Sign in to follow this  
TheUsualSuspect

Steelers at Bengals: MNF Discussion

26 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

AFC is setting up to be showdown between Chiefs and Bills. I think the Steelers are frauds.

Had that showdown in Week 9.

(Chiefs won.)

Had to switch over to the ESPN stream instead of the NFL network stream.  Kay Adams is hot and all, but I can't watch another "Another Perfect Football Saturday" commercial.  I'd rather just get the ESPN logo and the "Commercial break. We'll be right back" with elevator music.

3 minutes ago, stonewall said:

...and after 5 weeks of jack squat, Bernard shows up against the Steelers....after I dropped him, of course.

Sure coulda used those 16+ first half points.

guy in the opposite bracket from me in the playoffs was forced to pick up and  use Gio when elliott was scratched and needed him to score 15 points for him to win. He is sitting on 17 points to push him into the ship.

53 minutes ago, nobody said:

Juju gave a team that didn't have anything to play for motivation by challenging their manhood.  Maybe now that they blew up Juju they'll consider the score settled.

A+

36 minutes ago, nobody said:

What is Finley doing with his mouth?  He seems to be doing this permanent teeth grinding grimace for some reason.

Ha! I’ve been thinking the same thing.  He has a constant look of pain on his face. 

Griese keeps saying that Roethlisberger had Claypool on the post route.  I don't think he did.  The safety bailed on Claypool because he was throwing to Ebron, and the other safety was ranging over.  He might've been able to fit that in, but it wouldn't be a wide open window by any means.

36 minutes ago, nobody said:

What is Finley doing with his mouth?  He seems to be doing this permanent teeth grinding grimace for some reason.

Ha! I’ve been thinking the same thing.  He has a constant look of pain on his face. 

Bengals are going to need to run some play action on first.  You can't handoff every single first down.

Finley is underthrowing these open receivers too much.  That's the 3rd one.

Let's see what run the Bengals go with on this first down.  My guess is inside zone.

Well they called a pass, but why come out in spread?  You've literally run on 10 straight first downs.  Play action?

Blatant block in the back on the Steppers on punt return not called.  They haven't called much this game though, so I guess it's in context.

My guy MacFarland got a couple of touches, you can tell he's fast, but I think he needs to calm his feet a little bit and be a little more decisive once the hole opens up.  Too bad Leveon isn't there.

37 minutes ago, BuschWack said:

Finley has a constant look of pain on his face. 

Just practicing up for that hit he knew was coming eventually....and just did

Seriously, where the heck has this Bernard been the last 5 weeks???

12 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Seriously, where the heck has this Bernard been the last 5 weeks???

Steelers are down to backup safeties playing linebacker.  That probably has something to do with  it too.

Nice play by Minkah, he saw that same zone read too many times and sold out to stop Finley.  Bengals should've seen that and if they have been doing there job, they should have some counter action in their play book to take advantage of that.   

I thought Claypool got interfered there in real time, but the replay looked fairly clean.

Bengals line up in shotgun and get 5 yards on a run in a bleed the clock situation.  Steelers should be ashamed of themselves.  The chances they throw there are exactly 0%

Bengals come out to try and draw them off on 4th down.  Griese oblivious as usual.

"I like the call.  You have to trust your offense"

After what the Jets did yesterday and the planets aligning on this night in 2020, I put 20 bucks on a straight-up Bengals win.

Bank it...lol

12 minutes ago, stonewall said:

After what the Jets did yesterday and the planets aligning on this night in 2020, I put 20 bucks on a straight-up Bengals win.

Bank it...lol

Not so fast...

Apparently the Steelers are claiming widespread touchdown fraud, and refuse to concede the win to the Bengals.

"It's statistically impossible for a 2-10-1 team to beat a 10-2 team," Mike Tomlin said.  "It just doesn't happen.  They needed to stop counting the points, but they didn't."

Tomlin also alleged that the Bengals unloaded a truckload of defensive backs onto the field in the first quarter, rendering the Steelers unable to complete a pass--but he did not offer any evidence whatsoever.

Tomlin believes that once the illegal TDs are thrown out and the legal TDs are verified, the Steelers will win in a rout.

Otherwise, Tomlin will seek to call a special league vote to overturn the results of the game.

3 hours ago, stonewall said:

Bank it...lol

Congrats 

12 hours ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

1. For PIT D to not score 24+ points tonight.

2. Juju to get food poisoning.

The sushi I sent to his hotel room worked.

I’m playing for 2 Ships.

Third string Cincy QB goes 7-13 for 89 yards. Yet without their top 2 QBs, top RB, and top WR, 2-10-1 Cincy scores 27 against the Steelers DST.

Forget 11-0, Steelers are one of the worst 11-3 teams ever.

Coaching as been their biggest problem 

10 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Not so fast...

Apparently the Steelers are claiming widespread touchdown fraud, and refuse to concede the win to the Bengals.

"It's statistically impossible for a 2-10-1 team to beat a 10-2 team," Mike Tomlin said.  "It just doesn't happen.  They needed to stop counting the points, but they didn't."

Tomlin also alleged that the Bengals unloaded a truckload of defensive backs onto the field in the first quarter, rendering the Steelers unable to complete a pass--but he did not offer any evidence whatsoever.

Tomlin believes that once the illegal TDs are thrown out and the legal TDs are verified, the Steelers will win in a rout.

Otherwise, Tomlin will seek to call a special league vote to overturn the results of the game.

Give it a rest. There’s another board for that stuff. Thanks. 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Coaching as been their biggest problem 

This game exposed the Bengals coaching inability to rally their players. Took JuJu to get them to perform.

4 hours ago, RepoPatrol said:

This game exposed the Bengals coaching inability to rally their players. Took JuJu to get them to perform.

Last four games as exposed the Steelers coaching staff as being below avg.  

Over the years no team as done less with s much talent as they have.  

10 hours ago, RepoPatrol said:

Parcels and a Bellicheck aren’t ra ra guys. They are do your job or you don’t play guys. I like that kind of guy better.