crackills

Herbert still a must start?

with all the injuries to Chargers WRs... and Herbert struggling a bit of late.. is he still a must start this week?

With Williams out ... i am thinking Goff might be the better play

Interesting, I have both Goff and Herbert also. 

Im still going with Herbert.  

I think both of them have good matchups, but Goff is avg 10 points at home , and that is a bother 

I think they run and dominate the Jets with their def.  

And I think Herbert even without his two starting WRs , will produce vs the Raiders.  

Good luck with this tough decision. 

Yeah... i think you're right.. i am going to roll with herbert here and hope for the best. Mcvay will take the ball out of Goffs hand and just run all day

I have Herbert and Hurts. If Allen sits I’ll likely put in Hurts. It’s a concern even if Allen plays that he’s limited or forced to leave the game.

The Raiders D is banged up so it seems like a decent matchup. Herbert hasn’t been lighting the world on fire lately though.

56 minutes ago, uwmalcolm said:

I have Herbert and Hurts. If Allen sits I’ll likely put in Hurts. It’s a concern even if Allen plays that he’s limited or forced to leave the game.

The Raiders D is banged up so it seems like a decent matchup. Herbert hasn’t been lighting the world on fire lately though.

I have the same and plan to play Hurts even if Allen plays.

11 minutes ago, Bad Mojo said:

Hard decision but benching Herbert for L. Jackson vs JAX

Same....but hoping for a bounce-back game outta Herbert.

May need him next week against Denver.

53 minutes ago, Bad Mojo said:

Hard decision but benching Herbert for L. Jackson vs JAX

That doesn’t seem like a hard decision.  It could go either way of course like all things fantasy but I’d bet on Jackson. 

5 hours ago, Byrdman5 said:

I have the same and plan to play Hurts even if Allen plays.

Allen and Williams are starting but on pitch counts. I’m going with Herbert. Good luck to us both!  I hope Hurts looks great so I can start him next week if needed. 

3 hours ago, uwmalcolm said:

Allen and Williams are starting but on pitch counts. I’m going with Herbert. Good luck to us both!  I hope Hurts looks great so I can start him next week if needed. 

Looks like you make the right decision with that last OT drive. Hope Hurts doesn’t cost me the game.

7 minutes ago, Byrdman5 said:

Looks like you make the right decision with that last OT drive. Hope Hurts doesn’t cost me the game.

Yeah the 2nd half was horrible for Herbert. Got lucky in OT. Hope Hurts gets 40 for you!  Herbert and Waller was a good start to the week for me. 

Yep. One league I started Herbert, Ekeler.and.Henter Henry not looking back. Opponent  started , oops,.Keenan Allen. Well Allen was a must start anyway. Sorry he went out early with his injury. Unless I have a better option at QB in the playoffs(Mahomes, Rodgers) to mention a few, I.definitely start.Herbert with confidence.

On 12/17/2020 at 8:43 AM, weepaws said:

Interesting, I have both Goff and Herbert also. 

Im still going with Herbert.  

I think both of them have good matchups, but Goff is avg 10 points at home , and that is a bother 

I think they run and dominate the Jets with their def.  

And I think Herbert even without his two starting WRs , will produce vs the Raiders.  

Good luck with this tough decision. 

Good call.. started Herbert and happy I did... although i think Goff will be fine also.

8 hours ago, crackills said:

Good call.. started Herbert and happy I did... although i think Goff will be fine also.

Thank you, I’m glad you made the right pick, congrats, and Goff wasn’t good. 

On 12/17/2020 at 8:48 PM, uwmalcolm said:

Yeah the 2nd half was horrible for Herbert. Got lucky in OT. Hope Hurts gets 40 for you!  Herbert and Waller was a good start to the week for me. 

Hurts did get you 40 (41 in my league at least), so he was the right call over Herbert (31 pts).  Next week Herbert vs the weakened Denver D and Hurts vs the suspect Dallas D will be an interesting decision. 

1 hour ago, uwmalcolm said:

Hurts did get you 40 (41 in my league at least), so he was the right call over Herbert (31 pts).  Next week Herbert vs the weakened Denver D and Hurts vs the suspect Dallas D will be an interesting decision. 

Will have to make decision myself....

Wow great game today, thank you Jesus.