Sign in to follow this  
SF Forty Niners

I need an Intervention

I’m just at a complete insane place

it’s only 3 days and I’m freaking out 

I want more fantasy football  .

why am I so addicted to this 🧐🤷🏼‍♂️It’s like a really bad drug hooked on  shrooms or something I’m not sure what to do NOW that it’s over 🤦🏻‍♂️

damn I vacuumed the house , did the dishes , going to run some clothes through the wash and dry .

Got to be a better way to get on with life after playoffs and champion crowned 🤷🏼‍♂️🙃

it was easy if you came out on top and won

last  year was easy as the year before

now I just continue to look at my losing line up 

and think what if’s

losing 3rd place game by .19 

what could I have done 🤣😳🙃🤦🏻‍♂️🚬🧐👊🚬🤪🤷🏼‍♂️🧐

sorry wrong board I should be on the alotta help board 

Lol , it’s all good, I know what made this ff season even more special, it took my mind away from a lot of crap that’s been going on In this world today. 

Every week for a short time , I was able to relax and enjoy a few min of good ff chat, and was able to manage my ff team. 

I appreciate this thread.  

• Like 1

Weepaws 

100% agree it was nice to get away and for a little bit of time be focused on fun and not the craziness around me - around the world . 
😁❤️ I miss you FF leagues 

lol till next year 

43 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

You can't get "hooked on shrooms," silly.

🤣

That would be a hell of an addiction

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SF Forty Niners said:

I’m just at a complete insane place

it’s only 3 days and I’m freaking out 

I want more fantasy football  .

why am I so addicted to this 🧐🤷🏼‍♂️It’s like a really bad drug hooked on  shrooms or something I’m not sure what to do NOW that it’s over 🤦🏻‍♂️

You're not alone. I start having withdrawal symptoms around this time every year. 

Luckily, I'm still a fan of non-fantasy football as well. I've spent my entire life in Minnesota, so obviously I've been Vikings fan my entire life.

Whenever I get together with friends, they're amazed at how much I can tell them about every single team, at least the offensive players.

That's because of fantasy football. I love some of the drama involved in some of the games this weekend. For example, the Cowboys at the Giants.

Not a fan of either team, but they're going to be playing as if it was a playoff.. There's a legitimate chance the Redskins could lose to the Eagles Sunday night, & if that happens, whoever wins the game will be in. 

• Like 1

Most years I'm really glad to be done with FF for a while, after doing waivers, trades and lineups for 25ish teams for 13-16 weeks.  This year I only did 5 leagues, so I'm not as sick of it by now as I usually am, but I'm still glad to be past the year of the asterisk.

• Like 1

With the advent of the interwebnet, it takes a special kind of effort to maintain that one degree of separation from fellow owners. Everyone has access to the same information. So, as a result, I find myself working harder than ever to keep an edge.....and by the time that my last player has completed his game in week 16, I am wearied. Might call it fantasy fatigue.

However, as you mentioned, those games that you lose by the slimmest of margins in the finals, are the ones that never really go away. In fact, I still wince when I think of a finals game I lost in the waning seconds of the Monday night game....over 20 years ago. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, stonewall said:

s, are the ones that never really go away. In fact, I still wince when I think of a finals game I lost in the waning seconds of the Monday night game....over 20 years ago. 

dang in the waning seconds omg that hurts and over 20 years ago Damn !!!

I can relate it to my fishing for largemouth 

Bass fishing you know 🙃😳

I can remember the big one must have been over 10 Lbs I lost over 7 years ago  but the ones I’ve caught I don’t 🤷🏼‍♂️

funny how the competitive mind works 🤣

insane replies to my post thank you all for the responses I have to say great stuff 

great forum thank you all 

Do you do playoff fantasy OP?

Back before all FF leagues were on websites, I used to do a league where you could pick one guy from each playoff team to form a team for the entire playoffs.  I always thought that was tough because you basically had to also predict which teams were going to win (basically you probably wanted the QB’s of the teams in the SB).

18 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Do you do playoff fantasy OP?

Back before all FF leagues were on websites, I used to do a league where you could pick one guy from each playoff team to form a team for the entire playoffs.  I always thought that was tough because you basically had to also predict which teams were going to win (basically you probably wanted the QB’s of the teams in the SB).

What’s Fantasy OP?

5 hours ago, SF Forty Niners said:

What’s Fantasy OP?

Sorry was referring to you as the OP (original poster), probably should have been a comma after fantasy 

• Thanks 1

I hear you man, it can be a very addictive hobby, and for me was moreso this year.  I think part of it is the distraction and part of it is having a lot more free time this year so fantasy fills some of that void. 

On 12/31/2020 at 12:47 AM, stonewall said:

With the advent of the interwebnet, it takes a special kind of effort to maintain that one degree of separation from fellow owners. Everyone has access to the same information. So, as a result, I find myself working harder than ever to keep an edge.....and by the time that my last player has completed his game in week 16, I am wearied. Might call it fantasy fatigue.

However, as you mentioned, those games that you lose by the slimmest of margins in the finals, are the ones that never really go away. In fact, I still wince when I think of a finals game I lost in the waning seconds of the Monday night game....over 20 years ago. 

I know a similar feeling; I had Cam Newton as my QB in 2014 when he got hit by a car. I dropped him and picked up the best QB on the waiver wire to prevent my opponent from getting somebody good because his QB also got injured. Well, somehow Cam came back from getting hit by a car and my opponent picked him up and got decent numbers from him, while my stacked combo of Big Ben (my backup QB that year) and Antonio Brown didn’t do much in the finals. Add in the fact that his kicker got 20+ points, and a great season came to an end with a loss on the wackiest of flukes.