DonS

NFL Black Monday possibilities

Gase and Marrone getting fired should be a given.

Lynn is the other coach that immediately comes to mind due to his baffling decisions and poor clock management.

Who else do you guys think will get sh1tcanned on Monday?

Dude, you can't say "Black" Monday, especially when you're talking about people getting fired.  I'm not sure what to call it anymore but I suspect this term will be "retired" very soon.

• Like 1

I don't know about fired but the old guy in Houston is interim.  Can't imagine he's back as the HC next year.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

I don't know about fired but the old guy in Houston is interim.  Can't imagine he's back as the HC next year.

He will not be back.

Even though it's obvious that Lynn is on the hot seat for piss poor coaching, will anyone be surprised if folks call RACISS if he does get the axe?

At the very least Chargers will be deemed racist if they fire Lynn and hire a whitey. 

6 minutes ago, DonS said:

Even though it's obvious that Lynn is on the hot seat for piss poor coaching, will anyone be surprised if folks call RACISS if he does get the axe?

At the very least Chargers will be deemed racist if they fire Lynn and hire a whitey. 

They are screwed, either keep the inept....or get labelled racist for getting rid of the inept.....

Are they still allowed to steal on the day after Thanksgiving?

2 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Dumb Pederson. He needs to go. He inches away from being the 1st idiot to try QBBC.

There was at least one idiot before him.  When Leinart was in Arizona, whisenhunt was so desperate to make him work even though they had Kurt Warner on the roster, they let Leinart play until they got in the redzone and then Kurt Warner would come in.

Eventually they wised up and benched Leinart and the next year the went to the Super Bowl.

6 hours ago, DonS said:

A few black coaches have been canned the last few years( for good reason ) with no uprising. Lynn should be gone. Can't waste a talented roster like that. 

Just now, shorepatrol said:

A few black coaches have been canned the last few years( for good reason ) with no uprising. Lynn should be gone. Can't waste a talented roster like that. 

True, but those firings happened before the BLM Summer of Love.  I hope folks will realize it truly is about a failure to do a good job.  Not holding my breath though. 

3 hours ago, nobody said:

There was at least one idiot before him.  When Leinart was in Arizona, whisenhunt was so desperate to make him work even though they had Kurt Warner on the roster, they let Leinart play until they got in the redzone and then Kurt Warner would come in.

Eventually they wised up and benched Leinart and the next year the went to the Super Bowl.

Wisenhunt was truly awful. His stint in tennesse was the worst coaching ive ever watched.

19 hours ago, Strike said:

Dude, you can't say "Black" Monday, especially when you're talking about people getting fired.  I'm not sure what to call it anymore but I suspect this term will be "retired" very soon.

I actually expect ESPN to start calling it "Red" Monday soon.

17 hours ago, RLLD said:

They are screwed, either keep the inept....or get labelled racist for getting rid of the inept.....

There it is.

My guess is Jets, Jaguars, and Chargers get added to the Det, Hou, Atl openings.

Kinda thinking Denver, Minnesota, and possibly Philadelphia & Chicago on the hot seat entering next year?

Just now, Kopy said:

My guess is Jets, Jaguars, and Chargers get added to the Det, Hou, Atl openings.

Kinda thinking Denver, Minnesota, and possibly Philadelphia & Chicago on the hot seat entering next year?

Everything out of Denver is that Fangio is safe for one more year.

5 minutes ago, Kopy said:

I’d be really surprised if Doug P gets fired.

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

I’d be really surprised if Doug P gets fired.

After this season. What if he puts together a 5 win season next year?

Or worse.

13 minutes ago, Kopy said:

After this season. What if he puts together a 5 win season next year?

Or worse.

Then he’ll get fired, next season.

Lynn had no business making it through the season, the in-game mistakes he made were blatant incompetence. Dude is a focking idiot.

11 minutes ago, MDC said:

Then he’ll get fired, next season.

Isn't that what starting next year on the "hot seat" means?

2 hours ago, MDC said:

There it is.

Sucks when someone points out the bullsh!t, I know....

3 minutes ago, Kopy said:

Isn't that what starting next year on the "hot seat" means?

You’re right I misunderstood. :cheers: 

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Sucks when someone points out the bullsh!t, I know....

It’s like a form of Tourette’s with you. 

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

It’s like a form of Tourette’s with you. 

Labels.....of course....anything to silence people who call it out.....but ineffective.

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Labels.....of course....anything to silence people who call it out.....but ineffective.

Nobody can stop Ray from finding the racial angle in every story. :thumbsup: 

12 minutes ago, MDC said:

Nobody can stop Ray from finding the racial angle in every story. :thumbsup: 

Except in this case i guess :dunno:

Since I was replying to a post that initiated the actual topic :doh:

Reading comprehension....its such a challenge for so many.

Joe Douglas is the GM of the Jets. Pederson could end up there. It’s a better situation than the mess the Eagles have become, believe it or not. Salary cap hell in Philly. Maybe take Wentz with him? 

I don’t know if this “story” made it out of NY. Apparently WFAN afternoon host Craig Carton “Broke the news” that Gase was told by Jets owner Chris Johnson (or President of the team- whatever) that he was going to be fired Monday- Adam Gase denies he was told that and it’s kind of a pissing match here. 

8 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

I don’t know if this “story” made it out of NY. Apparently WFAN afternoon host Craig Carton “Broke the news” that Gase was told by Jets owner Chris Johnson (or President of the team- whatever) that he was going to be fired Monday- Adam Gase denies he was told that and it’s kind of a pissing match here. 

I haven’t listened to wfan is so long. I used to all day, fall asleep with it on the radio. Carton is a big reason I stopped.  Mike and the Mad Dog will never be topped. 

aren't all NFL Mondays black nowadays?

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I haven’t listened to wfan is so long. I used to all day, fall asleep with it on the radio. Carton is a big reason I stopped.  Mike and the Mad Dog will never be topped. 

Sometimes I can’t be bothered to find a podcast to listen to on the drive home so I will listen to Michael Kay show (which I am starting to lose interest in as well) - and during commercials I’ll put on FAN. This was a big thing. Even the 20/20 updates were talking about. 

Dogs kid and Cartons kid did a two hour show the other day and mini Russo said Gase firing is not confirmed and mini Carton jumped in immediately and said yes it’s confirmed (defending his old man). 

FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports Charger HC Anthony Lynn is expected to be fired after Week 17.

Lynn is 32-31 as the Los Angeles head coach and should be able to pull off his fifth straight win by facing the Kansas City backups this week. However, he had three years with Phillip Rivers and one year with the presumed Rookie of the Year Justin Herbert and made the playoffs just once. Lynn is meeting with Chargers management on Monday and is expected to receive the news then. The Chargers have the talent to be trending in the right direction over th next few years Herbert, Austin Ekeler, and Keenan Allen all under contract for the foreseeable future. They simply need a coach who can avoid the grievous late-game mistakes that Lynn is now known for. His firing isn't a done deal yet but looks more likely than not. Expect the Chargers to start interviewing candidates for Lynn's vacated position within the next month.