Sign in to follow this  
justforbeer

Starting Jalen hurts and your fantasy championship game.

The media and so many people are drunk on the Kool-Aid of this guy.

I know they are playing Dallas but to throw out a guy that really is unproven and only had one good game in his nfl career?!

My gut is telling me that there is a very high chance there is going to be a lot of angry threads about hurts having a crummy game and everybody’s mad that it actually happened.

Ironically, nobody should be surprised by it.

I would say there’s probably a 20% chance that he has a decent game. Those are not good odds in my opinion. High risk!

Quite possibly.  I went the safe route yesterday and started Murray over Hurts.  Hindsight and all, but Murray put up a clunker yesterday, so I kind of wish that I had started Hurts.  Luckily my opponent started Chase Edmonds and Nuk, so it balanced out.

He is so good.

I’ve been debating him vs Tua and Murray the past three weeks.

Tua has been benched twice.. Murray is good for 3-5 horrific throws a game.

Hurts has a cannon, runs intelligently without taking hits, but does NOT turn the ball over.

I cannot be more impressed, I am not an Igles fan.

11 minutes ago, justforbeer said:

I know they are playing Dallas but to throw out a guy that really is unproven and only had one good game in his nfl career?!

My gut is telling me that there is a very high chance there is going to be a lot of angry threads about hurts having a crummy game and everybody’s mad that it actually happened.

I would say there’s probably a 20% chance that he has a decent game. Those are not good odds in my opinion. High risk!

I mostly agree with this but I think 20% is way too low.  I’d go more like 60%, maybe higher depending on your definition of “decent”

Of course the existence of this thread probably confirms that he will now have a good game...

Drafted Prescott. After he went down it was just streaming every week never really knowing if whoever I was using that week was gonna do anything. I made a trade for Brees just because he'd at least have a decent floor every week. Then he goes down too. I went threw 7 QB's this year. Somehow I'm in the championship this week. So I took a chance on Hurts last week. This week my options were Carr, Bridgwater, Rivers, or Brees. It's a huge crapshoot for any of those. Hurts has way more upside. Maybe he flops. But for those of us who don't have Mahomes or some other top QB, he's worth the risk. Especially when you consider the scrubs out there that are options.

17 minutes ago, justforbeer said:

Based on your handle,  that must be one hell of a gut...

13 minutes ago, PunkRockRedneck said:

Drafted Prescott. After he went down it was just streaming every week never really knowing if whoever I was using that week was gonna do anything. I made a trade for Brees just because he'd at least have a decent floor every week. Then he goes down too. I went threw 7 QB's this year. Somehow I'm in the championship this week. So I took a chance on Hurts last week. This week my options were Carr, Bridgwater, Rivers, or Brees. It's a huge crapshoot for any of those. Hurts has way more upside. Maybe he flops. But for those of us who don't have Mahomes or some other top QB, he's worth the risk. Especially when you consider the scrubs out there that are options.

What risk?

Its like people want this guy to fail. I don’t get it.

2 minutes ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

What risk?

The "high risk" that justforbeer is referencing. I certainly don't want him to fail. I have him in lol   Personally, he's looked pretty damn good in the few games he's started.

Two picks and a fumble lost at the end of the game. 

Andy Dalton, Derek Carr, Matt Ryan, Trubisky, Russell Wilson, and even CJ Bethard had better games today.

If he didn’t have that one long bomb to Jackson, he would’ve scored about 6 points. 

Put up 20.5 in my league, not amazing but decent enough.

ya. losing the 6pts from turnovers sucked. he still put up 20 pts. but it's not like he's gonna lose the championship for me if i do lose. Hill, Woods, and Carson taking a dump will be my downfall if I lose. Not sure what anyone really expects. If you're starting Hurts, it's because you're streaming a QB. It's a gamble every week when you do that. That's why they're on the WW. I think Hurts had a much better floor this week and he proved it. If 20 pts isn't good enough for you when you're streaming, then I don't know what to say. lol  He did fine

2 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Did better than Kyler Murray

....and Goff. Not to mention Herbert, which is kinda the standard.

Heck, he has helped to give me a chance against the kamara owner, thanks to DJ, Lamb, and Wilson.

Yes, wanted more....but certainly not a bust.

He was lucky with that long touchdown to DeSean Jackson. Six points today Without it.

20 minutes ago, justforbeer said:

He was lucky with that long touchdown to DeSean Jackson. Six points today Without it.

Don't act like the Gnome... :nono:

16 minutes ago, PunkRockRedneck said:

LOL so now we're taking away the big play from players?  If that's the case, you can eliminate a bunch of points from a bunch of players. We get it, you don't like him.

Yes, that’s a convenient way to support your own view or opinion.

1 minute ago, PunkRockRedneck said:

lol right?

He’s likely a Cowboy fan or distant relative of Wentz.

Its okay, let him have this 😁

Yeah, I was trying to let people know that it was a high-risk play and they were lucky to get the 19 points out of him as half of those were from one play by DJax. 

23 minutes ago, justforbeer said:

Yeah, I was trying to let people know that it was a high-risk play and they were lucky to get the 19 points out of him as half of those were from one play by DJax. 

If you take away his turnovers, he would have had like 30 points. He is so good!

• Haha 1

His 19 were better then what I got from Hebert.  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

His 19 were better then what I got from Hebert.  

Only weepaws would start a QB who has been retired for 25 years.

22 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Only weepaws would start a QB who has been retired for 25 years.

Not quite 25, but Tommy Maddox is a MUST start every week.

On 12/27/2020 at 1:08 PM, TheUsualSuspect said:

What risk?

Wentz truthers.

13 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

New Philly Theme Song

Good one. If they miss the playoffs, they may switch Nazareth songs to Miss Misery.

This one also received honorable mention:

21 hours ago, justforbeer said:

Two picks and a fumble lost at the end of the game. 

Andy Dalton, Derek Carr, Matt Ryan, Trubisky, Russell Wilson, and even CJ Bethard had better games today.

If he didn’t have that one long bomb to Jackson, he would’ve scored about 6 points. 

My league's scoring gave Hurts 25 pts. And Wilson  (who I benched for him) 22 pts.

On 12/28/2020 at 5:12 PM, Kopy said:

My league's scoring gave Hurts 25 pts. And Wilson  (who I benched for him) 22 pts.

The OP is cherry picking stats and pointing at “luck” as to why he’s still right and not wrong.