Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Stimulus approved...

300 a week for 10 weeks for non workers..

600 1 time for people who work

Sounds fair (sarcastic)  sorry..

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

Democrats admitted to delaying stimulus to hurt the American people.

Disgusting evil people ADAB

10 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

300 a week for 10 weeks for non workers..

600 1 time for people who work

Sounds fair (sarcastic)  sorry..

Really well said. 

Roomies were like don't look for work! Don't get another job! And financially, they're right. Some of these suckers havent worked forever. I would rather shoot myself than live that way. 

10 hours ago, frank said:

I’m buying bitcoin and baseball cards. :banana:

Stocking up on toilet paper & vodka 

Stimulus and unemployment are two different things. I don’t know why anyone who hasn’t missed a paycheck like the useless teachers and other government employees are getting anything at all.  But the guy out of work because of the chinavirus should be getting unemployment. It’s not their fault the government has shut everything down. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Stimulus and unemployment are two different things. I don’t know why anyone who hasn’t missed a paycheck like the useless teachers and other government employees are getting anything at all.  But the guy out of work because of the chinavirus should be getting unemployment. It’s not their fault the government has shut everything down. 

This 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Add social security recipients.  Nothing has changed in their lives, why should they get more $$

Just now, supermike80 said:

Add social security recipients.  Nothing has changed in their lives, why should they get more $$

If they were working and lost their job they should. You can do both. If not then no. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

If they were working and lost their job they should. You can do both. If not then no. 

Agreed.  Yes of course.    

12 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

The idea is they go spend it. It’s just a way of getting a bunch of $$ out in the economy and to people who will actually spend it rather than simply hoard it 

Just now, IGotWorms said:

The idea is they go spend it. It’s just a way of getting a bunch of $$ out in the economy and to people who will actually spend it rather than simply hoard it 

I actually don't think that's the idea with this one.  

22 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

:wave:

“$600 for 300 million Americans is $180 billion. The stimulus bill that’s about to pass is $900 billion total. That means 80% of the stimulus money is going to special interests and government programs while the average person gets the crumbs.”

Our government working hard for the American people.  Lol

Is the $600 pro-rated based on your income like they did with the $1200 checks?  Maybe I can use the few measly dollars to go out to dinner. Oh wait... :mad:

6 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Really well said. 

Roomies were like don't look for work! Don't get another job! And financially, they're right. Some of these suckers havent worked forever. I would rather shoot myself than live that way. 

How about before you bite the bullet you just go and vote different?  Then go and do whatever.

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

The stimulous should be: Focking go work, everything is open now. Plenty of jobs out there.

Schools aren’t open. When that happens I agree. 

I thought unemployment was enough to live on??  I honestly have never not worked nor do I associate with non workers.

Why do they need 1200 extra a month?

So this pile of worthless dogshit, pelosi called $600 'significant'. In 2018, she called the $1000 that was handed out by corporations, 'crumbs'.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

The stimulous should be: Focking go work, everything is open now. Plenty of jobs out there.

After I get $600.

1 minute ago, Cloaca du jour said:

I thought unemployment was enough to live on??  I honestly have never not worked nor do I associate with non workers.

It’s like a couple of hundred dollars a week in some states. I don’t get this going after people who can’t work or work as much because of something they had no control over. It’s not welfare. 

This bill is 6k pages long. Fock that. Trump should veto it and tell them to CTS and take the garbage out of the bill. It should be about 5 pages long if it’s just about Covid. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

This bill is 6k pages long. Fock that. Trump should veto it and tell them to CTS and take the garbage out of the bill. It should be about 5 pages long if it’s just about Covid. 

But how would we send billions to Israel?

9 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Here is why. The govt is completely incompetent. Absolutely no way they could ever send money to only those in need. They would inevitably miss some that are out of work. So when they screw up and miss some that should get the $300 a week or whatever, they will at least get $600.

1 minute ago, lod001 said:

Here is why. The govt is completely incompetent. Absolutely no way they could ever send money to only those in need. They would inevitably miss some that are out of work. So when they screw up and miss some that should get the $300 a week or whatever, they will at least get $600.

For sure. But we can’t treat people who lost their job like they are bums on welfare or scamming disability. 

3 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

I am on unemployment. Have been since May when I got laid off. I have had probably 50 interviews and have got probably 600 rejection letters. Nothing yet but I look daily. I will happily take the extra money as Michigan pays 1448 a month. I live pretty small and with my rent and bills I end up spending 1475 a month with no room for error.  This will jump me up to about 1k less  bring home than I make full time each month when employed. I had hoped my boss would call me back by now but it is not looking like it going to happen. I want to work though and had a few good interviews last week that might turn into more. 

I did save almost all the money from the 600 a week though and have about 4k in cash left after being off 7 months  so I have not been in any danger of being under water at this point. 

4 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Couple things. 

1.  Unemployment is *meant* to be a bridge from one job to another.  It is no way meant to be enough to live on per se.

2.  Government and market factors due to Covid have shut businesses down or at least cut revenue in half or less.  See gyms, restaurants, travel, on and on.   Some people in those professions have no viable place to go right now.  Plus kids are home, schools closed.  Whats a single mom supposed to do?  

Bottom line is this Covid stuff is different than regular unemployment thinking.  The extra $300 passes the smell test and is needed.  The extra $600 per week was overkill and a knee jerk amount.  

Same can be said for PPP loans, if actually given out like they are intended.  Makes sense.  

What I do think is a bit overkill is the extra $600 per person for "stimulus".  Meh.  Not really needed as the unemployed are already getting helped.  

1 hour ago, kilroy69 said:

I am on unemployment. Have been since May when I got laid off. I have had probably 50 interviews and have got probably 600 rejection letters. Nothing yet but I look daily. I will happily take the extra money as Michigan pays 1448 a month. I live pretty small and with my rent and bills I end up spending 1475 a month with no room for error.  This will jump me up to about 1k less  bring home than I make full time each month when employed. I had hoped my boss would call me back by now but it is not looking like it going to happen. I want to work though and had a few good interviews last week that might turn into more. 

I did save almost all the money from the 600 a week though and have about 4k in cash left after being off 7 months  so I have not been in any danger of being under water at this point. 

Congrats on being smart with your money to be able to handle a tough time. Too bad too many people aren't that way.

• Like 1

i don't think we are ever coming out of this lock down.  the new strain of covid and the new huge unemployment weekly bonus just points that way.  i think a lot of people are going to be living in their cars and trucks on the side of the road.  i see more and more of it already as the weeks go by.

700,000,000.00 that's SEVEN HUNDRED MILLION for the Sudan. 

Veto this focking bill. What a slap in the face to americans. 

8 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

700,000,000.00 that's SEVEN HUNDRED MILLION for the Sudan. 

Veto this focking bill. What a slap in the face to americans. 

Cant see how that’s possible. The whole bill is like a trillion. Still should be vetoed because it’s 6k pages long. Complexity favors the well connected. Just look at our tax laws.