Sign in to follow this  
RepoPatrol

Go with Keenan Allen tonight?

Big semi-final game. Do I go with Allen if he is active and supposedly limited or do I put in Gage (also have Julio on bench - doubtful), Watkins, or Jacobi?. Other 2 receivers are Cooks and Cooper.

Edit: Not a great situation to be in for the Fantasy playoffs

Cooper n

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Chargers are "concerned" it won't have Keenan Allen (hamstring) available for Week 15 against the Raiders.

6 minutes ago, stonewall said:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Chargers are "concerned" it won't have Keenan Allen (hamstring) available for Week 15 against the Raiders.

Thus the reason for this thread. Other sources say that if he plays he will be limited? So my question is what to do if he plays?

1 minute ago, RepoPatrol said:

Thus the reason for this thread. Other sources say that if he plays he will be limited? So my question is what to do if he plays?

It is my personal policy to never start a guy that is that iffy.

However, if in pregame he looks to be running and cutting normally, I couldn't blame a guy for starting him. He is in a smash spot, after all.

8 minutes ago, stonewall said:

It is my personal policy to never start a guy that is that iffy.

However, if in pregame he looks to be running and cutting normally, I couldn't blame a guy for starting him. He is in a smash spot, after all.

This makes a lot of sense. If you decide not to go with him, I'd say Gage.

Looks like he is going to play, as well as Williams. Going to roll the dice with him. Gotta stick with what got me here. May end up playing Gage over Cooks though.

I pulled Allen. Didn't want to because I don't think Juju or Higgins is better but I'd hate in the playoffs to put a dude in there who is on a snap count (according to sources) and get like 3 catches for 30 yards. 

18 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

I pulled Allen. Didn't want to because I don't think Juju or Higgins is better but I'd hate in the playoffs to put a dude in there who is on a snap count (according to sources) and get like 3 catches for 30 yards. 

Disaster averted...

I somehow survived Allen and Cooper this week. Was down 11 points before last night and browns got me 16 vs. 2.9 for my opponent's Gallman and eeked out a 2 point victory to advance to the league's Superbowl. I got lucky as hell, but thankfully most everyone else came through (Mahones, Robinson, Montgomery, Swift, Blankenship, Browns, Cooks (not so much). Now to figure out my trainwreck of a receiver corps for next week. Can you actually start Gage, Jacobi and Sammy Watkins as your WR's in a Super Bowl?

Sure one can. 

9 hours ago, RepoPatrol said:

Can you actually start Gage, Jacobi and Sammy Watkins as your WR's in a Super Bowl?

Yes, but I sure wouldn't recommend it.