Sign in to follow this  
Bill E.

Political SPAM texts

Anyone else getting these?  I donated a few hundred through Trump's website several months ago.  I never gave money to a campaign before but had a good few years and wanted to support the re-election.  Since then I get 15-20 SPAM texts a day.  Hey this is Donald Trump...  It's Mitch...Help.  It's Don Jr or Nikki Haley . Give today and get a 5x match.  All day every day even Christmas.  My real texts get pushed way down in the BS.   As soon as the election was over it was the same , just "Hey bill it's Ted Cruz or David Purdue or it's Kelly We have to hold the Senate." 

I know as soon as this is over they will switch to "We have to take back the House in 22.  I doubt it will ever end.  i can not believe harassing their own supporters would ever work.  I can see a request every week or so but 20 a day?   I guess it is my own fault for putting my phone number down on the credit card submission form but Fock if I will ever give a dime to any politician ever again. 

3 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

I never give my phone number.

Good idea.

2 hours ago, Bill E. said:

Anyone else getting these?  I donated a few hundred through Trump's website several months ago.  I never gave money to a campaign before but had a good few years and wanted to support the re-election.  Since then I get 15-20 SPAM texts a day.  Hey this is Donald Trump...  It's Mitch...Help.  It's Don Jr or Nikki Haley . Give today and get a 5x match.  All day every day even Christmas.  My real texts get pushed way down in the BS.   As soon as the election was over it was the same , just "Hey bill it's Ted Cruz or David Purdue or it's Kelly We have to hold the Senate." 

I know as soon as this is over they will switch to "We have to take back the House in 22.  I doubt it will ever end.  i can not believe harassing their own supporters would ever work.  I can see a request every week or so but 20 a day?   I guess it is my own fault for putting my phone number down on the credit card submission form but Fock if I will ever give a dime to any politician ever again. 

Yes. Got them nonstop the last few weeks before the presidential election. Had to keep replying STOP so they’d take me off their list 

• Like 1

I get tons of them.... political ads and regular ads.  I want to know which company sold me out. Amazon, Bass Pro Shop, etc. ???

"Hey Gobble, lose 80 lbs in 2 weeks!"   

Seeing as how I weigh 160 lbs, that diet would probably kill me.  :huh:

5 hours ago, Bill E. said:

Sweet Jesus, it’s a scam man, he bilked you guys out of so much money it’s amazing. The entire stop the steal campaign was for this bilking, he’s prob still raking it in from Drobs and others to this day long after the election has been long over.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, tanatastic said:

Sweet Jesus, it’s a scam man, he bilked you guys out of so much money it’s amazing. The entire stop the steal campaign was for this bilking, he’s prob still raking it in from Drobs and others to this day long after the election has been long over.

Other than Michael Bloomburg's presidential run, which is a special case involving a mulit-bajillionaire, every other political campaign from both main and third parties that I've ever come across of raises money via donations and fundraising.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Other than Michael Bloomburg's presidential run, which is a special case involving a mulit-bajillionaire, every other political campaign from both main and third parties that I've ever come across of raises money via donations and fundraising.

They all live off donations.  And if you don't donate, your candidate probably won't win. Thus the weekly news stories about how much so and so has raised. Better to donate anonymously, because you will absolutely be inundated with requests if you don't. The dude you responded to never has a clue. You can tell those people who never started, built or hired anything or anyone. 

• Like 1

Send more money.  They'll stop then.  

1 hour ago, NorthernVike said:

Send more money.  They'll stop then.  

I'll try that with a request to stop texting me. 

7 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Really so do you think it is just Trump?  All political campaigns do it.  Remember Sanders in 16 going on about how many millions of people donated.  He did not win.  Was that a SCAM?  Or Bidens campaign outraising Trump in private donations in '20.  Scam?  The Dem candidates in GA are outraising the R's here in GA but mostly from out of state donations.  

5 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Agree.  I just think 20 texts a day is a tiny bit excessive.  It turned me off. 

35 minutes ago, Bill E. said:

Agree.  I just think 20 texts a day is a tiny bit excessive.  It turned me off. 

I got a ton from both parties. I've never donated to the dems but they still got my number. They've since stopped which is nice. Tmobile has an ok spam filter that keeps most of it from me.

• Like 1