fandandy

What is your favorite show that most have never heard of?

5 minutes ago, kutulu said:

Should have went it's also on the dark side of the moon

:doublethumbsup:

Still feels like  Yosemite is not getting the Crowds or press it deserves. Same with animal kingdom. And even Graceland was good until it wasn't.

Police Squad!

And, movies that old time Gangster series with Dennis Farina? It was like a 1940s version of Miami Vice.

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

The Yankee Workshop - Norm is ridiculous, dude has every carpentry tool you can think of - a pure genius. 

Used to love watching that guy on a Saturday afternoon laying on the couch.  Get up to grab a snack, the handle falls off the cupboard door.  Yeah, I'll get to that later...

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

When It's Your Move was on, my house was a Nielsen family and I would turn every TV in the house on and tune into that show, trying to boost the ratings.  Sadly it didn't work....great show though.

Lol well you tried and being on Saturday was a death sentence from the get go. Great as that was The Complete Savages was just as good if not better, Friday night end that as well.

28 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Police Squad!

And, movies that old time Gangster series with Dennis Farina? It was like a 1940s version of Miami Vice.

Crime Story and was cool and can watch for free on Tubbi Tv

• Thanks 1

I used to like SportsNight, but it only had a short run.  I remember telling people that I liked that show and them saying either "I don't watch sports channels" or "What show is that?"

I don't really watch too much television these days, so all of the ones I know about are the popular ones.

I have mentioned it in the streaming thread, but Restaurants on the Edge is very good. 

It is a restaurant makeover show with the premise that most of the restaurants with amazing views tend to have mediocre food.

It's like the Ramsey shows and Bar Rescue, without the drama. Three experts (a chef, a designer, and marketer) dive into the area and help the owners recreate their restaurants.

Restaurants on the Edge

19 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Police Squad!

Police Squad! was incredible...

Farina was in Crime Story, another good series...

9 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I used to like SportsNight, but it only had a short run.  I remember telling people that I liked that show and them saying either "I don't watch sports channels" or "What show is that?"

Another quality show...  Should have got a lot more than two seasons...

Quark. 

The show was set on a United Galaxy Sanitation Patrol Cruiser, an interstellar garbage scow operating out of United Galaxies Space Station Perma One in the year 2226. Adam Quark, the main character, works to clean up trash in space by collecting "space baggies" with his trusted and highly unusual crew.

In its short run, Quark satirized such science fiction as Star Wars, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Lost in Space, Buck Rogers, and Flash Gordon.[1] Three of the episodes were direct parodies of Star Trek episodes.[1]

Strolling down memory lane with this thread. Kudos to Orphan Black, Sledge Hammer!, It's Your Move, Red Dwarf, Sports Night, etc.

I'll toss in two more obscure shows.

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency. Very loosely based on Douglas Adams novels, who wrote Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy 5 part series. Hey, Elijah Wood is a major character. Very bizarre, very tricky plot pacing. Dry humor. Lasted two seasons, on BBC America, the same channel that gave us Orphan Black.

Millennium. A loose spinoff from X-Files, on a profiler, which predated Criminal Minds and similar procedural shows. Three seasons, but I think they could have ended it after the second season. Creepy show, well acted by the lead Lance Hendrickson.

Do  I even need to add Fawlty Towers? Everyone has seen those episodes, right? There are only 12. God Bless John Cleese and his co-workers for wonderful entertainment.

On 12/23/2020 at 10:52 PM, wiffleball said:

On 12/23/2020 at 11:21 PM, BeenHereBefore said:

Crime Story and was cool and can watch for free on Tubbi Tv

The opening was great,as I recall the series was the brainchild of Michael Mann who was also behind Miami Vice and one of personal favorite directors with such movies as Thief,Manhunter,Last of The Mohicans('92) and The Keep.

• Thanks 1

On 12/23/2020 at 8:50 PM, wiffleball said:

Still feels like  Yosemite is not getting the Crowds or press it deserves. Same with animal kingdom. And even Graceland was good until it wasn't.

Animal Planet < Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.

On 12/23/2020 at 6:08 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

I know people have heard of it, but it seems nobody watches Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia. One of my all time favorites. Danny Devito is a pisser. 

The Nightman cometh is an all timer

I know this is about series, but a movie by the name of Coherence ended up being one of the better movies I have seen recently. It came out in 2014. One of the better mind ##### psychological movies I have seen.

On 12/23/2020 at 3:08 PM, fandandy said:

mine too......that was going to be my answer, very surprised to see you say it.

10 years or so I watched it all the time.......just revisited it last month on Youtube. I see they have an animated version as well. It's the all time biggest show in Canada.

6 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

mine too......that was going to be my answer, very surprised to see you say it.

10 years or so I watched it all the time.......just revisited it last month on Youtube. I see they have an animated version as well. It's the all time biggest show in Canada.

Amazon Prime has every season, with commercials.  I stumbled across it a couple of years ago, started and never finished episode 1.  From that point on it was always on my scroll and one day I pressed play and kept watching.  I fell in love with it.  Watched every episode at least once.  Clean, funny, light.  Oscar cracks me up.  Just a great show.  I have never watched the cartoon nor the movie though. 

• Like 1

Great bunch of characters, glad I'm not alone on this. I know years ago I started a thread here about it.

On 12/23/2020 at 6:58 PM, Thornton Melon said:

I loved that show. Hell, even my mother liked that show. I remember watching it with her a few times.

On a business trip in '87 near San Fran, I was in a laundromat watching it with an Asian guy. He was laughing his ass off.

+ 3 I loved that show to.

Trust me. I know what I'm doing!

:lol:

1 hour ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Warehouse 13

Fringe

Dark Matter

How was the Fringe?

We were X-Files fan's back in the day, but never watched this one. I've been debating picking this up for a winter binge.

47 minutes ago, Kopy said:

How was the Fringe?

We were X-Files fan's back in the day, but never watched this one. I've been debating picking this up for a winter binge.

Fringe is awesome.  And not just because of Anna Torv. :wub:

1 hour ago, Kopy said:

How was the Fringe?

Its awesome!!  Had spock in it.  The guy who played the mad scientist should have won multiple awards..he was brilliant!!

9 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Its awesome!!  Had spock in it.  The guy who played the mad scientist should have won multiple awards..he was brilliant!!

Did it have a suitable ending? Nothing's worse than a really good show, but a crappy finish. 

Just now, Kopy said:

Did it have a suitable ending? Nothing's worse than a really good show, but a crappy finish. 

Yes...ended well

9 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

👆🏻 Called it :lol: 

Thought you had me on ignore? Took you two minutes to respond and no one quoted me. Liar.  Lol.