Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Ronald Jones placed on COVID-19 list

We may see a bunch of Fournette this week...

Bucs coach Bruce Arians said he hoped Jones could return to practice Thursday or Friday as his finger healed. But now that timetable seems unlikely.

Jones is the fourth player to be quarantined this week either for testing positive for COVID-19 or coming into close contact with someone who has the virus.

On Tuesday, the Bucs placed placekicker Ryan Succop, punter Bradley Pinion and long snapper Zach Triner on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

Life in ff. 

2 hours ago, pee-diddy said:

Would be nucking futs to see Fournette go from healthy scratch Week 14 to playoff hero Week 15. 

It’ll happen.

I’ve played in the same $ league for 12 years.  I’ve made the semis 8 times.  I’ve never gotten past the semis in this league.

My opponent this weekend has Fournette in this league.  He’ll go for 30.

Expect Tampa to throw the ball 50 times on Sunday... about 10-15 rush attempts.  Expect a lot of empty backfields and big days from Miller and Godwin.

11 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Expect Tampa to throw the ball 50 times on Sunday... about 10-15 rush attempts.  Expect a lot of empty backfields and big days from Miller and Godwin.

Godwin doesn't have a single game this season with either 100 yards receiving, or multiple receiving touchdowns. He never reached 20 fantasy points in half ppr even one time. Why should anyone expect a "big day" from him now? A decent but underwhelming effort is much more likely...  

I see 15 plus rush att for Fournette. 

56 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Godwin doesn't have a single game this season with either 100 yards receiving, or multiple receiving touchdowns. He never reached 20 fantasy points in half ppr even one time. Why should anyone expect a "big day" from him now? A decent but underwhelming effort is much more likely...  

Because the Bucs aren't going to run the ball.  I expect about 5 to 7 carries from Fournette and about 3 to 5 from McCoy.  That's it.  Now, could there be more in the 4th Q because the Bucs are up a lot?  Yes, but that's what you're going to have to hope for if you start any Bucs RB.

Atlanta's pass defense stinks and they have a limited to below average pass rush.  In the first 3 Q's, the Bucs are going to throw the ball on virtually every down.  They're going to use underneath and crossing patterns early and those will be to Godwin, Miller, and Gronk.  I expect Godwin to have about 12+ targets and Gronk and Miller to be around 8+.

17 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I see 15 plus rush att for Fournette. 

Better hope the Bucs are by at least 3 scores in the 4th Q if you think he's getting that many.  I know you think Fournette is good, but he stinks.  He's actually a really bad RB.  Just ask @jrokh.  He said RB's who average 3.9 yards per carry aren't any good. 😉

But seriously, Tampa isn't going to run the ball that much.  Atlanta does have a pretty decent run defense and a really crappy pass defense.  Arians really wants to throw and Atlanta is the perfect opponent for his system.

15 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Better hope the Bucs are by at least 3 scores in the 4th Q if you think he's getting that many.  I know you think Fournette is good, but he stinks.  He's actually a really bad RB.  Just ask @jrokh.  He said RB's who average 3.9 yards per carry aren't any good. 😉

But seriously, Tampa isn't going to run the ball that much.  Atlanta does have a pretty decent run defense and a really crappy pass defense.  Arians really wants to throw and Atlanta is the perfect opponent for his system.

3.9 yards isn’t any good. Maybe we should ask the guy who said never trust a Wisconsin RB.... oh wait...

5 minutes ago, jrokh said:

3.9 yards isn’t any good. Maybe we should ask the guy who said never trust a Wisconsin RB.... oh wait...

Leonard Fournette is averaging 3.9 yards this year... behind the same line with the same team that Jones is averaging 5.0.

Still don't.  I'm not trusting any Wisconsin RB in his first year to be my RB1.  I believe that thread was about someone taking Taylor in the first 2 rounds.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

Still don't.  I'm not trusting any Wisconsin RB in his first year to be my RB1.

Well then you have been missing out on the glory of Jonathan Taylor the last few weeks, who has been light years better in fantasy than anyone on Tampa...

1 minute ago, jrokh said:

Well then you have been missing out on the glory of Jonathan Taylor the last few weeks, who has been light years better in fantasy than anyone on Tampa...

LOL, he has what, 2 fantasy points more than Ronald Jones this year?  Guess Jones is an RB1 also.

I think they’ll actually run more then we think. 

Half of Jones games he’s played in , he’s avg less then 3.9 per rush. 

In the three games Fournette has had 10 plus rush att, he’s avg 5.5 yards per att. 

He needs to stay healthy and get the ball, his usage in the passing game makes him a really good flex play this weekend. 

Good luck to everyone this weekend. 

7 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

LOL, he has what, 2 fantasy points more than Ronald Jones this year?  Guess Jones is an RB1 also.

Last few weeks is what I wrote. Just when Fantasy owners need it the most. What has Godwin done all season to deserve a proclamation of a “big game”? Bupkus...

44 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Last few weeks is what I wrote. Just when Fantasy owners need it the most. What has Godwin done all season to deserve a proclamation of a “big game”? Bupkus...

Yeah, 18 and 17 were real bupkus, right?  Whatever.

I think Fournette is FLEX worthy as well and could surprise Week 15. I’d hope this guy plays with a chip on his shoulder. The matchup couldn’t be better because Tampa should be playing with a lead. And even if they aren’t, Fournette should be good for at least a few receptions. My only fear is the potential for a lack of volume if other RBs are in the mix. 

This has split backfield written all over it. McCoy may be in his last year. If yes, he’s not wanting to get hurt.

If Bucs get ahead they might have Fournette eat some clock.

8 minutes ago, Super Cubs said:

Fournette took a prove it deal this season with TB and now's his chance. 

I think the results of the "prove it" deal were tallied with his healthy scratch last week.

On 12/17/2020 at 10:32 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

Godwin 4-36-1, Miller 3-20-0, Fournette- 14-49-2, 3-16-0. Is there a bigger homer who knows less about their own team as you? Doubt it...

Fournette wasn’t great, but he did have a good ff day, and one rush att short of 15. 

Now I benched him , but I hope those who didn’t won. 

7 hours ago, jrokh said:

Godwin 4-36-1, Miller 3-20-0, Fournette- 14-49-2, 3-16-0. Is there a bigger homer who knows less about their own team as you? Doubt it...

Still know more than you.

It was pretty accurate except the wrong receivers.  45 pass attempts with 3 sacks.  And 16 rush attempts minus kneel downs.