Clemson vs OSU

1 minute ago, shorepatrol said:

Clemson getting buttfucked bigly. I hate losing money :mad:

Is there no defense in the NCAA?

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I thought Lawrence was some super stud

I am not impressed, only watching cause there is nothing on

Fields looks better to me

Fields is throwing to WIDE open receivers, I'm not impressed with that. 

2 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Fields is throwing to WIDE open receivers, I'm not impressed with that. 

He seems to have a stronger arm though.  I’ve never thought Lawrence had that great of an arm.  Unless he is some sort of QB savant like Peyton Manning, I don’t see the greatness in Lawrence..  :dunno:

That one dude got kicked out for targeting. WTF is targeting? He put his head down, but hit the guy with his shoulder and got booted for it. 

Doesn't every tackler "target" to tackle the guy with the ball?

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

That one dude got kicked out for targeting. WTF is targeting? He put his head down, but hit the guy with his shoulder and got booted for it. 

Doesn't every tackler "target" to tackle the guy with the ball?

Dude went straight helmet , zero shoulder. I still don't think that was targeting though. 

2 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Dude went straight helmet , zero shoulder. I still don't think that was targeting though. 

He put his head down cause the dumb ass QB tried to spin and if he didn’t it would’ve been helmet to helmet and he would’ve been ejected for that. Total BS call. But the refs made it obvious in Ohio states first TD drive they are on their side when the ref ignored one of the Clemson defenders being held from behind with the defenders arm wrapped around his shoulders. 

Still, Clemson is playing like ass and needs to get it together. They usually play better in the second half so here’s to hoping they pull it off. If not and they lose oh well. I’ll just have to focus on my own success this year :dunno: 

1 minute ago, Djgb13 said:

He put his head down cause the dumb ass QB tried to spin and if he didn’t it would’ve been helmet to helmet and he would’ve been ejected for that. Total BS call. But the refs made it obvious in Ohio states first TD drive they are on their side when the ref ignored one of the Clemson defenders being held from behind with the defenders arm wrapped around his shoulders. 

Still, Clemson is playing like ass and needs to get it together. They usually play better in the second half so here’s to hoping they pull it off. If not and they lose oh well. I’ll just have to focus on my own success this year :dunno: 

Frauds.

4 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

From one angle, as he was tackling, you could only see his shoulder hitting the QB and you couldn't even see the tackler's head because it was behind the runner.

2 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Would have been helmet to helmet? The QB got hit in his lower back. 3 feet below his head.

Targeting is currently defined as lowering the crown of the helmet and hitting with force to the opponent. Intent doesn’t matter and where the contact initiates doesn’t matter. That is the rule.

Now, I think they should change the rule so that it is not so broad, but until they do it, that play will be called (correctly) for targeting.

The Clemson defense looks awful.

Just now, Utilit99 said:

Would have been helmet to helmet? The QB got hit in his lower back. 3 feet below his head.

Because the LB lowered himself :doh: if he would’ve tried to hit him straight up it would’ve been helmet to helmet. 

I originally thought the call was BS but after seeing it again it was definitely a penalty. Head was down and hit him with the top of his helmet. Dude is lucky he didn’t break his neck. Before targeting was a rule it would’ve been called spearing. I disagree with getting ejected though. 

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Targeting is currently defined as lowering the crown of the helmet and hitting with force to the opponent. Intent doesn’t matter and where the contact initiates doesn’t matter. That is the rule.

Now, I think they should change the rule so that it is not so broad, but until they do it, that play will be called (correctly) for targeting 

I’ve been said they needed to change that rule. Too many players are getting ejected because of it. It’s a retarded rule and needs to be amended 

5 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Wrong. If he was looking up, instead of down, it would not have been a penalty.  Dangerous play. 

Just now, Djgb13 said:

I’ve been said they needed to change that rule. Too many players are getting ejected because of it. It’s a retarded rule and needs to be amended 

I don’t know that they will change it. Leading with your head down is dangerous to the tackler and the player being tackled. They are looking to get rid of that at all levels now. You have to see what you are tackling.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Wrong. If he was looking up, instead of down, it would not have been a penalty.  Dangerous play. 

No I watched the replay quite a bit and he would’ve hit him in the helmet or come close. At the speed of play, it’s easy to say “well he should’ve did this” but when you’re faced with it in the moment it’s completely different. I would’ve lowered myself as well (not my head to the extent he did though). 

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I don’t know that they will change it. Leading with your head down is dangerous to the tackler and the player being tackled. They are looking to get rid of that at all levels now. You have to see what you are tackling.

I doubt they will either but I’ve been saying they need to stop the ejection with the first called targeting. Second time they do it? Yea toss them. Happened in an earlier game today too. 

8 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Because the LB lowered himself :doh: if he would’ve tried to hit him straight up it would’ve been helmet to helmet. 

What tackler takes on a guy running at full speed towards him standing straight up? They all lower their bodies, so therefore they lower their heads. Just saw one guy tackle a runner where his face was towards the ground and he nailed the runner in his knees with his shoulders. If he hit him in the mid section, one side of the helmet would have brushed against the guy's body. That's what happens when tackling mid section. Can't avoid it unless it's only an arm tackle which then it wouldn't be an actual tackle in the first place because he would have been blown past on the field.

4 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

No I watched the replay quite a bit and he would’ve hit him in the helmet or come close. At the speed of play, it’s easy to say “well he should’ve did this” but when you’re faced with it in the moment it’s completely different. I would’ve lowered myself as well (not my head to the extent he did though). 

You can lower yourself to make a tackle while looking forward instead of straight down. That’s why he got the penalty. Don’t hit with the crown of your helmet. 

What tackler takes on a guy running at full speed towards him standing straight up? They all lower their bodies, so therefore they lower their heads. Just saw one guy tackle a runner where his face was towards the ground and he nailed the runner in his knees with his shoulders. If he hit him in the mid section, one side of the helmet would have brushed against the guy's body. That's what happens when tackling mid section. Can't avoid it unless it's only an arm tackle. 

Not lower your head. You keep your eyes on the target. Lower your hips and bend your knees. It is very similar to a wrestling take down. Keep your eyes up and see what you are tackling. The goal is to tackle, not just hit with your helmet.

2 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Not lower your head. You keep your eyes on the target. Lower your hips and bend your knees. It is very similar to a wrestling take down. Keep your eyes up and see what you are tackling. The goal is to tackle, not just hit with your helmet.

Exactly

3 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

:thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Can't argue with that

14 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I see on many many many plays in every game defenders having their heads facing the ground when tackling or trying to tackle runners in open space. I don't know how you all don't see it. 

I see on many many many plays in every game defenders having their heads facing the ground when tackling or trying to tackle runners in open space. I don't know how you all don't see it. 

I see it all the time too. In college, with contact with the crown of the helmet, it is targeting. I teach kids how to tackle and we have changed what we teach significantly in the last several years. 

29 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

No but we are seeing the next Jets QB. 

I remember a draft with Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf. I see the same thing here. :dunno: