Sign in to follow this  
AxeElf

Fun Fact

In the Super Bowl era, 258 teams have started a season with a 2-7 record, and exactly ZERO of them have ever made the playoffs.

After the Texans, Chargers, Cowboys, Giants and Re-skins all started this season 2-7, that record will go to 1-262 on Sunday, when either the Cowboys, Giants, or Re-skins will make the playoffs as the NFC East Champion.

Put 20 bucks of fantasy winnings on Cowboys to win Superbowl.

Currently +10000 or 100/1 odds.

Not a Cowboys fan, and not under any particular delusions, but of all the remaining longshots, they seem to be the only ones with the potential tools. The Red Rifle finally looking healthy and synched with his trio of talented receivers. Zeke looking like his old self, with Pollard a great addition. Defense even showing up from time to time recently. If Philly comes through this week against the Skins, anything can happen.

Yeah....I can probably kiss that 20 bucks goodbye, but wouldn't have even had it without Diggs performance on Monday night.....so it feels like house money.

Axually the Cowboys would have been the longest shot of all, not only starting 2-7 but digging themselves into a 3-9 hole before turning things around (to the extent that things have been turned around).

Imagine Dallas winning the Super Bowl.... how the offseason in Dallas will go.  Dak was 2-3 in his 5 games.  After coming back from injury, Dalton would have finished the season 5-2 then winning 3 road and 1 neutral site playoff game.  Does Dallas re-sign Dak?

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Imagine Dallas winning the Super Bowl.... how the offseason in Dallas will go.  Dak was 2-3 in his 5 games.  After coming back from injury, Dalton would have finished the season 5-2 then winning 3 road and 1 neutral site playoff game.  Does Dallas re-sign Dak?

Before the season wasn't he offered $35M a year extension for 5 years,  but Prescott wanted the 5th year to be $45M? 

Think he would get that offer from any team including the Cowboys next year whether they win or lose?

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

Before the season wasn't he offered $35M a year extension for 5 years,  but Prescott wanted the 5th year to be $45M? 

Think he would get that offer from any team including the Cowboys next year whether they win or lose?

Not sure of the specifics, but I do believe he was offered a long term deal.  I think he wanted $40M+ per year and Dallas offered him $30M?  As I said, not sure of the specifics.

I think he gets a 1 year deal no matter where he signs.  I think the majority of people that believe in Prescott are NOT actually decision makers in the NFL.  Prescott is a decent QB.  One you can win with, but he can't lead your team there.  He's like Flacco in a way.  Good enough to help you win, but if you over pay him, you'll never win.

3 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

That's deserving of an old Wall Street adage: Pigs get fat, & hogs get slaughtered :)

9 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Dallas winning the SB would be very 2020

It would have to be the 2021 SB; the Chiefs already got 2020's.

On 12/31/2020 at 5:23 PM, TimHauck said:

Dallas winning the SB would be very 2020

....but apparently not very 2021.

McCarthy not challenging the "catch" by Pettis that put NYG's in FG range in the 4th quarter sunk the Boys, putting them behind 4 points instead of one.

Cost me $20....but easy come/easy go, as they say.

Now, I just need to figure out how to waste the other 1,180. Maybe bet on the Giants to win SB before the Redskin game tonight, lol.

6 hours ago, stonewall said:

Now, I just need to figure out how to waste the other 1,180. Maybe bet on the Giants to win SB before the Redskin game tonight, lol.

You're off to a good start.

17 hours ago, stonewall said:

....but apparently not very 2021.

McCarthy not challenging the "catch" by Pettis that put NYG's in FG range in the 4th quarter sunk the Boys, putting them behind 4 points instead of one.

Cost me $20....but easy come/easy go, as they say.

If you want to piss more money away, bet "The Field" when asked... Tampa or The Field, for super bowl winner.  :thumbsup: