Mullens because the matchup is fantastic but again I am fearful of him possibly getting pulled for Beathard. I've already had that happen to me twice this season when I streamed QB (Trubisky vs ATL and Wentz vs GB). Last week my QB stream decision came down to Tua vs Mike Glennon and I was strongly considering Glennon and his amazing matchup but went with Tua because I had this fear of Glennon getting benched. Thankfully I made the right call and was able to advance in a very close matchup. I think I am going to lean Lock and will pay attention to the Baltimore defensive players practice reports this week to possibly pivot to Minshew if necessary. Thank you all and good luck in the FF playoffs. 

Michael Pittman Jr (if available or start him if you have him): Yeah, TY Hilton has had big games against Houston, just like 2 weeks ago... but the recent trend is that it only happens once a year.  In Hilton's first 2 seasons, he got at least 15.8 fantasy points (ppr), in each of the 4 games.  Since then, 2018 is the anomaly.  In 2018, he had 15.5 and 28.9,  but in....

• 2014, he had 37.3 and 9
  • 2015, 13.8 and 5.9
  • 2016, 7.9 and 26.5
  • 2017, 34.5 and 4.4
  • 2019, 19.4 and 4.8

Two weeks ago, he got 25 fantasy points.  In 5 of the last 6 years, one of the 2 games against Houston yielded less than 10 fantasy points.  I'm thinking that he has a rather pedestrian game this week and that Pittman will be the beneficiary.

1 hour ago, AintNoStoppinMeNow said:

I would go with Dalton. 

1 hour ago, stonewall said:

Lock is so hard to trust, but definitely has upside against the Bills, since he will likely have to air it out to try and keep up.....and looked great last week doing it. His young WR's are starting to click.

I hope he doesn't go too crazy in the last 3 games; I still have hopes of targeting him as my bargain basement top 10 QB next year.  What with Jeudy and Hamler coming along, Courtland Sutton returning, and Tim Patrick no slouch either, Noah Fant and two good pass-catching RBs, Lock's going to be the surprise QB of 2021--as long as he doesn't ruin the surprise over the last few weeks of 2020.

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I hope he doesn't go too crazy in the last 3 games; I still have hopes of targeting him as my bargain basement top 10 QB next year.  What with Jeudy and Hamler coming along, Courtland Sutton returning, and Tim Patrick no slouch either, Noah Fant and two good pass-catching RBs, Lock's going to be the surprise QB of 2021--as long as he doesn't ruin the surprise over the last few weeks of 2020.

If he follows his pattern from last year, he will do pretty well down the stretch.

Nevertheless, I don't think it will be enough to convince the vast majority of drafters to consider him as a possible top-10 option next season.

43 minutes ago, stonewall said:

If he follows his pattern from last year, he will do pretty well down the stretch.

Well, he only played down the stretch last year--the last 5 games of the season.  He axually did better in the first two than in the final three.

Late edition:

Tyron Johnson - Chargers

With the news that Williams is likely out, and Allen is expected to be "limited" if he does play, then that leaves Ekeler and Henry underneath, and Guyton and Johnson down the field. Johnson did well in relief duty last week, catching 6 of 7 passes for 55 yards and a TD. The Raiders will be without their starting safety and a starting corner, and the Vegas over/under for this game is 53....so points are expected to be scored. Not for the faint of heart, but Herbert's gotta throw to somebody, right? Prediction (if Allen and Williams sit or are very limited): 6/78/1

• Like 1

On 12/16/2020 at 9:29 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

Michael Pittman Jr (if available or start him if you have him): Yeah, TY Hilton has had big games against Houston, just like 2 weeks ago... but the recent trend is that it only happens once a year.  In Hilton's first 2 seasons, he got at least 15.8 fantasy points (ppr), in each of the 4 games.  Since then, 2018 is the anomaly.  In 2018, he had 15.5 and 28.9,  but in....

• 2014, he had 37.3 and 9
  • 2015, 13.8 and 5.9
  • 2016, 7.9 and 26.5
  • 2017, 34.5 and 4.4
  • 2019, 19.4 and 4.8

Two weeks ago, he got 25 fantasy points.  In 5 of the last 6 years, one of the 2 games against Houston yielded less than 10 fantasy points.  I'm thinking that he has a rather pedestrian game this week and that Pittman will be the beneficiary.

Im confused by the Pittman hype. 

He has close to sabotaged my team each of the past several weeks. 

Playoffs... Not startable.

On 12/15/2020 at 8:56 PM, stonewall said:

TE Irv Smith Jr - Vikes

Kyle Rudolph saw his consecutive game streak come to an end last week with a foot injury, opening the door for Irv Smith to come through with 63 yards and a TD. Assuming Rudolph is out again this week, Smith gets a very favorable draw against the Bears, who give up the 4th most fantasy points to TE's on the season, including 7/84/0 to Hockenson in week 13, 5/67/1 to Tonyan in week 12, and 4/63/0 to Rudolph the last time these teams met in week 11. Smith is only 7% rostered in Yahoo, so if Rudolph is unable to fly this week, hitch your sleigh up to Irv. Prediction: 5/53/1

Rudolph officially OUT....

On 12/15/2020 at 9:56 PM, stonewall said:

TE Irv Smith Jr - Vikes

Looking at Smith or Kmet this week now that Engram is injured, they may be the better play even if Engram was not hurt. Both of them don't have to contend with the starter as Rudolph and Graham are out. Conklin looked good though so I am wondering how it impacts Irv this week. I can go Cook is there as well. 

Edit- Picked up Smith

Scooped up Gabriel Davis and starting him. My team sucks, Finished 2nd to last in fantasy points by 4 points but snuck into the playoffs. Playing against the juggernaut team that scored the leagues most fantasy points. I'm swinging for the fences. He's projected to put up the same amount of fantasy points as any one on my bench or still on waivers. Just a gut feeling he'll have a big game today.  Then again that gut feeling maybe the tacos I had last night. 

I Have Ronald Jones, Joe Mixon, and Myles Gaskin on IR, so I'm left with Miles Sanders and recently I dropped Deandre Washington in favor of teammate Lynn Bowden...now hear my out and tell me what you think. My league is a TD heavy league and RB's get double points for receiving stats. I feel like with Gesicki out, other WRs banged up, Bowden is in line for a lot of targets. Last 2 weeks he was 4/4/41 and then 9/7/82. If he can get me 70 receiving yards, I would be ecstatic. Is my unique league setup worth a shot on Bowden or should I try something a little more traditional and go back to Washington?

Bowden. 

I have two this week.

1. WR Emmanuel Sanders-  no Thomas so Brees will look his way.                                             WR SANDERS- 7 recpt. 88 yds. 1TD.                          ***BONUS- Sanders might actually throw a TD as well. Hey, going against the Chiefs they're gonna have to pull all the tricks outta the bag.

2.WR DONOVAN PEOPLE-JONES-. heartbreak loss to the Ravens so I think DPJ finds the endzone this week.They won't need a ton of points against the Giants this week as the Cleveland defense is gonna smack them around a bit but Jones gets his td before first half is over.               DPJ-  6 catches 75 yds. 1 TD.

7 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

Scooped up Gabriel Davis and starting him. My team sucks, Finished 2nd to last in fantasy points by 4 points but snuck into the playoffs. Playing against the juggernaut team that scored the leagues most fantasy points. I'm swinging for the fences. He's projected to put up the same amount of fantasy points as any one on my bench or still on waivers. Just a gut feeling he'll have a big game today.  Then again that gut feeling maybe the tacos I had last night. 

Davis is usually a good play when John Brown is out.  I'm starting Davis myself in one $250 league this week, over the likes of Byrd, Tate, Fitzgerald and (thank God) Williams--but flexing Hines and Juju over Davis in the other.  Close calls, but Juju vs CIN, averaging 8.5 targets and 0.67 TDs per game the last 6 weeks--and Hines vs HOU's next-to-last run defense seem like better matchups than Davis at windy DEN.

Sony Michel has quietly moved up into the potential flex conversation this week, with the news that Harris is out and White is questionable.

Not a prime matchup against the Dolphins, but he must realize that this may be his last opportunity to make a statement to the organization about his worth. Should be a cinch for 18-20 carries and any goal line opportunities that Cam doesn't vulture.

1 hour ago, xenon said:

Higgins or Gage?  Who's the better PPR start?

Which Higgins? 

9 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Sony Michel has quietly moved up into the potential flex conversation this week, with the news that Harris is out and White is questionable.

Not a prime matchup against the Dolphins, but he must realize that this may be his last opportunity to make a statement to the organization about his worth. Should be a cinch for 18-20 carries and any goal line opportunities that Cam doesn't vulture.

Let me ask you another question? 

Michel, Fournette or B Cooks, flex spot non ppr? 

Just now, weepaws said:

Let me ask you another question? 

Michel, Fournette or B Cooks, flex spot non ppr? 

Tough one. It would be between Michel and Fournette....and I'm actually still debating that one for a flex spot on one of my teams in the semi's.

Yeah right now I’m going with Fournette, but Michael is so inviting to go with, White is questionable and no Harris. 

The biggest down side about Michael is the hoody, don’t ever know how he’s going to use his Rbs.  

Good luck. 

29 minutes ago, weepaws said:

The biggest down side about Michael is the hoody, don’t ever know how he’s going to use his Rbs.

Good luck.

That is the only thing that gives me pause.....

Good luck to you.

The downside of Fournette is that he was a healthy scratch behind McCoy and Vaughn last week, and could have 3 carries for 5 yards and a catch for 7 yards.  If you're starting him, you're hoping that he was a healthy scratch because of being too much of a duplicate of Jones' role--and that with Jones out, Fournette will step into that #1 role--but there's really no guarantee of that.  In fact, if anything, there are signs that it won't be the case (e.g., the healthy scratch).

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

The downside of Fournette is that he was a healthy scratch behind McCoy and Vaughn last week

Yep, Arians was bragging up Vaugn this week. Said he has "come on like gangbusters".

I expect Fournette to lead the way and be a startable flex, but wouldn't be shocked if they give Vaughn a long-awaited look.

Same with Sony....except the Pats are quickly running out of RB's for The Hoodie to jack with. No Harris, no Headburk, White hobbled a bit. If Cam wasn't such a goal line vulture, I would consider Sony an easy call for the flex.