Sign in to follow this  
Strike

Steve Job's widow: ”It’s not right for individuals to accumulate a massive amount of wealth"

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Maybe pay the same tax rate as me? At least? 

That is fair but not the same as capping wealth at a certain amount. 

7 minutes ago, Strike said:

Yes it is.  And I gave you the opportunity to clarify and you chose not to.  You still can if you want.  The thread still exists.  But nice try at backtracking. 

You can just try re-reading what I actually did say :cheers:

42 minutes ago, Bill E. said:

That is fair but not the same as capping wealth at a certain amount. 

I wouldn’t be for that. I would care less about the taxes if she couldn’t use all that money for her political beliefs. Citizens United man, another gift from George W Bush and company.  Man did that one backfire on the Republican voter. Did they not think they liberals can be crazy rich too? 

Can anyone tell me what Trump did for the American worker? The trade imbalance with China is greater today than when he took office. Manufacturing makes up the smallest share of the economy in decades. The cost of healthcare expenses has gone up along with the overall number of uninsured. 

The sum total of what Trump has done is demonize refugees and blame China. He promised tariffs on US businesses that off shore. Never happened. His administration has been consistently anti-union and anti-labor. The man talks a big game but he’s just a country club Republican with a fake populist schtick.

The emperor has no clothes at all.

I guess all those unions backed him and not Biden because he didn’t do anything for them. You come here to have discourse and people just say things. Now someone will trot out the teachers union and other public sector unions. The ones that aren’t dependent on the economy or their jobs can’t be shipped away. 

I have a union health plan, as do many of my friends in the trades. They love their health plans and want nothing to do with single payer. Doesn’t stop people who don’t have one or know anyone that does from commenting on it. My healthcare costs haven’t increased much at all. 

26 minutes ago, MDC said:

Can anyone tell me what Trump did for the American worker? 

Beuller? :dunno: 

4 hours ago, MDC said:

Same as Obama, nothing except he didn't saddle them with one of the worse most expensive pieces of legislation in the history of the country? :dunno:

Well MDC and HT have one thing in common they believe Warren is the most disgusting person on the planet.  He created nothing, built nothing only made 100's of billions off the working man.

6 minutes ago, Bert said:

Same as Obama, nothing except he didn't saddle them with one of the worse most expensive pieces of legislation in the history of the country? :dunno:

Pretty much. 

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

Pretty much. 

In fairness to both, if you consider the "working man" a manufacturer, there hasn't been a president in my 51 years of life that helped the working man.

25 minutes ago, Bert said:

Well MDC and HT have one thing in common they believe Warren is the most disgusting person on the planet.  He created nothing, built nothing only made 100's of billions off the working man.

Warren who? Buffett ?? He says the same thing I’m saying.  I’ll take his word for it. 

19 minutes ago, Bert said:

In fairness to both, if you consider the "working man" a manufacturer, there hasn't been a president in my 51 years of life that helped the working man.

I consider working class basically everyone except the idle rich / investor class. Our whole tax structure and laws are designed for their benefit. Far as manufacturing goes, it died here because US labor has to compete with foreign workers who are willing to do the same job for pennies on the dollar with no protections.

It sucks. And you’re right no POTUS of my lifetime has ever done anything about it.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Warren who? Buffett ?? He says the same thing I’m saying.  I’ll take his word for it. 

Yes the hypocritical fock does the exact opposite of what he says.  Do you have any idea the 100's of millions he pays in tax attorneys and lobbyists to ensure the laws don't change to hurt the money him and his companies make?  Do you also believe everything Obama said as president? How about Cuomo?  

Besides the federal tax return allows an individual to pay more tax than the minimum.  Still to date Warren has never contributed more than the minimum.  

12 minutes ago, MDC said:

I consider working class basically everyone except the idle rich / investor class. Our whole tax structure and laws are designed for their benefit. Far as manufacturing goes, it died here because US labor has to compete with foreign workers who are willing to do the same job for pennies on the dollar with no protections.

It sucks. And you’re right no POTUS of my lifetime has ever done anything about it.

Bernie would’ve. But that’s really about it for even halfway viable candidates. Trump claimed he was going to but was predictably 100% full of it

13 minutes ago, MDC said:

What defines "ideal rich"?  Anyone who benefits from capital gains?  The tax code also provides huge loop holes for the working class. 

6 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Bernie would’ve. But that’s really about it for even halfway viable candidates. Trump claimed he was going to but was predictably 100% full of it

I disagree.  In a global economy, what Bernie was proposing would have driven more companies out of the US.

6 minutes ago, Bert said:

I disagree.  In a global economy, what Bernie was proposing would have driven more companies out of the US.

In a focking heartbeat.

14 minutes ago, Bert said:

Maybe but that’s irrelevant. The point was he would’ve shifted favor away from the uber-wealthy who have been “winning” for at least 40 years now 

5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I wouldn’t be for that. I would care less about the taxes if she couldn’t use all that money for her political beliefs. Citizens United man, another gift from George W Bush and company.  Man did that one backfire on the Republican voter. Did they not think they liberals can be crazy rich too? 

I do not know but the rise of high tech and social media has put an insane amount of money in the hands of some really crazy people. 

21 minutes ago, Bert said:

What defines "ideal rich"?  Anyone who benefits from capital gains?  The tax code also provides huge loop holes for the working class. 

Not anyone who benefits from capital gains but people who entirely live on CG, sure. Why should Mitt Romney pay a 13-14% effective tax rate when mine is closer to 25%? 

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Not anyone who benefits from capital gains but people who entirely live on CG, sure. Why should Mitt Romney pay a 13-14% effective tax rate when mine is closer to 25%? 

Good for you.  I didn’t realize you made over $200K. 

Also funny you only point out Mitt. How about Heinz/Kerry or the Hypocritical Rockefeller’s?  

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

Also funny you only point out Mitt. How about Heinz/Kerry or the Hypocritical Rockefeller’s?  

MDC is totally in to cattle. 🐮 

1 hour ago, Bert said:

I don’t. My wife and I file jointly. A few years back our effective rate (state local federal) was close to 25%. We make jointly about $150k. I only mention Romney because his rate became public. Fock Heinz/Kerry and the Rockefeller’s too. And Fock Trump and Biden. HTH.

• Sad 1

On 1/1/2021 at 11:20 AM, Bill E. said:

So you get to 1 Billion then what?  Close your businesses and lay off all your workers?   Take your money out of the stock market and go home? 

Yes. Exactly. Good call. Lets go with that.

21 hours ago, MDC said:

I could, but why?  You're a self admitted troll.  Stop doing that and we can have an actual discourse, with facts and stuff. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Strike said:

I could, but why?  You're a self admitted troll.  Stop doing that and we can have an actual discourse, with facts and stuff. 

You say that like having a discussion with you is some sort of prize. 

55 minutes ago, MDC said:

55 minutes ago, MDC said:

You don’t enjoy debating the angriest drunk at the bar? Weird.

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

You don’t enjoy debating the angriest drunk at the bar? Weird.

You seem like a guy that’s fun to drink with.  

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Well yeah the best price ever!!  But no one else answered you either.  Do you think that's because they don't know the answer?  Hint:. It's not.

23 minutes ago, Strike said:

Well yeah the best price ever!!  But no one else answered you either.  Do you think that's because they don't know the answer?  Hint:. It's not.

That dude doesn't get. He trolls a website for 20+ years using the same schtick he used since back in the 90's and then expects people to take him seriously. 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Every political discussion here turns into a sissy slapfight with or without my participation. You and your ilk are as responsible for that as anyone.

Get off your high horse. 

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

Every political discussion here turns into a sissy slapfight with or without my participation. You and your ilk are as responsible for that as anyone.

Get off your high horse. 

Game to see you still had time to troll while you were putting your dog down. You’re a trooper, dedicated to your craft. It’s like the time Brett Favre threw all those TD’s the day his father died.  T’s & P’s. 

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Get off your high horse. 

This is crap.  I won't speak for anyone else but I support my stances with links/facts/proof.  Unfortunately, when I try to engage "your ilk" all I get is talking points and BS.  Take Worms for example.  I responded more than reasonably to his assertion that capitalism is a mechanism for wealth redistribution.  I WANTED to engage him and get him to support his assertion or clarify what he meant.  I got crickets.  When I brought that up again later all he wants to do is suggest I misread his post.  His post was pretty clear but, as usual, he doesn't want to engage because he can NEVER support his stance with any actual evidence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Strike said:

This is crap.  I won't speak for anyone else but I support my stances with links/facts/proof.  Unfortunately, when I try to engage "your ilk" all I get is talking points and BS.  Take Worms for example.  I responded more than reasonably to his assertion that capitalism is a mechanism for wealth redistribution.  I WANTED to engage him and get him to support his assertion or clarify what he meant.  I got crickets.  When I brought that up again later all he wants to do is suggest I misread his post.  His post was pretty clear but, as usual, he doesn't want to engage because he can NEVER support his stance with any actual evidence.

That’s because you constantly lie and misrepresent my positions. I ain’t playing that horsesh1t game :wave:

Just now, IGotWorms said:

That’s because you constantly lie and misrepresent my positions. I ain’t playing that horsesh1t game :wave:

You don't play any game you start and can't defend. :wave:

13 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Weren’t you just claiming today that people here are all about far right media and wack job conspiracy theorists, when they never cite them? Yeah, you don’t misrepresent anyone. And you just make things up about people.  MDCuck drags up old posts by me with democratic positions and of course you disregard that and claim I’m lying about being a former democrat. it’s so hard to believe anyone ever changes their politics. Never happens. So you just go for the personal attack. 

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

That should be easy to demonstrate yet you've never once done so.  You're just a pathetic hack.

• Thanks 1