BeenHereBefore

Mr. Heater AKA My Buddy

I have one of those little ones and love it but everyone is buying up all those little green Coleman propane tanks! I can't even use it now cause of this.

• Like 1

crazy.....they've somehow doubled in price this last year or so

3 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

crazy.....they've somehow doubled in price this last year or so

That is crazy as well and you can't find any here. People are hoarding them.

• Like 1

I've never done it and am unsure how safe it would be but you can refill them from a 20 lb cylinder using an adapter.  

https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Heater-Propane-Refill-Adapter/dp/B000AMC5WO

A customer told me to put the empty 1lb cylinder in the freezer before filling.  Might be worth googling how to do it if you are in need of these.

eta:  I also think the shortage is partly to do with pot.  These stoners around here buy butane like crazy and I assume some have figured out a way to use propane instead.

20 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I've never done it and am unsure how safe it would be but you can refill them from a 20 lb cylinder using an adapter.  

https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Heater-Propane-Refill-Adapter/dp/B000AMC5WO

A customer told me to put the empty 1lb cylinder in the freezer before filling.  Might be worth googling how to do it if you are in need of these.

eta:  I also think the shortage is partly to do with pot.  These stoners around here buy butane like crazy and I assume some have figured out a way to use propane instead.

I know about that and to dangerous for me to try. Would be cheaper though and didn't know about the stoners. I will have to smoke up soon thinking about them. Thanks man! Merry Christmas!

On 12/24/2020 at 10:40 PM, BeenHereBefore said:

I know about that and to dangerous for me to try. Would be cheaper though and didn't know about the stoners. I will have to smoke up soon thinking about them. Thanks man! Merry Christmas!

We use them in fish houses all the time here in Minnesota. Safer than safe. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, joneo said:

We use them in fish houses all the time here in Minnesota. Safer than safe. 

Do you mean refilling them is safe?

9 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Do you mean refilling them is safe?

Using them is safe. refilling large propane tanks are safe. Tough to fill those small ones but I understand it can be done. 

On 12/24/2020 at 8:41 PM, BeenHereBefore said:

I have one of those little ones and love it but everyone is buying up all those little green Coleman propane tanks! I can't even use it now cause of this.

You needed a heater to replace your old "My Buddy"?

On 12/27/2020 at 10:16 PM, joneo said:

Using them is safe. refilling large propane tanks are safe. Tough to fill those small ones but I understand it can be done. 

Easy to refill the green tanks, just need the adapter.   The problem is that the green tanks tend to leak after you refill them.

Just buy the right hose and run it off a 20lb tank. 

• Like 1