Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Coaching Changes

If I’m Watson, I’m even more motivated to leave.  

Culley doesn’t seem to have a very  good resume. 

I don’t see him being a success as a head coach, imo.  

I hope bienemy lands a job next year and is in the playoffs 70% of the time and wins 2 super bowls

38 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

I hope bienemy lands a job next year and is in the playoffs 70% of the time and wins 2 super bowls

I wouldn't feel that way if I were you.  LOL.  I would be of the mindset of, I hope he stays... but IF he leaves, I hope for the best... unless he plays my team.

Also, from things that I've read and heard, he didn't interview well anywhere.  I think someone needs to work with him... maybe Reid, maybe someone else, and find out why.  The thing is, the better he does at his job, the more likely KC will be deep into the playoffs, which means less opportunities because teams don't want to wait until the end of January to fill their coaching vacancies.  I know Reid just signed an extension to keep him through the 2025, but he's 62 years old, has been a coach (in some for or fashion), for over 35 years and an NFL HC for over 20 years.  He's won a Super Bowl (maybe 2), and been to 3.  He's not a poster child for the word "Healthy".  How many more years do you really think he coaches... 2 more?  3?  Bienemy could be your guy in 2023 or 2024.

13 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I wouldn't feel that way if I were you.  LOL.  I would be of the mindset of, I hope he stays... but IF he leaves, I hope for the best... unless he plays my team.

Also, from things that I've read and heard, he didn't interview well anywhere.  I think someone needs to work with him... maybe Reid, maybe someone else, and find out why.  The thing is, the better he does at his job, the more likely KC will be deep into the playoffs, which means less opportunities because teams don't want to wait until the end of January to fill their coaching vacancies.  I know Reid just signed an extension to keep him through the 2025, but he's 62 years old, has been a coach (in some for or fashion), for over 35 years and an NFL HC for over 20 years.  He's won a Super Bowl (maybe 2), and been to 3.  He's not a poster child for the word "Healthy".  How many more years do you really think he coaches... 2 more?  3?  Bienemy could be your guy in 2023 or 2024.

He'll get his turn, it's coming.  And we've lost a ton of coordinators and still seem to find success year after year.  This guy deserves his shot and it's a shame he continues to be looked over.

12 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

still seem to find success year after year.

Prior to Bienemy, the Chiefs were 1-4 in the playoffs since Reid got there (5 seasons).  Since 2000, they're 1-7.  Since Bienemy took over, they're 6-1.  There are different levels of success that are tangible.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

Prior to Bienemy, the Chiefs were 1-4 in the playoffs since Reid got there (5 seasons).  Since Bienemy took over, they're 6-1.  There are different levels of success that are tangible.

sure.  There's also a guy named Pat Mahomes that started playing during that exact same timeframe :lol:

just curious, what do you think Bienemy's postseason record would have been in the playoffs, if a healthy Alex Smith had been the starting QB these past 3 years?

1 minute ago, cmh6476 said:

sure.  There's also a guy named Pat Mahomes that started playing during that exact same timeframe :lol:

I can make the same argument with Brady and Belichick.  Do you want to take your chances and split them up... or run with it?

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

I can make the same argument with Brady and Belichick.  Do you want to take your chances and split them up... or run with it?

the Chiefs aren't going to have a choice.  Everybody in the Chiefs organization wants Bienemy to get a head coaching gig somewhere, nobody hopes he doesn't for the benefit of the Chiefs.  Sure, it would be great to see him stay until Andy Reid retires and then take over the gig.  Reid just signed a contract extension with the Chiefs last fall.  Barring a heart attack, we've got our guy for the next several years.

5 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

the Chiefs aren't going to have a choice.  Everybody in the Chiefs organization wants Bienemy to get a head coaching gig somewhere, nobody hopes he doesn't for the benefit of the Chiefs.  Sure, it would be great to see him stay until Andy Reid retires and then take over the gig.  Reid just signed a contract extension with the Chiefs last fall.  Barring a heart attack, we've got our guy for the next several years.

Sure, they can all hope that things work out for Bienemy.  I do too.  But, if he doesn't get a job because he doesn't interview well, that's not anyone else's fault.  That's why I said, someone needs to work with him to make him better at it.  To note, the Chiefs have as many wins with Bienemy and Alex Smith (1), as the every other coach/OC/QB in KC combined... since 2000.

Yeah, I mentioned the extension... but he's old and not really all that healthy.  How long do you really think he stays?  I doubt he's still there after the 2023 season.

When Reid does retire, KC is going to be one of the most enticing opportunities in the league with Mahomes.  But I still think Andy is here another 5 to 6 years.

7 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

When Reid does retire, KC is going to be one of the most enticing opportunities in the league with Mahomes.  But I still think Andy is here another 5 to 6 years.

Probably not... it'll most likely be the OC or DC that takes over.

On 1/6/2021 at 12:30 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Josh McDaniel getting no play. He blew it. 

Because he's a complete loser like Matt Patricia.  

• Thanks 1

On 1/14/2021 at 10:47 PM, weepaws said:

Oh boy, I’m not sold on this hire.  

Urban needs to be humbled so badly.  

12 hours ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

I never understood this line of thinking.  They guy is 12-3 in bowl/playoff games and has 3 Championships.  He got to a bowl game every year he was eligible for, since leaving Bowling Green.  In two years, he took a no-name school from nowhere to top 5 in the country.  He won 85% of the games he coached.  I mean, there aren't many coaches who have a better resume... especially not in the last 30 years.  What, a handful?

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I never understood this line of thinking.  They guy is 12-3 in bowl/playoff games and has 3 Championships.  He got to a bowl game every year he was eligible for, since leaving Bowling Green.  In two years, he took a no-name school from nowhere to top 5 in the country.  He won 85% of the games he coached.  I mean, there aren't many coaches who have a better resume... especially not in the last 30 years.  What, a handful?

The line of thinking is he's an arrogant a$$ who conveniently has health issues whenever his loosely run programs has a scandal.  

Just my humble opinion though

31 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

The line of thinking is he's an arrogant a$$ who conveniently has health issues whenever his loosely run programs has a scandal.  

Just my humble opinion though

LOL, ok.  I never followed things that closely in college.  I guess that is kind of funny.  Don't all coaches do the same thing?  I remember Pete Carroll taking the Seattle job because of all the problems with USC.  Once things start heating up, they take the next job that comes along to avoid paying for the mistakes?  I will say though, didn't Urban take the Ohio State job knowing that the school had violations and wasn't eligible for a bowl that year?  He did finish undefeated that year I believe.

I'll be honest though, you're probably not wrong.  I think every coach is taking liberties with rules and regulations... it's just a matter of how well they're covered up or abused.

I do think that Carroll slinked off to Seattle.  

Urban is a great college coach.  One of the best ever.  But he's got the biggest ego you'll ever see and has a history of ducking out when things get complicated

I guess we can quiet the poor Bienemy stuff now. Plus the guy has some rap sheet. 

On 1/31/2021 at 9:26 PM, Jarvis Basnight said:

He will be. won't last 3 seasons before he fakes illness.