Utilit99

Atheists: How stupid are people really?

Shlt- This is just part one of an ongoing series...

Atheists, particularly the secular left, have used violence and oppression to promote atheism.

Historically, atheism has generally been an integral part of communist ideology (see: Atheism and communism). According to the University of Cambridge, historically, the "most notable spread of atheism was achieved through the success of the 1917 Russian Revolution, which brought the Marxist-Leninists to power."[1] Under atheistic communism tens of millions of people were killed and many people were tortured (see: Atheism and mass murder and Atheistic communism and torture).

The irreligious also have higher rates of domestic violence (see: Irreligion and domestic violence).

In addition, there is the issue of excess alcohol usage and violence and irreligious societies have significant problems with alcoholism (see: Atheism and alcoholism).[2]

Furthermore, there the historical incident of the mass rape during the occupation of Germany committed by the Soviet army.

Additionally, there are the issues of atheism and forced labor and atheism and slavery.

Atheistic communism and mass murder/torture

Atheism and mass murder

See also: Atheism and Mass Murder and Atheist atrocities

It is estimated that in the past 100 years, governments under the banner of atheistic communism have caused the death of somewhere between 40,472,000 and 259,432,000 human lives.[3] Dr. R. J. Rummel, professor emeritus of political science at the University of Hawaii, is the scholar who first coined the term democide (death by government). Dr. R. J. Rummel's mid estimate regarding the loss of life due to communism is that communism caused the death of approximately 110,286,000 people between 1917 and 1987.[4]

Apparently it was just an amazing coincidence that every Communist of historical note publicly declared his atheism … .there have been twenty-eight countries in world history that can be confirmed to have been ruled by regimes with avowed atheists at the helm … These twenty-eight historical regimes have been ruled by eighty-nine atheists, of whom more than half have engaged in democidal acts of the sort committed by Stalin and Mao …

The total body count for the ninety years between 1917 and 2007 is approximately 148 million dead at the bloody hands of fifty-two atheists, three times more than all the human beings killed by war, civil war, and individual crime in the entire twentieth century combined.

The historical record of collective atheism is thus 182,716 times worse on an annual basis than Christianity’s worst and most infamous misdeed, the Spanish Inquisition. It is not only Stalin and Mao who were so murderously inclined, they were merely the worst of the whole Hell-bound lot. For every Pol Pot whose infamous name is still spoken with horror today, there was a Mengistu, a Bierut, and a Choibalsan, godless men whose names are now forgotten everywhere but in the lands they once ruled with a red hand.

Is a 58 percent chance that an atheist leader will murder a noticeable percentage of the population over which he rules sufficient evidence that atheism does, in fact, provide a systematic influence to do bad things? If that is not deemed to be conclusive, how about the fact that the average atheist crime against humanity is 18.3 million percent worse than the very worst depredation committed by Christians, even though atheists have had less than one-twentieth the number of opportunities with which to commit them. If one considers the statistically significant size of the historical atheist set and contrasts it with the fact that not one in a thousand religious leaders have committed similarly large-scale atrocities, it is impossible to conclude otherwise, even if we do not yet understand exactly why this should be the case. Once might be an accident, even twice could be coincidence, but fifty-two incidents in ninety years reeks of causation![5][6]

Atheistic communism and torture

See also: Atheistic communism and torture

The website Victimsofcommunism.org declares concerning atheistic communism and the use of torture:

Significantly, communists did not merely try to block or halt religious faith but to reverse it. This was particularly true for Romania, even before the Nicolai Ceausescu era. This meant not just forbidding religious practice and jailing ministers and believers but employing torture to force them to renounce their faith. It was not enough to contain, silence, even punish believers in prison; it was decided they must be tortured in truly unimaginably degrading ways to attempt to undo religious faith.[7]

The Naxalites are a Marxist-Leninist group that have been designated as terrorists by the Government of India; because they seek to establish an atheist state, they have inflicted violence against Christians, including beheading clergy in front of their wives and children.[8]

For more information, please see: Atheistic communism and torture

...it's an unfortunate quirk of history that some prominent atheists have been aggressive advocates of neoconservative foreign policy, which calls for the subjugation of Muslim countries through bombing and invasion. Although religious terrorism is a real threat, too many atheists can't conceive of any way to respond to it except with more violence.

A case in point is the late Christopher Hitchens, who was a brilliant and fearless writer but will forever be tainted by George W. Bush's invasion of Iraq, which he enthusiastically supported on many occasions. Another example is Ayaan Hirsi Ali, a Somali refugee who deconverted from Islam and rose to become a member of the Dutch parliament. While Hirsi Ali's life story is undeniably inspiring, and she's endured great personal trauma and danger for her apostasy, she's adopted xenophobic ideas about the Western world being at war with Islam. Last but not least, there's Sam Harris, who's made many hair-raising comments about Islam such as a call for airport security screeners to profile anyone who "looks like" they "could conceivably be Muslim."

All these thinkers bought into the destructive fantasy that endless war and brutality, or the all-seeing eye of a surveillance state, are the ways to stop terrorism and other dangerous outgrowths of fundamentalism. There may be cases where military force is the only option, in self-defense or to prevent genocide, but this can only be a last resort.[12]

See also: Irreligion and domestic violence and Atheism and love and Atheism and loneliness

The abstract for the 2007 article in the journal Violence Against Women entitled Race/Ethnicity, Religious Involvement, and Domestic Violence indicated:

The authors explored the relationship between religious involvement and intimate partner violence by analyzing data from the first wave of the National Survey of Families and Households. They found that: (a) religious involvement is correlated with reduced levels of domestic violence; (b) levels of domestic violence vary by race/ethnicity; (c) the effects of religious involvement on domestic violence vary by race/ethnicity; and (d) religious involvement, specifically church attendance, protects against domestic violence, and this protective effect is stronger for African American men and women and for Hispanic men, groups that, for a variety of reasons, experience elevated risk for this type of violence.[13]

Irreligion and domestic violence

A higher rate of domestic violence exists among cohabiting couples as compared with married couples[14] Atheists have lower marriage rates than theists (see: Atheism and marriage and Atheist marriages).

A September 9, 2012 article at Atlantic Wire wrote about the noted atheist John Lennon:

But people have mostly forgotten that Lennon was also physically abusive towards women. "I used to be cruel to my woman," he said, citing the lyrics to "Getting Better" in a Playboy interview near the end of his life. "Physically—any woman. I was a hitter. I couldn't express myself and I hit. I fought men and I hit women." In his biography The Lives of John Lennon, Albert Goldman also maintains that Lennon was guilty of spousal abuse.[15]

Okay will throw my 2 cents in here, I believe in Jesus but if you don't, can't understand that you can't see a higher power with intelligence watching over us and call it whatever you want. We would never be here without a higher intelligence. I have atheist friends too and think most have a grudge with God and probably believe in him but are just pissed at him! They love to bad mouth him any chance they get!

Agnostics are a bit different though and just don't believe in much at all. They have no grudge against a Higher Power.

I just think the universe is so wonderful, magnificent and not really fathomable. I think our minds are quite limited and all we can comprehend is what we can observe and that leaves gaping holes in our understanding. I was raised as a Catholic and then a United Methodist. I went to Catholic school most of my life. I love learning about all religions but simply do not feel any one religion is the truth. I have no desire to push my way of thinking on others and certainly do not wish harm to anyone who believes differently. 

• Like 5

I'm an atheist.

I don't give a fock about what you believe in.

Don't give a fock about what I don't believe in.

It's really that simple.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I’m an atheist who supports judeo christian values and literally hates other atheists more than any other group

Same 

I’m a Christian but respect people enough to support them not believing in any religion. It’s a shame more atheists aren’t as decent.

• Thanks 1

Not very.

Let’s say the infinitesimally small chance is actually correct and there’s a main in robes in the sky after all.

So what? What did atheists lose in not believing in him? They can’t go to the great gig in the sky then, as punishment?

Well fock your guy in robes then, he’s a vindictive assh0le. So the joke is still on you :dunno:

10 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Not very.

Let’s say the infinitesimally small chance is actually correct and there’s a main in robes in the sky after all.

So what? What did atheists lose in not believing in him? They can’t go to the great gig in the sky then, as punishment?

Well fock your guy in robes then, he’s a vindictive assh0le. So the joke is still on you :dunno:

Have another drink wormsy. :lol:

Atheism and alcoholism

At least 100 studies suggests religion has a positive effect on preventing alcohol-related problems, researchers Christopher Ellison, Jennifer Barrett and Benjamin Moulton noted in an article in the Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion on “Gender, Marital Status, and Alcohol Behavior: The Neglected Role of Religion.”[26]

Atheists and atheistic cultures often have significant problems with excess alcohol usage (For more information please see: Atheism and alcoholism).

Atheism, alcoholism and anger

Atheism, alcoholism and anger

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Not very.

No,if there's a man in a robe in the sky then his word is also true and his word says in Matthew 13:40-43

"As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Whoever has ears, let them hear."

8 minutes ago, nzoner said:

No,if there's a man in a robe in the sky then his word is also true and his word says in Matthew 13:40-43

"As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Whoever has ears, let them hear."

Yeah that’s not vindictive at all :rolleyes:

ANYONE who sins? You’ll be burning right there with me brother :cheers:

13 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Yeah that’s not vindictive at all :rolleyes:

ANYONE who sins? You’ll be burning right there with me brother :cheers:

Nope,God made a way of escape for his creation through his Son Jesus,it's a free gift to anyone IF they choose to accept it.God created us with freewill so we get to choose whether we spend eternity with him or without him.

42 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Nope,God made a way of escape for his creation through his Son Jesus,it's a free gift to anyone IF they choose to accept it.God created us with freewill so we get to choose whether we spend eternity with him or without him.

Swell dude there. Enjoy eternity with a d1ckhead :cheers:

23 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Swell dude there. Enjoy eternity with a d1ckhead :cheers:

And this ladies and gentlemen, is worms in a nutshell. 

And I guess this kind of answers the title of the thread. The answer is 'Very'.

The hangup I see atheists have is when they confuse the Bible for a history book instead of an ethics book.  And then when they fail to see that the Bible is OBVIOUSLY being used as the basis of ethics and not taking every tiny little law as sacrosanct.  You see this with teenagers or people in their 20s a lot, where they grab some obscure passage, decide it doesn't apply to modern life, and throw the entire Bible out, and then pat themselves on the back like they achieved something great.

What makes one an atheist? not believing in the invisible man in the sky?

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, edjr said:

What makes one an atheist? not believing in the invisible man in the sky?

You believe so strongly in atheism, prove the faith you have in what you practice is true. Use that great mind of yours to prove the existence of no God.

3 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Believing in imaginary friends 😂

How about you? Give your proof of the atheism you practice.

5 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

How about you? Give your proof of the atheism you practice.

The burden of proof is on the person claiming insane fantastical things, not the person claiming logic and fact are truth. That’s like asking me to prove there are no flying unicorns. I don’t need to prove that and I can’t. If one claims they exist, the burden of proof is on them. I can prove that evolution is fact and hence debunks the Bible, hence religion. 

Asking an adult to prove that there’s no such thing as magic sky wizards and magical realms where there are angels, demons, faeries etc and there was no magic boat that held all the animals (including 2 of every dinosaur since you don’t get to pick and choose from the Bible, sorry). Just take a step back and think about that.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

The burden of proof is on the person claiming insane fantastical things, not the person claiming logic and fact are truth. That’s like asking me to prove there are no flying unicorns. I don’t need to prove that and I can’t. If one claims they exist, the burden of proof is on them.

That's what I thought. You have nothing. You base your belief in atheism based upon your lack of being able to prove it.

Not a good look.

You would have been one of those people back in the day that argued the earth is flat because you know everything in the universe. You can never just say you don't know.

4 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

That's what I thought. You have nothing. You base your belief in atheism based upon your lack of being able to prove it.

Not a good look.

You would have been one of those people back in the day that argued the earth is flat because you know everything in the universe. You can never just say you don't know.

Listen to yourself. 😂 Look at what you are asking me to disprove...read my edited comment above for more context. I know for a hard fact the earth is not flat. Hard irrefutable inarguable fact. Yet people still claim otherwise. I can’t help those people.

I cannot tell you for fact there is no god in some form. But I can tell you with hard fact that there are no heaven, Hell, angels, demons, ghosts etc. if there is a god, he is not in a form we can comprehend and certainly nothin to do with the Bible which was made up by people.

• Like 1

Just now, tanatastic said:

Listen to yourself. 😂 Look at what you are asking me to disprove...read my edited comment above for more context.

I didn't ask you to disprove anything. I asked you to prove your beliefs.

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

I didn't ask you to disprove anything. I asked you to prove your beliefs.

Fact is not belief or theory, it’s fact. I don’t have any beliefs, I simply go along with what’s real and factual. I can tell you for a fact there is no heaven, hell or ghosts. Are parallel dimensions within possibility? Yes. Magic realms with arbitrary judgement of souls we go to when we die? No, not possible and frankly, ludicrous.

Fact is not belief or theory, it’s fact. I don’t have any beliefs, I simply go along with what’s real and factual. I can tell you for a fact there is no heaven, hell or ghosts. Are parallel dimensions within possibility? Yes. Magic realms with arbitrary judgement of souls we go to when we die? No, not possible and frankly, ludicrous.

There are no parallel universes either 

As an atheist I’m the type of person who needs something proven. I’ve searched for it. I goto church more than most and I’ve talked to several different pastors about it. They all said the same thing and I agree with it. God is in your heart not your brain. For those of us who only use our brain god in no form exists 

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

It’s not a belief. It’s a lack of belief. 

Which in itself is a belief. When someone definitively says, there is no God, that is a belief. It's called atheism. If someone says, beats me, I don't know, then they admit they don't know. 

Just now, Utilit99 said:

Which in itself is a belief. When someone definitively says, there is no God, that is a belief. It's called atheism. If someone says, beats me, I don't know, then they admit they don't know. 

No atheism has become a religion in itself. I know the rules of Christianity and all the hypocrisy that exists within. Not a single story is original conte t in the Bible. I think it’s great you believe I don’t. Never will. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

As an atheist I’m the type of person who needs something proven. I’ve searched for it. I goto church more than most and I’ve talked to several different pastors about it. They all said the same thing and I agree with it. God is in your heart not your brain. For those of us who only use our brain god in no form exists 

This is it for me. I have no problem with people using faith as a guideline for their life or their values. 

This is it for me. I have no problem with people using faith as a guideline for their life or their values. 

And I follow the judeo christian value system like I’m sure you do. Except for the whole god part of it

Your sole reason for belief is “billions of others believe in it so it must be true and my parents told me it was.”. My reasons for not believing...logic, fact, reality, evolution, the way things are, common sense, physics, a mountain of other things that make divine or supernatural claims indesputably impossible. 

5 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

No atheism has become a religion in itself. I know the rules of Christianity and all the hypocrisy that exists within. Not a single story is original conte t in the Bible. I think it’s great you believe I don’t. Never will. 

Hypocrisy is a human thing. Are you trying to tell me there is no such thing as an atheist hypocrite?

And I don't care what you believe, just prove it's true.

7 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Hypocrisy is a human thing. Are you trying to tell me there is no such thing as an atheist hypocrite?

And I don't care what you believe, just prove it's true.

Like Tan said I don’t need to prove it’s true. The Bible is written by humans telling fairy tales that are in no way proven to have occurred. I’m the type of guy who didn’t believe in black holes either til I saw it proven. I question everything and nobody has ever come up with an explanation of god other than you just gotta have faith

i wholeheartedly believe that Jesus existed however the person he is described as would have never told people follow me or goto hell

Why are you people who don’t believe so worked up about those who do? It’s like people who don’t vote complaining about those who do. If you don’t participate, what do you care? You made it clear you don’t by not voting. That should be enough of a statement. You don’t do religion? Got it. You make it clear how you stand. 

21 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Like Tan said I don’t need to prove it’s true. The Bible is written by humans telling fairy tales that are in no way proven to have occurred. I’m the type of guy who didn’t believe in black holes either til I saw it proven. I question everything and nobody has ever come up with an explanation of god other than you just gotta have faith

i wholeheartedly believe that Jesus existed however the person he is described as would have never told people follow me or goto hell

Then people should stop asking Catholic people to prove it's true and stop the name calling. Because atheists can't prove what they believe is truth. I question atheism because it's based on what they don't see in front of their noses. Kind of like the flat earth theory way back when. Or that the galaxy orbits the earth. 

Or how about these. These types of things have been going on forever. Yet, you armchair scientists keep believing it until someone else proves it wrong.

Meckel and Hutton’s predictions were based on incorrect arguments. But there are also dramatic examples of misleading evidence based on equations. For example, when Niels Bohr predicted in 1913 the correct frequencies of the specific colours of light absorbed and emitted by ionised helium, Einstein reportedly remarked: “The theory of Bohr must then be right.”

Bohr’s predictions could instantly persuade Einstein (and many others besides) because they were correct to several decimal places. But they came out of what we now know to be a deeply flawed model of the atom, in which electrons literally orbit the atomic nucleus in circles.

I don’t believe anything until it’s proven right there is no proof of a god and there is no proof there isn’t. What I do know is that every religion eventually becomes mythology. Most things from Christianity is stolen from paganism 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why are you people who don’t believe so worked up about those who do? It’s like people who don’t vote complaining about those who do. If you don’t participate, what do you care? You made it clear you don’t by not voting. That should be enough of a statement. You don’t do religion? Got it. You make it clear how you stand. 

Im hardly worked up, I dont care what anyone believes in, however when I am told I am wrong I will always have a logic based discussion, nobody here is worked up

18 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Im hardly worked up, I dont care what anyone believes in, however when I am told I am wrong I will always have a logic based discussion, nobody here is worked up

It’s a constant theme around here. Like I’ve said before, people like to feel smarter then others.