Sign in to follow this  
GobbleDog

Utah RB accidently shoots himself - he dead

Ty Jordan, a freshman running back at the University of Utah, died early Saturday ... reportedly the result of an accidental shooting. Police responded to a call from someone who reported a gunshot victim. He was rushed to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead. Authorities believe the shooting was accidental. Authorities tell TMZ, the victim shot himself in the hip with a handgun.

Head Coach Kyle Whittingham said Saturday, "Words cannot express the devastation and heartache that our team is feeling right now upon learning of the tragic death of our teammate and brother, Ty Jordan. Ty's personality and smile were infectious and he made a huge impact on our program in the short time he was with us." The Coach adds ... "All of us in the Utah Football Family want to say we love you Ty and may you rest in peace."

Jordan was the 2020 Pac-12 Offensive Freshman Player of the Year, after rushing for 597 yards and scoring 6 touchdowns.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/12/26/ty-jordan-dead-univeristy-of-utah-football-running-back-accidental-shooting-shot/

Don't play with loaded guns, kids.

I always laugh when people say “it’s better to have one and not need it than to not have one and need it.”. Wrong. Your chances of getting shot go up exponentially when you are near a gun.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I always laugh when people say “it’s better to have one and not need it than to not have one and need it.”. Wrong. Your chances of getting shot go up exponentially when you untrained idiots are near a gun.

Fixed.

37 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I always laugh when people say “it’s better to have one and not need it than to not have one and need it.”. Wrong. Your chances of getting shot go up exponentially when you are near a gun.

Your chances of drowning go up exponentially if you own a pool.

See how fuckin stupid that sounds?

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

1.  Always assume the gun is loaded.
2.  Never point the gun at anything you don't want to kill or destroy.
3.  Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target and you've made the decision to shoot.
4.  Know what's beyond your target.

It's almost like someone invented rules to handle firearms, yet people STILL ignore them.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BLS said:

He absolutely doesn't understand how focking stupid that sounds 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BLS said:

No, I don’t and yes you are right. So what? If you can’t swim you shouldn’t be around pools just like if you don’t have training with a gun you shouldn’t carry one. 

Just now, tanatastic said:

No, I don’t and yes you are right. So what? If you can’t swim you shouldn’t be around pools just like if you don’t have training with a gun you shouldn’t carry one. 

Not a big believer in Freedom, huh?

Doesn't surprise me.

3 minutes ago, BLS said:

Doesn't surprise me.

Not the freedom to wield a deadly weapon without formal training, no.

2 minutes ago, BLS said:

Doesn't surprise me.

Well, you can't really defend gun owners who shoot themselves to death. 

Just now, tanatastic said:

Not the freedom to wield a deadly weapon without formal training, no.

Wanna know what's more deadly than any gun ever invented?

Speech.  And it's guaranteed (without training Mr. Goebbels) by our Constitution.

Would you like to remove the 1st Amendment (unless you have State Sponsored training), or do you want to keep digging the other hole (also guaranteed by our Constitution)?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Well, you can't really defend gun owners who shoot themselves to death. 

I can't?  I just fuckin did.

If some dipshit puts his hands down a garbage disposal, is it the disposal's fault?  Do we need warning labels?  Maybe the government could offer training...

Or should we just let the dumb fucks weed themselves out?

I don't give TWOFUCKS about this assdart or how he chose to eliminate himself from the gene pool.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BLS said:

Wanna know what's more deadly than any gun ever invented?

Speech.  And it's guaranteed (without training Mr. Goebbels) by our Constitution.

Would you like to remove the 1st Amendment (unless you have State Sponsored training), or do you want to keep digging the other hole (also guaranteed by our Constitution)?

You are comparing mountains to molehills. Speech more deadly than guns is an ocean sized stretch in this argument. 

2 minutes ago, BLS said:

If some dipshit puts his hands down a garbage disposal, is it the disposal's fault?  Do we need warning labels?  Maybe the government could offer training...

I don't give TWOFUCKS about this assdart or how he chose to eliminate himself from the gene pool.

If your daughter caught crossfire in a drive by you would care. That guy is being enabled by 2A nuts.

1 minute ago, tanatastic said:

You are comparing mountains to molehills. Speech more deadly than guns is an ocean sized stretch in this argument. 

Really?  Tell that to 6 million Jews.

Do you think Hitler shot a single Jew in his entire filthy life?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BLS said:

Careful man, that'll get the tears flowing around here with some :lol:

1 minute ago, tanatastic said:

If your daughter caught crossfire in a drive by you would care.

yes, because I'm horribly concerned about a fuckin drive by where I live.

Just now, shorepatrol said:

Careful man, that'll get the tears flowing around here with some :lol:

:praying:

15 minutes ago, BLS said:

You did a bad job. I don't want to lose the guns, I would just think that training be required to handle them when they are purchased. I know you don't care. If people get them and don't know how to use them and kill themselves, that's fine. But you are acting crazy because it's not just about the people who kill themselves, it's about them misusing the guns and end up killing others.

Would you seriously want to hang out with someone who has a loaded gun out and is waving it around and doesn't even know how to use it? 

9 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

You did a bad job. I don't want to lose the guns, I would just think that training be required to handle them when they are purchased. I know you don't care. If people get them and don't know how to use them and kill themselves, that's fine. But you are acting crazy because it's not just about the people who kill themselves, it's about them misusing the guns and end up killing others.

Would you seriously want to hang out with someone who has a loaded gun out and is waving it around and doesn't even know how to use it? 

No I didn't.

Wouldn't concern me in the least.  I either wouldn't associate with him/her, or I would train them in their errors.
I don't mind providing training.  In fact, we USED to have firearms training in schools.  Long before anybody ever brought a gun to school and starting shooting people.

Is there a correlation?  impossible to tell, but it does provide food for thought.

1 minute ago, BLS said:

No I didn't.

Wouldn't concern me in the least.  I either wouldn't associate with him/her, or I would train them in their errors.
I don't mind providing training.  In fact, we USED to have firearms training in schools.  Long before anybody ever brought a gun to school and starting shooting people.

Is there a correlation?  impossible to tell, but it does provide food for thought.

Unless it was too late and you got shot. 

Gotcha.

12 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

No he didn't and you sound like Joe focking Biden. You should be ashamed 

2 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

No he didn't and you sound like Joe focking Biden. You should be ashamed 

Does creepy joe say people should get guns for protection and learn how to use them properly?

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

Unless it was too late and you got shot. 

Gotcha.

What makes you think I would let someone shoot me?

Look, I understand your argument/concern.  Honestly I do.

But there's a billion ways I could die today.  Firearms aren't a concern of mine.

Could someone pull out a gun and accidentally shoot me?  Yep.  But I'm not worried about that.

I take classes with 20 or 30 people I've often never met.  We sit on a live firing range and shoot guns all day long, often an entire weekend.

I'm rarely (not going to say 'never') worried about being shot.  And if I am, others have noticed the unsafe gun handling as well and it has usually been addressed.

Does creepy joe say people should get guns for protection and learn how to use them properly?

Come on man!!??!!

You should understand, THAT'S WHAT I DO.   I teach people how to be safe with firearms and how to shoot them properly.

I however cannot force someone to be responsible and take proper training.

2 minutes ago, BLS said:

What makes you think I would let someone shoot me?

Look, I understand your argument/concern.  Honestly I do.

But there's a billion ways I could die today.  Firearms aren't a concern of mine.

Could someone pull out a gun and accidentally shoot me?  Yep.  But I'm not worried about that.

I take classes with 20 or 30 people I've often never met.  We sit on a live firing range and shoot guns all day long, often an entire weekend.

I'm rarely (not going to say 'never') worried about being shot.  And if I am, others have noticed the unsafe gun handling as well and it has usually been addressed.

Firearms aren't a concern of mine either. I just think people who buy them should be required to know how to use them. It's not a hard concept. Background checks are also important. Go figure, I'm a raging liberal now I guess.

Just now, Utilit99 said:

Firearms aren't a concern of mine either. I just think people who buy them should be required to know how to use them. 

Can't argue with you at all on that.  I guess my issue would be how you address the need.

Died from a gunshot wound to the hip? :huh:

Seems like a strange place for a fatal GSW. I suppose it could've somehow hit the carotid. Bullets can do funny things sometimes. 

56 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

You're barking up the wrong tree here. Nobody cares more about the proper use and handling of firearms than we gun nuts. After all, we're the ones who have to defend our 2nd Amendment rights everytime the ant-gunners get on their soapboxes after scenarios such as this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5-Points said:

You're barking up the wrong tree here. Nobody cares more about the proper use and handling of firearms than we gun nuts. After all, we're the ones who have to defend our 2nd Amendment rights everytime the ant-gunners get on their soapboxes after scenarios such as this. 

I am all in on gun ownership and the second amendment. I just think people should be trained and have quality background checks. 

9 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Died from a gunshot wound to the hip? :huh:

Seems like a strange place for a fatal GSW. I suppose it could've somehow hit the carotid. Bullets can do funny things sometimes. 

Probably the femoral artery. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Probably the femoral artery. 

Thats what I meant. :doh:

Thats on the inside of the thigh, though. The "hip" makes me think of the outside of the top of the leg/side of ass. 

But, like I said, bullets can do some funny things. Or maybe he went into shock. :dunno:

59 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

No, he told people to get a shotgun and fire a couple of blasts off of the balcony if somebody was breaking in. 

5 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Thats what I meant. :doh:

Thats on the inside of the thigh, though. The "hip" makes me think of the outside of the top of the leg/side of ass. 

But, like I said, bullets can do some funny things. Or maybe he went into shock. :dunno:

Depends on the angle. Very easy to shoot down from the hip and hit the femoral artery. 

Had a friend of the family many years ago die by a stray bullet that ricocheted off the ground and went up his leg to hit the femoral artery.

14 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Depends on the angle. Very easy to shoot down from the hip and hit the femoral artery. 

Had a friend of the family many years ago die by a stray bullet that ricocheted off the ground and went up his leg to hit the femoral artery.

That's true and its been known to happen to people who carry in the 1 o'clock position.  

But, to me anyway, that isn't a GSW to the hip. That would be a GSW to the leg. 

Meh, either way, he dead.

Sorry about the family friend. That's a terrible accident. Not much you can do when that femoral artery gets hit.