Frozenbeernuts

Democrats propose ban on all gender specific words

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/democrats-propose-ban-she-gender-021515146.html

Republicans have condemned a Democrat plan to eliminate gender-specific pronouns such as "he" and "she" from the rules of the US House of Representatives.

Nancy Pelosi, the Democrat Speaker of the House, announced the proposal as a "bold and future-focused" move, and said it would make the lower chamber of Congress the "most inclusive in history" for transgender and nonbinary people.

The move would do away with any gender-specific references, such as "man", "woman", "husband" or "wife" in the 45-page text of the rules that will govern the House during the 117th Congress, which convenes on Sunday.

Kevin McCarthy, the Republican leader in the House, wrote on Twitter: "This is stupid. Signed - A father, son, and brother".

Kelly Loeffler, the Republican senator standing for re-election in Georgia on Tuesday, added: "The far-left’s priorities, everyone. If you’d like to still be able to call yourself a father, daughter, mother or son, vote for me on Tuesday. Sincerely, A Proud Daughter."

Democrats said the aim was to "ensure we are inclusive of all members and their families - including those who are nonbinary."

References to "father" and "mother" would be replaced by "parent", while "son' and "daughter" would become "child".

Mentions of "brother" and "sister" would become "sibling". Aunts and uncles would be changed to "parent's sibling".

Other changes would include altering "submit his or her resignation" to "resigns", "chairman" becoming "chair", and "seaman" being changed to "seafarer".

The proposal was put forward by the Democrat-led House rules committee, which is sometimes known as the "traffic cop of the House", and backed by Ms Pelosi.

The committee said its intention was to "honour all gender identities by changing pronouns and familial relationships in the House rules to be gender-neutral."

Ms Pelosi said it was a "visionary rules package which reflects the views and values of the full range of our historically diverse House Democratic majority."

She added: "These proposals reflect our priorities as a caucus and as a country."

The rules package also includes establishing a House Office of Diversity and Inclusion.

It will be voted on in the first few days of the new Congress. Democrats will hold a slim majority of about 10 in the 435-member House.

The proposal also included other measures such as banning members of the House and their staff from spreading "manipulated media" like "deepfakes".

Ms Pelosi is facing the challenge of getting enough of her party to turn up in person during the pandemic to ensure she is re-elected as Speaker at the start of the new session.

In the new Congress she will lead a group of House Democrats that includes an increasingly vocal left wing.

Elise Stefanik, a Republican congresswoman from New York, told the New York Post: "Instead of reviving the economy, restoring our Constitutional freedoms and delivering results for the American people, Speaker Pelosi has chosen her debut legislation - which would ban words like mother, sister and daughter."

Nicole Malliotakis, a Republican congresswoman, added: "Here’s a gender neutral word to describe this legislation: ridiculous."

Another recently elected Republican congresswoman wrote on Twitter: "Blatant denial of truth and attack on families!"

If you voted for Democrats this is on you. Nice job tearing our culture down, useful idiots. Trump did nothing close to this bullshit. And he’s the authoritarian, extremist. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope every time Pelosi gets up to speak and says he or she or calls Trump "that man", Republican congressmen stand up and yell I object to your hateful use of that foul term.  Throw it back in her face.

• Like 1

This is where the liberals say something like “meh, it doesn’t affect me, you conservatives are grasping at things to complain about.”  :thumbsup:

“It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.” 

“But if thought corrupts language, language can also corrupt thought.”
― George Orwell, 1984

2021 House Democrats 

:doh:

• Haha 2

Feel bad for the average person who thinks he is a democratic. He doesn't believe in this crap and knows that his party has no real ideas. Yet he clings to a past that no longer exists where the Dems were the champions of the hard working Americans. 

3 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Feel bad for the average person who thinks he is a democratic. He doesn't believe in this crap and knows that his party has no real ideas. Yet he clings to a past that no longer exists where the Dems were the champions of the hard working Americans. 

And they can’t believe people actually left that party. I’m starting to think I was a pioneer, not an outlier. More to come once OMB is gone and they don’t have him to blame. 

4 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

I heard a Jerry Springer interview on Megyn Kelly’s podcast recently; he has an interesting past and perspective on his show, but relevant to the above:  he started talking about politics and why he is a democrat, and I was thinking “1970 called to tell you that democrats are no longer the party of blue collar workers, or the encouragers of diverse thoughts.”  

He reminded me of my mom, who voted democrat because she always voted democrat and people from union areas always vote democrat.  :thumbsup: 

If the republicans can pick up their vote counting game they should easily win the mid terms and the next general election. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If the republicans can pick up their vote counting game they should easily win the mid terms and the next general election. 

Exactly, the more crap like this that they try and pull is going to help the GOP win the mid terms easily.

Just now, Mr. Hand said:

Exactly, the more crap like this that they try and pull is going to help the GOP win the mid terms easily.

But we have to get in on the vote rigging. It’s legal now. Dead republicans can vote too. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Hand said:

If the Reps can't win at least one of the Georgia seats, the mid terms will be too late. 

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

But we have to get in on the vote rigging. It’s legal now. Dead republicans can vote too. 

It won't matter if those votes don't get counted. 

18 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

But we have to get in on the vote rigging. It’s legal now. Dead republicans can vote too

You guys have literally no evidence of this. So says your own justice department, Supreme Court, and basically every state that matters to electoral politics.

You think if you just say it enough it’ll become true. Or sorta true. But people are tired of that sh1t :thumbsdown:

You are right about one thing though—these kinds of stupid stunts by the Dems will only help republicans. What a bizarre gift to hand them right before the GA Senate races

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

You guys have literally no evidence of this. So says your own justice department, Supreme Court, and basically every state that matters to electoral politics.

You think if you just say it enough it’ll become true. Or sorta true. But people are tired of that sh1t :thumbsdown:

You are right about one thing though—these kinds of stupid stunts by the Dems will only help republicans. What a bizarre gift to hand them right before the GA Senate races

I don't think you know what the word "literally" means.

There's plenty of evidence. Sworn affidavits are evidence. Videos of suspicious activity is evidence. 

Just because it wasn't allowed to be presented in court doesn't mean it didn't happen. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

If the Reps can't win at least one of the Georgia seats, the mid terms will be too late. 

I understand that but that would mean the greater likelihood they will pass liberal crap and it won’t fly. That increases the chances of the GOP winning the midterms in addition to historical precedence regarding how the other party does in midterms. The elections in November did not go as well as the Dems thought they would. This country will not tolerate the liberal crap that is being pushed by the progressives of the Democrat party. 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Hand said:

I understand that but that would mean the greater likelihood they will pass liberal crap and it won’t fly. That increases the chances of the GOP winning the midterms in addition to historical precedence regarding how the other party does in midterms. The elections in November did not go as well as the Dems thought they would. This country will not tolerate the liberal crap that is being pushed by the progressives of the Democrat party. 

Do you actually think most will hear about the liberal crap they are doing? The media will hide it like they hid Hunter Bidens laptop. They will bury it under the spot they buried Joe Biden knowing and hiding the fact his son raped his niece.  

You will know. I will know. But Joe blow on the street will never know.

9 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Do you actually think most will hear about the liberal crap they are doing? The media will hide it like they hid Hunter Bidens laptop. They will bury it under the spot they buried Joe Biden knowing and hiding the fact his son raped his niece.  

You will know. I will know. But Joe blow on the street will never know.

I agree the MSM won’t cover it thank goodness for Fox News

22 minutes ago, Mr. Hand said:

With control of both houses of Congress and the WH, there's nobody to stop them from doing all of the things they've said they want to do.

Pack the SCOTUS, do away with the filibuster, make DC and PR states....

We'd have to rely on Kamaltoe to have America's best interests at heart with her tie breaking vote. 

Schmuck Schumer said so himself. "First we take Georgia and then we change America."

What they need to ban is racial classifications. 

• Like 2

Just now, 5-Points said:

With control of both houses of Congress and the WH, there's nobody to stop them from doing all of the things they've said they want to do.

We'd have to rely on Kamaltoe to have America's best interests at heart with her tie breaking vote. 

Schmuck Schumer said so himself. "First we take Georgia and then we change America."

I agree there’s nothing to stop them for the first two year but hopefully the midterms will begin to change things and then the 2024 Presidential election. I’m trying to be optimistic.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Hand said:

I agree the MSM won’t cover it thank goodness for Fox News

Maybe but I don't have much faith in fox

2 minutes ago, DonS said:

"Comrade" is gender neutral... 

But is it mutually inclusive? 

When they ask why was there a second civil war, some historians might point out the attempt to shame and destroy every single aspect of western culture by radical leftists to gain power, right down to pronouns.

42 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

But is it mutually inclusive? 

Some comrades were more equal than others in the USSR.

53 minutes ago, peenie said:

Or not ban anything.  There's always that. 

1 hour ago, peenie said:

Extend that to the liberal media and hussein himself. They won't have anything to talk or write about anymore.

6 hours ago, 5-Points said:

LOL Not her, she's fully on board. It's Joe Manchin that would partially save America from this crap if anyone does.

6 hours ago, peenie said:

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Winner

• Thanks 1

Who would be Senate majority leader if the democrats win? Schumer. Might as well put Worms in charge.  Empty the prisons and free stuff for everyone. Even citizens of other countries.   Come on in! But don’t say Uncle! 

9 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

LOL Not her, she's fully on board. It's Joe Manchin that would partially save America from this crap if anyone does.

So you're saying the potential VP wouldn't have America's best interests at heart?  :(

Amen has zero to do with gender.  We are being led by outright idiots who's first inclination is defer to identity over anything else.  

Origins of amen

Amen is commonly used after a prayer, creed, or other formal statement. It is spoken to express solemn ratification or agreement. It means “it is so” or “so it be.” Amen is derived from the Hebrew āmēn, which means “certainty,” “truth,” and “verily.”

In English, the word has two primary pronunciations: ah-men or ay-men. But, it can be expressed in endless ways, from a soft whisper to a joyous shout. Amen is found in both the Old and New Testament.

3 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

:lol:  "Amen and Awoman"  :lol:

The gender neutral club that meets in the quad on Thursday’s is calling the shots now.