Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Football Team at Eagles: SNF Discussion

Washington wins and they're in...

Inactives

Washington: LB Thomas Davis, WR Robert Foster, WR Antonio Gandy-Golden, RB Lamar Miller, LB Kevin Pierre-Louis, OT David Steinmetz

Eagles: DE Derek Barnett, DT Fletcher Cox, TE Dallas Goedert, WR DeSean Jackson, CB Michael Jacquet, WR Alshon Jeffery, OT Jordan Mailata, TE Richard Rodgers, RB Miles Sanders, QB Carson Wentz

If Washington loses, the Giants will be in the playoffs with a 6-10 record. That is truly pathetic....

24 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Rooting for Hurts to go huge so they trade Wentz to indy.

Do you love Hurts, or hate Indy ?

43 minutes ago, dogcows said:

If Washington loses, the Giants will be in the playoffs with a 6-10 record. That is truly pathetic....

No team from that division should be making the playoff, a team should need to have at least 8 wins to make the playoffs.  

Last playoff spot in the nfc should go to Zona.  

• Like 1

Logan Thomas picked three eagles defenders on that cam sims first down.  Well two I guess, but one of them fell into the third guy.

Great throw by our hero Alex Smith to McClaurin for that TD.  Perfect placement and a great route.  Whooped him right off the line of scrimmage.

I guess this is the first points washington has scored on their opening drive all year.  Eagles defense looks pretty bad.  Secondary seems less than stellar.

We get to watch that 7th round rookie safety that might make Landon Collins obsolete... Kamren Curl...

And he just picks off a pass!!!

I guess we can add RPO to the list of terms announcers don't understand.  RPO stands for Run/Pass Option.  That means the option is either for a run or a pass.  If the option is for the qb to either give it to the runningback or run it himself, it's called a zone-read.

I thought the Eagles were going to lay down based on the 1st quarter.  Then Hurts leads a great drive and they force Washington to punt.  Looks like we got a game.

Sick catch by Logan Thomas for the TD before the half.  This game is shaping up to be a real cracker.

Down by 3 with zero success on the first 3 goal-to-go tries, you go on 4th and goal instead of tying the game with a FG in a defensive battle? We can clearly see why the Eagles are the worst team in the NFL’s worst division.

What happened to Hurts?  I walked away for 5 minutes and came back to Alex Smith throwing a pick and Sudfeld in the game.

6 minutes ago, nobody said:

What happened to Hurts?  I walked away for 5 minutes and came back to Alex Smith throwing a pick and Sudfeld in the game.

The Eagles, apparently, are taking a look at what they'll have available behind center next year.

Or blatantly tanking to give Washington the East.

One or the other depending on who you are rooting for.

Washington trying to give the game away and Philly is like, "Nah, we're good."

Jalen Hurtz, certified garbage. Dumb Pederson, total moron. Any questions?

12 hours ago, easilyscan said:

Do you love Hurts, or hate Indy ?

Hurts blows.

Wentz is going to be fine back with Frank Reich who made him what he was in 2017-2018. Pederson destroyed that with his stupidity.

So, Jalen Hurts is the QB of the future in Philly?  🤣🤣

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Hurts wasn't horrible, but he wasn't great either.  Philly has more problems than him.

That's what Carson Wentz says.....as he gets ready to rejoin Frank Reich and make Dumb Pederson look like the incompetent idiot that he is.

I would like to see Wentz with the Colts next season, I agree, I think Reich will be a big help to him once again  

1 hour ago, lod001 said:

That's what Carson Wentz says.....as he gets ready to rejoin Frank Reich and make Dumb Pederson look like the incompetent idiot that he is.

I have my doubts about Wentz since he seems to have lost all of his mobility.  I would still like to see him do well, outside of Philly and the NFC East.  We'll see.

Anyone follow College Football?  I think it was Peter King's FMIA that said PHI went from the #9 pick to the #6 by losing.  Is there a drop-off at: 6, 7, or 8, for the upcoming Draft?

46 minutes ago, Bills04 said:

Anyone follow College Football?  I think it was Peter King's FMIA that said PHI went from the #9 pick to the #6 by losing.  Is there a drop-off at: 6, 7, or 8, for the upcoming Draft?

Depends what one is looking for, but this doesn’t look like a particularly good draft for defensive difference makers...

35 minutes ago, Bills04 said:

The Eagles were clearly tanking for the draft advantage, and throwing the Giants under the bus as they did so.

Eagles Farce Not Acceptable

The issue with Wentz seems to be more mental than physical. I have never seen a QB go from a bonafide stud to an incompetent buffoon in one season. Yes.. bad O line, limited O weapons, etc.. but as a veteran leader and one who has shown ability to perform at a high level in the past.. he broke down completely mentally, and instead of lifting his team, he lowered the perf of everyone else on the O. not sure its something he can come back from.

27 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

The Eagles were clearly tanking for the draft advantage, and throwing the Giants under the bus as they did so.

Eagles Farce Not Acceptable

:lol:  You mean Peter King, unabashed Skins hater?  Just makes it all even better.  

He should have written about the farce that is week 17 in the NFL.   The NFL should not be scheduling division, or even conference games on week 17.

15 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

You mean Peter King, unabashed Skins hater?

Doesn't really matter who wrote it; it was clear to anyone watching the game that the Eagles were more interested in losing than winning.

15 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

The NFL should not be scheduling division, or even conference games on week 17.

No, the division games at the end of the season basically give us one more week of playoffs, with all the "win and you're in" situations they create--but when teams are intentionally tanking, it compromises the competitiveness of the league, regardless of the opponent.

Maybe we need a draft lottery system like the NBA, to keep teams from trying to get that one or two slot advantage by tanking late-season games.

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

No, the division games at the end of the season basically give us one more week of playoffs, with all the "win and you're in" situations they create--but when teams are intentionally tanking, it compromises the competitiveness of the league, regardless of the opponent.

No, what you get is a 1st place team playing a last place team, and the 2nd place team is complaining that the last place team doesn't care. :lol:

1 hour ago, crackills said:

The issue with Wentz seems to be more mental than physical. I have never seen a QB go from a bonafide stud to an incompetent buffoon in one season. Yes.. bad O line, limited O weapons, etc.. but as a veteran leader and one who has shown ability to perform at a high level in the past.. he broke down completely mentally, and instead of lifting his team, he lowered the perf of everyone else on the O. not sure its something he can come back from.

I would disagree, I think he was playing with a subpar coaching staff and talent.  

He doesn’t run like Hurts, and look at Hurts performance, he can move and make things happen with his feet, Wentz isn’t that type of Qb. 

With better coaching and more talent around him he can be a very productive Qb. 

23 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I would disagree, I think he was playing with a subpar coaching staff and talent.  

He doesn’t run like Hurts, and look at Hurts performance, he can move and make things happen with his feet, Wentz isn’t that type of Qb. 

With better coaching and more talent around him he can be a very productive Qb. 

you mean the same coaching staff that he had <4000 yds, 27td to 7int just last year with? .... it's not the coaching. He is not as mobile as Hurts but he also has twice the arm and way more experience. He looked shell shocked from the beginning of the season. Looks like David Carr out there... happy feet, sporadic throws, bad accuracy, hearing foot steps.