Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

49ers at Cardinals: Saturday Football Discussion

Inactives

49ers: CB Richard Sherman, S Jimmie Ward, WR Deebo Samuel, DL Kevin Givens, DL Javon Kinlaw, DL Dion Jordan, WR Matt Cole

Cardinals: QB Brett Hundley, WR Andy Isabella, RB Eno Benjamin, S Jalen Thompson, OL Josh Miles, TE Maxx Williams

This live stream sucks... Can't pause it, can't skip commercials... I'm not sure I can watch a whole 3 hour football game without skipping commercials, replays, and all the other filler nonsense.

The midget is gonna have to drop back and run if the Cards have any chance at all. He completely sucks now that Belicheck has shown the NFL the blueprint to stopping him.

• Haha 1

HAHA I started Aiyuk and Kittle thinking cardinals would light'em up and SF would have to throw it-but ALL players from BOTH teams look like rookies playing their first game, except Wilson, he's playing pretty good. But I can't stand it, might go drink some beer, this game is BORING. Good luck to everyone this weekend, my opponent has had 3 guys play Kamara, Swift, and Evans-I'm beat already!

Dammit...per Rotowold:

9ers RB Jeff Wilson left Week 16's game against the Cardinals. 

Wilson appeared to be unconscious on the ground after a Cardinals defender delivered a helmet-to-helmet shot. Wilson had 60 yards on nine rushes through a quarter and a half, along with a touchdown grab. He's being evaluated on the sideline. Jerick McKinnon will likely function as the Niners' lead back if Wilson is out. 

Arizona has packed it in. Not interested in the playoffs.   Weakest effort at football I have witnessed in a while. 

Efforts from Swift and now Murray today has pretty much assured my SB loss 

3 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Arizona has packed it in. Not interested in the playoffs.   Weakest effort at football I have witnessed in a while. 

Efforts from Swift and now Murray today has pretty much assured my SB loss 

Yup same here. I sat Diontae (Ben was terrible last week) for Aiyuk, I didn't know how bad a thrower Beathard was-and I played Kittle too. I got smoked (other guy had Kamara and Evans) so bad all I can do is laugh about it. The guys out there today are quitters. Henry and Allen can't even save me this week. Congrats to you on getting this far.

With Drake and Murray becoming only the 5th teammates to both have 10 rushing TDs in a single season, the announcers mentioned that the last time it happened was in 2008 with DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart for the Panthers.  James Lofton went on to note that DeAngelo Williams was in the finals of Survivor.  This is incorrect; DeAngelo Williams was in the finals of The Amazing Race.  He went on to dig his hole deeper by saying that he knew that because it was his wife's favorite show, and so he had to watch it with her.

I'm still wondering if his wife's favorite show is really Survivor or The Amazing Race...?  Did he mean to say Amazing Race, or is he just clueless and BSing?

The reviews of the stream on Amazon are overwhelming:  78% are 1 star, with 10% being 5 star and 13% being 2-4 stars.  Most of the 10% that are 5 star are just happy to be able to watch an out-of-market game for their favorite team, but everyone who has streamed anything online before gives it 1 star for the inability to pause, rewind or fast forward, the crappy video quality (mine wasn't too bad, but then I'm used to the crappy 720 HD of YouTubeTV), and other difficulties with the streaming being slow or laggy or other problems I didn't experience.

But yeah, basically a disaster.  I hope they take some of the feedback to heart before they try this again with another important NFL game.

Does anyone talk to Murray between series? Looks like he gets no coaching and he doesn’t study the tablet at all. Just goes out there and wings it. Probably should study his craft a little better if he wants to be a winner.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

The reviews of the stream on Amazon are overwhelming:  78% are 1 star, with 10% being 5 star and 13% being 2-4 stars.  Most of the 10% that are 5 star are just happy to be able to watch an out-of-market game for their favorite team, but everyone who has streamed anything online before gives it 1 star for the inability to pause, rewind or fast forward, the crappy video quality (mine wasn't too bad, but then I'm used to the crappy 720 HD of YouTubeTV), and other difficulties with the streaming being slow or laggy or other problems I didn't experience.

But yeah, basically a disaster.  I hope they take some of the feedback to heart before they try this again with another important NFL game.

I had no problems myself. 

50 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I had no problems myself. 

Were you able to pause, rewind, and fast forward?  Could you skip commercials?

54 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Bezos probably tried to cut corners like he does with everything in his business. I don’t have Amazon prime but it was also available on yahoo fantasy all so I watched on my iPad... worst stream quality of the season. Hope they don’t sell more games to Amazon next year.

It’s not like this is the first game they’ve streamed.  They have the Thursday games available too.   It is weird that you can’t pause/rewind/fast forward though 

37 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Were you able to pause, rewind, and fast forward?  Could you skip commercials?

I was able to replay, but I did not pause for long. Certainly not enough to worry about avoiding commercials.

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

James Lofton went on to note that DeAngelo Williams was in the finals of Survivor.  This is incorrect; DeAngelo Williams was in the finals of The Amazing Race. 

He was one of the swiftiest RB's in recent NFL history.

12 minutes ago, stonewall said:

He was one of the swiftiest RB's in recent NFL history.

No, no, that was DeAngelo Montgomery!

6 minutes ago, Showboat said:

No, no, that was DeAngelo Montgomery!

But, of course.....David's dad.

1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I was able to replay, but I did not pause for long. Certainly not enough to worry about avoiding commercials.

Not talking about those replay "opportunities" they gave you.  I mean could you control the video like a DVR?

If not, that's a problem.

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Not talking about those replay "opportunities" they gave you.  I mean could you control the video like a DVR?

If not, that's a problem.

For a game you might not otherwise get? 

For a game you might not otherwise get? 

Just as I suspected; you fall into that 10% that would give the game a 5-star rating, just because it was so cool that you could get a game online that you wouldn't otherwise get.

But as I said above, those of us who stream regularly found it to be extremely clunky and user-unfriendly; a 1-star experience, if that.

14 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Just as I suspected; you fall into that 10% that would give the game a 5-star rating, just because it was so cool that you could get a game online that you wouldn't otherwise get.

But as I said above, those of us who stream regularly found it to be extremely clunky and user-unfriendly; a 1-star experience, if that.

I only stream and I didn’t give it any rating. I am also tech savvy so I have my streaming somewhat optimized. 

Apparently the NFL has to be aware of those where technology is difficult. 

I only stream and I didn’t give it any rating. I am also tech savvy so I have my streaming somewhat optimized. 

Apparently the NFL has to be aware of those where technology is difficult. 

Okay, you don't get it.  I pretty much realized that from square one, but gave you a few chances to conceptualize what you weren't understanding--obviously to no avail.

Moving on...

8 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Okay, you don't get it.  I pretty much realized that from square one, but gave you a few chances to conceptualize what you weren't understanding--obviously to no avail.

Moving on...

Sure, troll. Glad to see COVID hasn’t changed you. :lol:

I only caught the latter part of the second half, but the picture looked great. I was also able to stream the game on my phone through the NFL Network app. Not sure what the big deal is, unless you don't have Prime, that would be annoying...

Wilson not far off from 200

Coleman and McKinnon might be looking for work in 2021

18 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Even accounting for streaming, I thought the video quality was pretty poor.

20 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Does anyone talk to Murray between series? Looks like he gets no coaching and he doesn’t study the tablet at all. Just goes out there and wings it. Probably should study his craft a little better if he wants to be a winner.

What are ya gonna talk to him about? He can't play NFL QB. That's uncoachable. it's all drop back run around in circles and if no one is wide open, take off and run like a penguin.