tubby_mcgee

So now "black" is a capitalized? WTF

https://www.inforum.com/news/nation/6819425-Ohio-police-officer-fired-for-fatally-shooting-unarmed-Black-man

Nation

Ohio police officer fired for fatally shooting unarmed Black man

Pettus' decision capped a disciplinary hearing that came three days after Police Chief Thomas Quinlan concluded his own expedited review of the case, finding that Coy had engaged in "critical misconduct" that should cost him his job.
Written By: Reuters | Dec 28th 2020 - 8pm.

Protesters gather outside of the home where Andre Maurice Hill, 47, was killed in Columbus, Ohio, U.S., December 24, 2020. On December 22, 2020 Officer Adam Coy fatally shot Andre Maurice Hill after responding to a non-emergency disturbance call from a neighbor. REUTERS/Megan Jelinger
Protesters gather outside of the home where Andre Maurice Hill, 47, was killed in Columbus, Ohio, U.S., December 24, 2020. On December 22, 2020 Officer Adam Coy fatally shot Andre Maurice Hill after responding to a non-emergency disturbance call from a neighbor. REUTERS/Megan Jelinger

Dec 28 (Reuters) — A white police officer in Columbus, Ohio, was fired on Monday for fatally shooting an unarmed Black man last week in what the city's police chief deemed an "unreasonable use of deadly force," the city's public safety director said.

The dismissal of Adam Coy, a 19-year veteran of the Columbus police force, followed the recommendation of Chief Thomas Quinlan, who concluded that Andre Maurice Hill, 47, was the victim of an act of "senseless violence" when he was gunned down last Tuesday.

Hill was shot to death in the garage of a house where he had been staying as a guest in Ohio's capital.

"The actions of Adam Coy do not live up to the oath of a Columbus police officer, or the standards we, and the community, demand of our officers," Ned Pettus, the city's public safety director, wrote in a statement announcing his decision.

Pettus' decision capped a disciplinary hearing that came three days after Quinlan concluded his own expedited review, finding that Coy had engaged in "critical misconduct" that should cost him his job.

A separate state-level criminal probe of the shooting is ongoing.

6 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Thought we weren’t supposed to call them black? Did it change again? 

Apparently, you can’t use “black”, but you can use “Black”. :dunno:

5 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Apparently, you can’t use “black”, but you can use “Black”. :dunno:

Makes total sense lol 

I challenge anybody to watch five commercials back to back and not find at least 1 BLACK person lol in each. 

I'm pretty sure blacks hover around 13% of America's population but yet I'll bet every one of them have been on TV at least once lol. 

* just an observation

6 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

I challenge anybody to watch five back to back commercials and not find at least 1 BLACK lol in each. 

I'm pretty sure blacks hover around 13% of America's population but yet I'll bet every one of them have been on TV at least once lol. 

* just an observation

But REPRESENTATION MATTERS! At least according to the snowflake liberals. You can’t give an accurate portrayal. You ALWAYS have to add POC 

I thought MAYBE it was a typo. Nope.
Here's more:   https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/georgia-senate-runoffs-black-man-voted-perdue-loeffler-jeremy-hunt

Also... https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/05/insider/capitalized-black.html

Does anyone think Biden tried to Steal the election?  I think he is a Thief. 

Does this mean Black face is back on the table?

Ironically, I've noticed for a while now that White is capitalized on my iPhone (using Swype technology) but Black is not. It doesn't matter to me either way, I'm not offended. I think we've gone absolutely nuts over black, white, trans, cis, everything is so crazy and I'm tired of it. 

My daughter is so over it. She has lost an entire friend over people getting offended over trivial names and being offended over labels. I may start a thread about it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, peenie said:

My daughter is so over it. She has lost an entire friend over people getting offended over trivial names and being offended over labels. I may start a thread about it. 

Yes

3 minutes ago, peenie said:

My daughter is so over it. She has lost an entire friend

That's interesting,I didn't know you could lose any less of a friend.

3 minutes ago, nzoner said:

That's interesting,I didn't know you could lose any less of a friend.

Lol! Meaning that it's strange that you would lose a friendship over a simple disagreement over a label. 

8 hours ago, peenie said:

Lol! Meaning that it's strange that you would lose a friendship over a simple disagreement over a label. 

That’s what liberals do. Kids not visiting parents because they voted Trump is a good example. Shameful. 

10 hours ago, peenie said:

I may start a thread about it. 

one that you will be sure to peenie soon after it gets any responses you do not like. 

21 hours ago, peenie said:

Welcome to the SJW cancel culture reality.....the pendulum might swing back a little eh?

Looks like you guys know where somebody can sign up for the KKK?

55 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Sorry, we aren't interested, there are other forearms where your hate might be welcomed.

Capitalization now means blacks are Black and one black is a Black.  In other words African American is officially dead, and now they are Black.  As in, 2 Blacks entered the store. 

31 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Capitalization now means blacks are Black and one black is a Black.  In other words African American is officially dead, and now they are Black.  As in, 2 Blacks entered the store. 

It is the inclinations of leftist totalitarians throughout history to remove the individual and create the "group". 

2 hours ago, dogcows said:

You don't know your history very well do you? 

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

Imagine giving a about this.

Odd, when the left believes it has found "hate" caring seems to be entirely acceptable....

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

Odd, when the left believes it has found "hate" caring seems to be entirely acceptable....

You’re so sour. Smile pussycat. It’s XMas season. :( 

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

You’re so sour. Smile pussycat. It’s XMas season. :( 

Oh I see, turnabout is not fair play eh?  Can dish it out but cant take it 😁

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

Oh I see, turnabout is not fair play eh?  Can dish it out but cant take it 😁

You’ve had a grumpy year. 😂 

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

You’ve had a grumpy year. 😂 

Not at all, my year has been pretty darn good.  Now, the next four might turn out to be less, time will tell, but Democratic policies tend to hurt the average American, so lets hope for the best.

4 hours ago, dogcows said:

Sorry dude. James Crow was democrat as well as the majority of their members. This one's on you.

2 minutes ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

I think it all changed with Kamala.  She did not qualify as an African American, so they just wiped that term away.  

I've heard her called "Asian American" so they needed to free up AA in order to avoid confusion. 

3 minutes ago, DonS said:

I've heard her called "Asian American" so they needed to free up AA in order to avoid confusion. 

I doubt she tried to accentuate the Asian heritage, there is no SJW capital in that.....

Funny how the folks hating on black people in their posts then falsely accuse others of doing it when they get called out. Sad.

1 hour ago, dogcows said:

Funny how the folks hating on black people in their posts then falsely accuse others of doing it when they get called out. Sad.

Talk about "hating" on black people, you didn't capitalize the 'b' in black. Racist!

Thought...If you say 'black' on the radio or simply out loud, do you have to preface it with "capital b black" when you say black when you talk?